• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Metallica

• Low Man's Lyric
  • Hero of the Day
  • The Day That Never Comes
  • Orion

I personally would also like to see them try "Disposable Heroes". More guitar action!

Since Muse's next album is moving toward that 80s vibe, I would also think a cover of "Message in a Bottle" would be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There's this Spanish female disco duo from the Seventies called Baccara, and it stunned me how a good number of their songs have a lot of melodical passages and progressions that give away a strong Muse vibe. What's even more disconcerting to me, it's that in many instances the two singers seemingly sound like two female Matts (without the falsetto) singing in a peculiar Spanish/French accent.

"Darling", for example, is a song that Muse could execute surprisingly well by tweaking it in their own style: the chorus, in particolar, seems to be written for them 40 years in advance! Try and listen to it on YT if you don't believe me.

• 9 months later...

Scorpions „Still loving you“ in a Muse- version 😬😎 

and ... don‘t come @ me .... Simon & Garfunkel „Bridge over troubled water“ but not in a rock-version .. I think I‘d love to hear Matt singing the high bits in chest-voice 😁 if he can‘t falsetto 😏

Edited by Claudia O

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 5:46 PM, MartianSpaghettiRider said:

There's this Spanish female disco duo from the Seventies called Baccara, and it stunned me how a good number of their songs have a lot of melodical passages and progressions that give away a strong Muse vibe. What's even more disconcerting to me, it's that in many instances the two singers seemingly sound like two female Matts (without the falsetto) singing in a peculiar Spanish/French accent.

"Darling", for example, is a song that Muse could execute surprisingly well by tweaking it in their own style: the chorus, in particolar, seems to be written for them 40 years in advance! Try and listen to it on YT if you don't believe me.

Darling sounds like Eternally Missed up until the chorus 😳🤭

Edited by Claudia O

• 5 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 9:18 AM, Timbo59 said:

A full version by Matt and Dom performing We'll Meet Again is being released tomorrow, with a video.

Sadly not the case. The 1 minute version IS the full version, and the video and Dom's drumming are both for Reach Out I'll Be There

1 hour ago, Hat said:

Sadly not the case. The 1 minute version IS the full version, and the video and Dom's drumming are both for Reach Out I'll Be There

Oh dear, I completely misinterpreted those IG posts. Thanks :) I forgot the Jaded Hearts Club Band was a thing.

Edited by Timbo59