Might as well compliment someone when they deserve it :happy: I know it's worse to have the other way around.

I was further on Matt's side. Hopefully next gig in a few years I can meet some Musers. They're way too rare to come by for me.

Thank you :kiss:

Do you see many other bands? Musers aren't too hard to come by if you go to a lot of gigs!

Finally uploaded my Muse pictures from OSL, you add me on facebook if you want to see them all (http://www.facebook.com/iammelion)

301315_2344232331606_1423929772_32876690_3146767_n.jpg

297155_2344207930996_1423929772_32876652_6382512_n.jpg

295790_2344212011098_1423929772_32876669_1070744_n.jpg

301235_2344239011773_1423929772_32876692_5782137_n.jpg

Thank you :kiss:

Do you see many other bands? Musers aren't too hard to come by if you go to a lot of gigs!

I was there the whole time, but didn't find Musers. And if I heard them I couldn't get to them through the crowd. Outside though I didn't find many who looked like big fans or boardies. Well next Muse concert I go to will most likely one of their own gigs and its easy to arrange meet-ups and such.

And wow, the lighting on that first pic is cool. I though Matt got another guitar for a second. I kinda like that design now... if I ever get a custom guitar I might use that.

I was there the whole time, but didn't find Musers. And if I heard them I couldn't get to them through the crowd. Outside though I didn't find many who looked like big fans or boardies. Well next Muse concert I go to will most likely one of their own gigs and its easy to arrange meet-ups and such.

And wow, the lighting on that first pic is cool. I though Matt got another guitar for a second. I kinda like that design now... if I ever get a custom guitar I might use that.

Yeah most of us were on the barrier :/ Oh I meant like other bands. A lot of us go to a few concerts a month and have mini meet ups!

Someone else thought that too! Haha that would look cool :)

how do I get a hamronica???? I want one too

A lot of luck, and a lot of friends to back you up. A sign definitely helps. And a spot on the barrier, usually Chris's side (or at least close to center). Make sure you make eye contact with Chris before he starts MWaH, gesturing and smiling helps. I held the sign in one hand, did a thumbs up with the other, and did an awesomeface (:awesome:). I had a lot of friends pointing at me too.

You gotta be pretty and make a magic sign... !

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah most of us were on the barrier :/ Oh I meant like other bands. A lot of us go to a few concerts a month and have mini meet ups!

Someone else thought that too! Haha that would look cool :)

Depends, that amount I of money I can spend will probably only allow me to go to the live bands I absolutely want to see. None of them are going be around any time soon.

Well, I'll be busy anyways. The board's a great time passer (or waster, depending on what I'm doing, like now)

Edit: I just noticed that I've seen Muse 3 times, and Matt wore the same shirt for all 3 gigs.

Depends, that amount I of money I can spend will probably only allow me to go to the live bands I absolutely want to see. None of them are going be around any time soon.

Well, I'll be busy anyways. The board's a great time passer (or waster, depending on what I'm doing, like now)

Edit: I just noticed that I've seen Muse 3 times, and Matt wore the same shirt for all 3 gigs.

Top 5 bands, go! I go to a ridiculous number of shows, so we're sure to overlap at some point :)

:LOL: The American flag one? I've gotten that, a pirate skeleton, some kind of Native American design, and Captain America. Bellz is like a little kid haha. Oh and let's not forget the glitter suit.

Play THIS before Knights. Epic finale right there.

I hope they start playing the Song of Storms riff before TIRO. Could also work as a nice outro to Stockholm Syndrome, but they might want to stick the Gerudo Valley riff there instead. (and we are seriously off-topic now lol...so, how about that guitar toss into the drumset? Kinda half-assed compared to the Lolla destruction, but whatever.)

wow a lot happened in this thread while I was writing my essay. :LOL: I tried my best to stay away from Museboard this week since I had a lot of work to catch up on but I'd like to pitch in my two cents on this gig before this thread dies (I'm truly going to miss it!!! :'( )

I was front row. FRONT ROW. On the left side. Matt was singing directly in front of me.

I think I was standing next to you because I stood directly in front of Matt, too!! :O evidence:

6048336079_77c4e49d1b_z.jpg

Outside Lands 2011 by Lucy (嘉莉), on Flickr

I'm glad you got a plectrum. Of all the material things I'd really like to come home with, I would just like a tiny Muse guitar pick. That's all!!

Mel, you are so lucky for getting the harmonica!!!!!!!! And Jessica those photos your photos are fantastic!!

By the way, here is one of the many crowd shots from Muse night:

img_5549.jpg?w=600

Are any of you in this, aside from Andrew, Kristin and me?

HOLYCRAP I did not know the crowd was THAT impacted! I was getting crushed at the barrier but I honestly had a worse experience at a Death Cab for Cutie concert (yes...for Death Cab. those fans are crazy. felt like I was gonna die). I talked to the Muser next to me (it might've been sisterdew?), a barrier veteran and she said that this one was the worst she had been to. I heard that even LA Rising wasn't so bad. Good to know because I'd love to do barrier at another Muse concert someday. :happy:

So I guess I'll just start off by saying that even though I've been listening to Muse since 2006 (back when I was listening to Starlight and Plug In Baby on repeat while Unintended creeped the hell out of me :LOL:), I really consider myself a Muse noob. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I decided to barrier at this gig. I just wanted to make it up to myself for missing out at LA Rising (I had just landed in LA after a 16 hour flight on the day of the gig) and I thought the only way to do that was to get to the barrier. From the impression that other Musers gave me on blogs and on the Musers at OSL Facebook, it seemed that OSL would have a more relaxed crowd than most Muse gigs. Didn't seem that way, though! I was pinned to the barrier with fellow Musers for hours but it was all worth it when Muse came on. :)

I got three songs crossed off my bucket list. THREE!!!!!!! MotP, B&H, and the oh so beautiful Citizen Erased.......god that song is just amazing live. I couldn't stop screaming in the beginning and I almost wish I didn't sing to every lyric because I can hear myeslf sing in the video I taped of CE and Matt's voice was just too good.

It was surreal to see them up close. Last time (the only other time) I saw Muse, I was sitting quite far away from the stage. But at OSL I was able to see Matt mouth the lyrics of House of the Rising Sun, play some riffage without his plectrum, and smirk when he saw the large crowd while walking out on stage (I'll never forget that look on his face!). I just got so lucky with my position at the barrier. I didn't arrive that early to the queue compared to some of you but I definitely got the spot I wanted.

Yes, we got some not-so-loved songs like Guiding Light (RIGHT AFTER B&H LOLLL) and Undisclosed Desires. No, we didn't get Micro Cuts or other OoS rarities. And in my opinion, Matt's voice is getting worse with age (I know some Musers would beg to differ) but this gig still tops ALL of the gigs I've been to. I remember a Muser near me even said "CALM DOWN" as I just couldn't stop screaming! :LOL: I hope that Muser was kidding (cuz seriously, calming down at a Muse gig? I'LL DO THAT DURING GUIDING LIGHT BUT NOT CE) though I doubt it, my screams and shouts could probably be found in dozens of videos recorded that night LOL. I'll probably never get to experience a gig like this again even though I plan to do barrier at the next Muse gig I attend. I thought this was going to be a quiet year for Muse but instead they did a whole round of American summer festivals! I'm awaiting the band's next surprise. ;)

It was really nice meeting some of the Musers (thanks for the shirt, Pam!!!!!!) and chatting with some of you on the web. This is the first time I really started posting on Museboard since I asked about the camera policy at the Staples Center gig last year LOL. And It's likely that I won't be on Museboard very often at all after this post, especially with the school year coming up and all that. But I'll never forget all the build-up to that 90 minute long experience, plus the amazing gig. :)

Quite a few of the photos I got are blurry since I always shoot with manual settings/focusing and taking photos is only second priority to rocking out. :D I wish I got more video footage, my other 8gb and 16gb cards were in my backpack which my legs were smashing into the barrier...obviously couldn't get them out. I'm uploading more gig photos on my Flickr and I'll post up a link once they're online.

:eek: Awesome picture! You'll be uploading more, right? :D

thank you! you've got some really great photos, too. I'm actually looking for a good point-and-shoot to bring to venues that strictly forbid DSLRs and I think your camera is something I'm looking for. :) and absolutely! I'll post a link to my Muse photos once they're all uploaded.

Archived