Ok, so after talking to Tom Kirk today, I don't think we should get our hopes up about rare Origin songs :( He was talking about how after Outside Lands the band would be practicing for 2 weeks for R/L, which kinda implies that they aren't going to be experimenting at any fests. He was also talking about how Matt is afraid of straining his voice on songs like Micro Cuts.

Shit! :mad:

That means no "Bliss" or "Citizen Erased".

Shit! :mad:

That means no "Bliss" or "Citizen Erased".

No no no! I don't think that's what it means. They've been playing Citizen Erased, so it's obviously not a song that needs rehearsal. And seeing as Bliss was on a mysterious setlist, I don't think you should rule that one out either. Tom didn't say anything about songs not being played in the US, that's just how I interpreted what he said.

I guess I'm just afraid of this ending in disappointment.

I don't really want to hear the same set as L.A. Rising (except for Map and Butterflies, I'd love to hear those again) and I sure as hell don't want a Sacramento repeat. :(

Richard, Imma whip some positive thoughts into you. Don't stress about setlists! What happens happens, we can't change it so we shouldn't think about what we can't control. We'll have fun no matter what they play, promise :kiss:

Richard, Imma whip some positive thoughts into you. Don't stress about setlists!

I just really want this to be awesome, because it will be the last show before Leeds/Reading. I really want them to do something kick ass for S.F.

What happens happens, we can't change it so we shouldn't think about what we can't control. We'll have fun no matter what they play, promise :kiss:

Fun will be had. :yesey:

Richard, Imma whip some positive thoughts into you. Don't stress about setlists! What happens happens, we can't change it so we shouldn't think about what we can't control. We'll have fun no matter what they play, promise :kiss:

Absolutely this!

I just really want this to be awesome, because it will be the last show before Leeds/Reading. I really want them to do something kick ass for S.F.

Fun will be had. :yesey:

We want it to be awesome, too. And remember, it's going to be an epic day of many great bands, and Muser friends.

2 Days!

Ok, so after talking to Ton Kirk today, I don't think we should get our hopes up about rare Origin songs :( He was talking about how after Outside Lands the band would be practicing for 2 weeks for R/L, which kinda implies that they aren't going to be experimenting at any fests. He was also talking about how Matt is afraid of straining his voice on songs like Micro Cuts. So let's still hope for the best, but we shouldn't have any expectations other than that awesome time swill be had (which they will!) :happy:

guessing you went to footie at South Gate? :D I wanted to go but I was figuring out rides to SF all day. Looks like I won't be seeing Arcade Fire on Sunday. :(

the guys soundchecked Micro Cuts for LA Rising so I'm still quite hopeful. whatever happens happens. :D

2 weeks is a bit of a short time for learning half an album, and with no road testing. I can't help but feel that songs like Hyper Music will sound a bit rusty come time for R+L.

They have gone through the album already, and probably more than once. It's just that these last two weeks will be dedicated to rehearsals.

They have gone through the album already, and probably more than once. It's just that these last two weeks will be dedicated to rehearsals.

However, if Matt has a "Sorry, I've forgotten it" moment, I sincerely hope to capture it on video this time! :D

Road testing might be helpful though. You could tell at Teignmouth the Resistance songs didn't sound too polished as the other songs they played and Chris said they'd rehearsed like crazy. That was only 5 new songs too. Somewhat around the same that needs OoS rehearsal.

I'm keeping my hopes up, but I won't be that surprised if Matt has an "I forgot it" moment.

Road testing might be helpful though. You could tell at Teignmouth the Resistance songs didn't sound too polished as the other songs they played and Chris said they'd rehearsed like crazy. That was only 5 new songs too. Somewhat around the same that needs OoS rehearsal.

I'm keeping my hopes up, but I won't be that surprised if Matt has an "I forgot it" moment.

That's different though. With The Resistance it was completely new songs, wheras every track on Origin has been played a lot of times in the past. Somewhere in the back of their heads I'm sure they still remember how to play these songs.

That's different though. With The Resistance it was completely new songs, wheras every track on Origin has been played a lot of times in the past. Somewhere in the back of their heads I'm sure they still remember how to play these songs.

I sure hope so, they seem to be rather forgetful of their old stuff. But well, if they do forget something, Matt could just say he lost the pedal for it.

However, if Matt has a "Sorry, I've forgotten it" moment, I sincerely hope to capture it on video this time! :D

I'll have my camera ready! :D

:LOL:

As long as it isn't the Hyper Music riff, and he stops immediately, saying "Sorry, I forgot the song".

LOL let's hope that doesn't happen, that'd be such a killjoy. but a hilarious one!

I sure hope so, they seem to be rather forgetful of their old stuff. But well, if they do forget something, Matt could just say he lost the pedal for it.

slick ;)

Ok, so after talking to Ton Kirk today, I don't think we should get our hopes up about rare Origin songs :( He was talking about how after Outside Lands the band would be practicing for 2 weeks for R/L, which kinda implies that they aren't going to be experimenting at any fests. He was also talking about how Matt is afraid of straining his voice on songs like Micro Cuts. So let's still hope for the best, but we shouldn't have any expectations other than that awesome time swill be had (which they will!) :happy:

So no hint either way whether CE will be 'kept' on the setlist for OSL? Did you detect a glint / twitch in his eye, LOL?

I wonder if Bliss is considered one of those songs that strain Matt's voice and that's why it's not played a lot. The mystery appearance of Bliss on some setlist floating around keeps things interesting for sure. Will he or won't he?

He doesn't want to strain his voice? I know matt, why don't you just stay in bed... :p

He doesn't want to strain his voice? I know matt, why don't you just stay in bed... :p

YEAH what's with that? if Matt's afraid of straining his voice how has he been able to do all those falsettos throughout the years? he's gettin old :LOL:

maaaan it looks like i'll be getting to SF too late on Friday to wait in line for the gates to open. i wanted to have a test drive before Saturday. should've just booked a Greyhound ticket for Thursday when my original ride bailed on me :mad:

That's not for sure, Matt said that they're only gonna stop playing "the bad ones"

http://twitter.com/#!/MattBellamy/status/53878435436703745

His favorite song is Bliss and he must know by now that CE and MC are fan favorites.

Does this mean Feeling Good will be dropped?! :ohmy::LOL:

Of course it's up to us to think what the "bad" songs are on OoS. Whatever they do, I want them to keep Bliss and CE, because I need to see those live before I die. He'll keep PiB for sure, and hopefully New Born.

Archived