Hearing the Arctic Monkeys do a Drake cover on Radio 1's Live Lounge this afternoon made me think - why haven't Muse ever done one of these covers of current songs from a shortlist? I think it'd be great to hear their take on some of the more popular electro-pop stuff that's big in the UK charts right now. :)

Do either them or the management think they're "above it" or something? Many very established artists do it - certainly the Arctic Monkeys outsell them album-wise, for a start. and are on their fifth album.

If I was gonna have them do a cover, I'd want it to be something more interesting than a Guetta/Harris ditty. The only decent Livelounge cover I can think of is Pendulum covering The Catalyst, which worked very nicely. I'd like to see them cover a funk song actually- actually, have them do Everything's Ruined by FNM, because that's got a lovely piano opening.

If I was gonna have them do a cover, I'd want it to be something more interesting than a Guetta/Harris ditty. The only decent Livelounge cover I can think of is Pendulum covering The Catalyst, which worked very nicely. I'd like to see them cover a funk song actually- actually, have them do Everything's Ruined by FNM, because that's got a lovely piano opening.

Sign O' The Times was a fantastic cover.

It's almost like English isn't your first language.

Yeah, sometimes I think I'm italian or something weird like that :(

Yeah, I'D like Muse to do a cover of "My God Is The Sun", by Queens Of The Stone Age, since it's VERY similar to Muse's style, AND I think Matthew Bellamy has a better voice than Josh Homme/Mark Lanegan, and I ALSO think that Matthew Bellamy would look great dressed up in bandages with fake blood....I mean the music video IS mildly disturbing but Muse does odd quite well, so I think they could master disturbing as well. =P It's just a bloody awesome song and I'd like to see them try doing a cover of it. =D

• 1 month later...