Sounds like one of the best B&H I've heard from the footage available on youtube. A bootleg for this gig would be cool.

Matt fail ^ Good footage on that video btw...

I've seen Muse 3 times and at OSL was the first I noticed some 'human' glitches in Matt's voice. In Oakland and even when Sacrament-owned in 2010, vocals were perfect. Glitches or not, he sang his heart out in OSL!

Hope his voice continues to age beautifully, unlike sadly some others'.

I've seen Muse 3 times and at OSL was the first I noticed some 'human' glitches in Matt's voice. In Oakland and even when Sacrament-owned in 2010, vocals were perfect. Glitches or not, he sang his heart out in OSL!

Hope his voice continues to age beautifully, unlike sadly some others'.

Yes, his voice has only improved throughout the TR-tour and is much better than ever before, no discussion. Especially on OSL and Lolla (judging from youtube videos).

I haven't been watching vids but I'm wondering if there's an element of improvement in the cameras used, when it comes to sound/vocal quality?

It might differ between cameras used yes, but it doesn't change the fact that vocals on amateur videos from the past couple of gigs sounds better than practically all of the pro-shots from the TR-tour, maybe except for the two Christmas-present videos from Wembley 2nd.

I was the one who caught the harmonica, I had the magic traveling sign :chuckle: The sign has gotten 3 people harmonicas so far! Basically I held it up during PiB and Chris saw it and smiled, then threw the harmonica to me after MWaH even though I was on Matt's side of the barrier :happy:

I was told to upload this ("pics or gtfo" :LOL:) so here you go, me with the magic sign and harmonica.

P1020559crop.jpg

It was my first time seeing Muse live and one of the best days of my life so far. :D Seeing Muse live compared to everything, CD, youtube live vid, just doesn't compare to being in-person live.

As a first-timer, I can't really complain about the set-list. It would've been better to have replaced a couple songs with something like New Born, Bliss, Invincible, Glorious (better stop there before i just list them all), but it was awsem.

Maybe it was because I wasn't close enough to the front of the stage with the fellow massive Muse fans, or it may have just been because of my first time, but when they started playing songs like Citizen Erased, Nishe, Helsinki Jam, Stockholm Syndrome, I was super amazed and yelled "holy shit, they're playing this?! WHOO" while the others around were just silent...

I was the one who caught the harmonica, I had the magic traveling sign :chuckle: The sign has gotten 3 people harmonicas so far! Basically I held it up during PiB and Chris saw it and smiled, then threw the harmonica to me after MWaH even though I was on Matt's side of the barrier :happy:

I was told to upload this ("pics or gtfo" :LOL:) so here you go, me with the magic sign and harmonica.

P1020559crop.jpg

I don't think it's just the sign... :rolleyes:

Yes, Mel, you are very pretty! And so are you, Haley! And happy birthday! I enjoyed your write up. The pictures are quite good!

We were so far back (just behind the sound desk to the right), that I depended on the big screens for seeing. Altho, it really didn't matter, because I was singing along and jumping like a fool. I think I had more fun at this gig, because I didn't have my camera and I just let go and was a complete jumping nut. It would have been even more fun had more Musers been nearby jumping with me!

We were so far back (just behind the sound desk to the right), that I depended on the big screens for seeing. Altho, it really didn't matter, because I was singing along and jumping like a fool. I think I had more fun at this gig, because I didn't have my camera and I just let go and was a complete jumping nut. It would have been even more fun had more Musers been nearby jumping with me!

We couldn't even jump. The crowd was that squashed up front. What kind of Muse concert is it where I'm not able to bounce during TIRO? :rolleyes:

Level of attractiveness, may also play a part!

But how cool, that will be the best souvenir you'll ever get!

:$ Well thanks, but I was a mess that night after being in such a rough pit. I took that picture the next morning after a good night's sleep and a shower! :LOL:

Doubt it, or else I never would have had a harmonica tossed to me :p

Oh shush Haley, you're pretty :p

I mean, I doubt Chris would ever throw me the Harmonica no matter how big sign I made ^^

I think a pretty smile helped you quite a bit :)

That's a mean reflection on Chris! Thanks, but I think it was the sign that made him pick me, and the group of my muse buddies on the barrier who were so kind as to point at me.

Yes, Mel, you are very pretty! And so are you, Haley! And happy birthday! I enjoyed your write up. The pictures are quite good!

Thank you :) Agreed!

I wish I could have jumped :( Stupid pushy crowd.

I guess getting pushed a few rows back and losing the close up view wasn't too bad. I got just enough room to join the jumping.

You do look good by the way

That's good! :happy: I was happy to be able to jump the next day for Arcade Fire. (Yes, I did barrier 2 days in a row :facepalm: It was worth it though!)

Gahh I can't handle compliments, thanks guys :$ :$

Gahh I can't handle compliments, thanks guys :$ :$

Might as well compliment someone when they deserve it :happy: I know it's worse to have the other way around.

By the way, here is one of the many crowd shots from Muse night:

Are any of you in this, aside from Andrew, Kristin and me?

I was further on Matt's side. Hopefully next gig in a few years I can meet some Musers. They're way too rare to come by for me.

That's a mean reflection on Chris! Thanks, but I think it was the sign that made him pick me, and the group of my muse buddies on the barrier who were so kind as to point at me.

I quite enjoyed making exaggerated motions and thumbs up at him. Seems to be a method that continuously works! :D

Thanks, glad you liked it! :)

Archived