• 4 weeks later...

Come on, covers are simply covers, I'm just saying that it I'd like to hear Muse covering Creep - a song that I like, and not to "pretend" Radiohead in particular ;) But yeah perhaps the bands are said to be too similar to make the cover sound fresh or something like that.

Come on, covers are simply covers, I'm just saying that it I'd like to hear Muse covering Creep - a song that I like, and not to "pretend" Radiohead in particular ;) But yeah perhaps the bands are said to be too similar to make the cover sound fresh or something like that.

You're clearly not aware of how much Muse are still being referred to as a wannabe Radiohead band.

If Muse were to cover Radiohead, Creep would be one of my last choices to be honest. Plus it's a bit too 'teen angst' for Muse to cover at this point in their lives. Also, Thom and Matt's vocals do sound pretty similar - you can tell the two apart but really there would be no fundamental difference to the song as I can't see the instruments being much different from the original.

All in all. Muse just couldn't pull off Radiohead, in my opinion.

To be fair, Overdue sounds like it could've easily been an unreleased song from Pablo Honey :chuckle:

Pable Honey with could have been released by The Pixies and Nirvana.

You could do that with any band in the world. Especially first album's were the music is very derivative of your influences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Slipknot - Psychosocial or either Diamonds Aren't Forever. It would be funny to hear muse cover a screamo song.

Actually, they did some screamo early on in their career. It wasnt that cookie monster shit you get with slip knot, but it wasn't half bad. Very raw.

Anyway, I'd love them to cover dreaming by system of a down, Do you realize??? By the flaming lips, and to actually finish playing my own summer by deftones!!! Bloody hell, they've been teasing with that for ages! Granted, that's still pretty awesome.

Edit - nine cats, porcupine tree!