• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it'd be a little pointless for them to do a cover.

I'd like them to do a cover of Lateralus by Tool, in a completely different style to the original. Definitely piano opening, and piano for some of the bridge. It might be courting disaster by covering that brilliant a song, but it could be awesome. After all, A Perfect Circle pulled off a really good cover of When The Levee Breaks.

Edit: actually, now I think of it the "da-da-da-da" in the bridge sounds rather like a Kashmir tribute as well. Arr, feck it, cover it anyway :D

Edited by Alec.

Yeah, it'd be a little pointless for them to do a cover.

I'd like them to do a cover of Lateralus by Tool, in a completely different style to the original. Definitely piano opening, and piano for some of the bridge. It might be courting disaster by covering that brilliant a song, but it could be awesome. After all, A Perfect Circle pulled off a really good cover of When The Levee Breaks.

d199a11a_Jizz_in_my_Pants_by_Mani_B.jpeg

I just thought that a Hurt cover would be nice.

You know, that song that became (even more :rolleyes:) famous after Johnny Cash covered it.

Couldn't see it working that well. Reznor's original and Cash's version cover all the bases you'd need this song to, any other band adding to it is unnecessary (Fightstar) and if done with production gloss then it just doesn't work (I'd rather

remove my own eardrums with a blunt chisel than listen to that abysmal Leona Lewis take again). I'd rather see them cover a lesser-known NIN song, maybe The Great Destroyer, substituting a huuuuge guitar freakout in place of the glitchstrocity (don't read this in the wrong way, I really like it) breakdown.

Edited by Alec.

• 2 months later...
Grace by Jeff Buckley would be nice, maybe to sort of pay homage to the inspiration he gave them (or Matt at least, from what I've heard) :happy:

There's a very old radio interview where Matt had an acoustic and the interviewer was asking him questions like "what would you play if ____" and he would play something. At one point he played the intro to Grace.

EDIT:

Grace by Jeff Buckley would be nice, maybe to sort of pay homage to the inspiration he gave them (or Matt at least, from what I've heard) :happy:

There's a very old radio interview where Matt had an acoustic and the interviewer was asking him questions like "what would you play if ____" and he would play something. At one point he played the intro to Grace.

EDIT:

Being a huge Bowie fan, I'd actually like to see Muse have a go at 'Heroes'. I don't normally like anyone covering Bowie songs, especially one as epic as that, but something tells Muse might be able to do it justice.

I'd also like to see them covering Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd.