Muse should have started the set late, not on time. Guiding Light killed it.......that's not a good number to do live. They could have easily fit in 22 songs if they only would stop with all the stupid interludes and stupid jam after each song.......

the crowd at 50 yards from the stage was so so. some were true fans, some were just there just to be there.

highlight of the show? a large number of hot chicks smoking pot.

...Thanks for the insightful review

The gig was AMAZING I'll post a review soon!

The Gig was okay. The sound was horrible. Not loud at all. The boys should hire a new sound man. You couldn't hear a darn thing unless you were right in front of the stage. What's up with increasing and decreasing the volume during songs???? I was very disappointed in the sound.....it could have been a legendary set, but the sound killed it . Also, Guiding LIght???? are they crazy????? they totally jumped the shark with Guiding Light. Matt shouldn't be worry to show off his piano skills too much....He could do 10 years from now, when he might not have the stamina to do the things he could do on stage now....so sitting at the piano and show off his skills would be great then. However, now, he should just stick to straight rock /rock and roll numbers.

Instead of guiding light, the piano song should have been I belong to you.

Map was played too early in the set.......

Too many unnecessary interludes and jam........they should have played at least 5 more songs instead of during interludes and jam.

As of right now, Muse are tied with Franz Ferdinand for my 5th favorite band, but I am starting to think that Franz Ferdinand might be better live than muse.

Guiding Light is a horrible song live........!!!! the studio version is mediocre.....but live......it just doesn't go anywhere.

On the flip side....Muse fans are good looking...which is always a plus.

The should add another guitarist.......it's hard to recreate all those sounds life with just 3 guys......and a fill in keyboard player.

Muse should have started the set late, not on time. Guiding Light killed it.......that's not a good number to do live. They could have easily fit in 22 songs if they only would stop with all the stupid interludes and stupid jam after each song.......

the crowd at 50 yards from the stage was so so. some were true fans, some were just there just to be there.

highlight of the show? a large number of hot chicks smoking pot.

I saw a group of guys who were doing pot, LSD, and Shrooms at the same time. I decided to move away from them. And I think they could still fit more songs even without the jams. Anyways, Stockholm was fun with the outros.

The Gig was okay. The sound was horrible. Not loud at all. The boys should hire a new sound man. You couldn't hear a darn thing unless you were right in front of the stage. What's up with increasing and decreasing the volume during songs???? I was very disappointed in the sound.....it could have been a legendary set, but the sound killed it . Also, Guiding LIght???? are they crazy????? they totally jumped the shark with Guiding Light. Matt shouldn't be worry to show off his piano skills too much....He could do 10 years from now, when he might not have the stamina to do the things he could do on stage now....so sitting at the piano and show off his skills would be great then. However, now, he should just stick to straight rock /rock and roll numbers.

Too many unnecessary interludes and jam........they should have played at least 5 more songs instead of during interludes and jam.

As of right now, Muse are tied with Franz Ferdinand for my 5th favorite band, but I am starting to think that Franz Ferdinand might be better live than muse.

Guiding Light is a horrible song live........!!!! the studio version is mediocre.....but live......it just doesn't go anywhere.

The should add another guitarist.......it's hard to recreate all those sounds life with just 3 guys......and a fill in keyboard player.

I also about the sound, and changing volumes between songs. But I don't think it was that bad. Plus, even on this board I don't think I've seen that much Guiding Light hate in one post, it's not even a piano song.

Ok clearly you were disappointed, I got that. The gig wasn't THAT horrible though. Too many "unnecessary" jams?!?! I love the jams!!!!!!! Guiding light sucks but cmon we got CE, B&H, and MotP. Speaking of maps, why dyou think it was played to early? Lots of complaints but little reasoning for them... IMO, guiding light is not their absolute worst song. And they have Morgan on the keyboard.

hope you wake up on the right side of the bed this morning.

The changing volumes of the sound is AWESOME... when the crowd isn't a bunch of clowns that talk and yell unnecessarily during the quieter parts... example is Indiana where it worked GREAT (smaller venue helped too).

But for the most part it doesn't work well, LA Rising, OSL, it just didn't work, because the volume was too quiet. But don't blame the sound guy, I am pretty sure you aren't allowed to go higher than a certain decibel level at a festival where there are other stages.

Ok clearly you were disappointed, I got that. The gig wasn't THAT horrible though. Too many "unnecessary" jams?!?! I love the jams!!!!!!! Guiding light sucks but cmon we got CE, B&H, and MotP. Speaking of maps, why dyou think it was played to early? Lots of complaints but little reasoning for them... IMO, guiding light is not their absolute worst song. And they have Morgan on the keyboard.

hope you wake up on the right side of the bed this morning.

I wasn't disappointed, I was just angry because the set could have been so much better. The volume was too low for a rock show .... Have you ever been to a Paul mccartney's concert, or u2, or the rolling stones???? The sound at those concerts are just out of control....crisp and clear and loud!!! Like it 's supposed to be.

When Paul McCartney played at Coachella, you could hear the show from the parking lot like if you were in front of the stage.

So, muse should get rid of the soundguy.....He sucks!!!!

I don't like the fact that muse use click track ....

Map should have been played towards the end of the set....

After guiding light , half of the crowd had fallen asleep by then....map would have woken them up.....instead they play Eurasia ....putting a lot the people in a coma....

They woke up during time is running out....but I say map should have been stuck right after guiding or Eurasia .

Because they only play 15 to 17 songs, they can't afford to waste songs and play guiding light. If they played a set of 36 songs , like Paul McCartney does, then, having guiding light in the set wouldn't be such a bog deal....but when you only play 15 songs....it's no buenos Dias.

I am sure that we all rather have 5 more songs in place of unnecessary jams and interludes...admit it!!!

I wasn't disappointed, I was just angry because the set could have been so much better. The volume was too low for a rock show .... Have you ever been to a Paul mccartney's concert, or u2, or the rolling stones???? The sound at those concerts are just out of control....crisp and clear and loud!!! Like it 's supposed to be.

When Paul McCartney played at Coachella, you could hear the show from the parking lot like if you were in front of the stage.

So, muse should get rid of the soundguy.....He sucks!!!!

I don't like the fact that muse use click track ....

Map should have been played towards the end of the set....

After guiding light , half of the crowd had fallen asleep by then....map would have woken them up.....instead they play Eurasia ....putting a lot the people in a coma....

They woke up during time is running out....but I say map should have been stuck right after guiding or Eurasia .

Because they only play 15 to 17 songs, they can't afford to waste songs and play guiding light. If they played a set of 36 songs , like Paul McCartney does, then, having guiding light in the set wouldn't be such a bog deal....but when you only play 15 songs....it's no buenos Dias.

I am sure that we all rather have 5 more songs in place of unnecessary jams and interludes...admit it!!!

There are people living right next to the park. I'm sure they're the reason why the sound had to be controlled. Also why the music ended at 10 where some go on until 1 in the morning. Plus U2 only does stadiums, I think that allows louder volumes.

Click tracks are unavoidable at this point. They'd sound the same without them anyways.

And for me at least, I'd say Citizen Erased was the best way to wake up after Guiding Light.

There are people living right next to the park. I'm sure they're the reason why the sound had to be controlled. Also why the music ended at 10 where some go on until 1 in the morning. Plus U2 only does stadiums, I think that allows louder volumes.

Click tracks are unavoidable at this point. They'd sound the same without them anyways.

And for me at least, I'd say Citizen Erased was the best way to wake up after Guiding Light.

Paul McCartney was asked to play in Milan at the san Siro stadium...where muse played last year. That stadium implemented A law where you could t go over 80 decibels for a concert show. What did Paul McCartney do? He refused the offer because you can't have a concert wothout turning the volume up. Muse should do the same, boycott festivals and venues where they won't allow the volume to be up. Then muse should get rid of the soundman, he sucks!!!!! Changing volumes during songs??? So amateurish !!!!!

Muse should play a set like Paul McCartney, 36 songs and 3 hrs of pure rock , not 15 tunes and guiding light to put everybody in a coma.

Paul McCartney was asked to play in Milan at the san Siro stadium...where muse played last year. That stadium implemented A law where you could t go over 80 decibels for a concert show. What did Paul McCartney do? He refused the offer because you can't have a concert wothout turning the volume up. Muse should do the same, boycott festivals and venues where they won't allow the volume to be up. Then muse should get rid of the soundman, he sucks!!!!! Changing volumes during songs??? So amateurish !!!!!

Muse should play a set like Paul McCartney, 36 songs and 3 hrs of pure rock , not 15 tunes and guiding light to put everybody in a coma.

OK, but what I'd really like to know is how your L.A. Rising plan for throwing burritos and tacos at Rage Against the Machine went?

The enormity of that Stockholm laser show was not apparent from the barrier, though maybe I was too busy headbanging to notice (or too busy trying to hold my ground with the very obnoxious crowd, the most irritable crowd I've ever dealt with at a Muse concert). I think that crowd factor put this show a notch below Lolla, despite having the same setlist and band energy as Lolla. Still, a quality way to end my run of Resistance tour shows when you ignore the crowd tidbit. Likely the last of the hexagon stage too. I wanted to take a hexagon home with me. :(:p

I will say, the best part of OSL wasn't Muse.

The best part was walking around on Friday, looking at people in costume. I saw Gumby and Waldo, but what takes the cake is seeing the Pink Panther light up a bong right in the middle of the park. :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

There was some fantastic people watching at this festival. If you were on the barrier all day, you may have missed: The Beanie Guys, The Inflatable Shark Guys, The skin tone shirtless overall guy (aka Grizzly Adams) with back fuzz, the guy in the alligator suit, the underwear guy....I could go on.

Thoroughly enjoyed Muse. We got there for Ok Go on, but missed the Black Keys to have some dinner. Very sorry to have missed them. Decided after trying to get closer after Ok Go that we would just hang a little further back. It was just too tight and too much pushing. We were back just behind the sound desk on the right...right next to the speakers. I thought the sound was great, and didn't notice volume issues. Unless y'all are talking about things being forte and piano, and that's how music is supposed to be.;) The lasers really were awesome. The crowd really got into TR stuff and some BHaR. The guy behind me was singing along with B&H. But I was pretty much the only one going nuts during CE. I got an excellent workout and sang along on every song. I was a bit bummed about GL, but I felt like the rest of the concert was spot on. Am I imagining things, or did Matt not play the guitar solo during GL? That was the only song where the crowd was pretty much dead.

The guy in front of me turned around after the first or second song, and said, "You look like you know this band" then asked me if Muse were a 3 piece. :LOL: Singled out for my Museyness. haha!

Flying back home to Atlanta tomorrow. It was great meeting some more boardies! :happy:

What to say about last night?

When Matt played the outro on the piano, they just came full on, and by the end of the song, I was crying so hard that a little bit of snot was starting to run out of my nose. I was in a state of pure happiness throughout the rest of the show and leaving the park. The hell of waiting at the barrier and being bumped and bruised was made worth it because of that one song. :happy::happy:

Other things about last night:

You're definitely one Muser Id like to meet :happy:

I've only met a handful of musers who are as into them as I am.

Archived