What a great show! :happy: Although I’m just now starting to recover from being on the barrier. As others have already mentioned, it was pretty brutal. Definitely the worst of any Muse show I've been to. It was hard to breathe from the start of the Black Keys (who were awesome by the way) all the way to the end. It was worth it though, the show itself was fantastic.

I didn't see the 7 string during the sound check and assumed they weren't playing Citizen Erased. It was such a great moment when I realized what Matt was holding after Guiding Light! CE is incredible live, I hope every Muser gets a chance to hear it at some point.

I was really hoping for some other OoS rarities as well though. That was the main reason I made the trip to San Francisco after already seeing Muse at Indy and Lolla. If they screw up at R/L because of lack of practice, it will be their own fault. :mad: I understand where they're coming from though, when they think people in the US only know their recent singles. No one at OSL seemed to recognize CE other than a few hardcore fans.

Thanks for the pictures, they're great! :)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

There was some fantastic people watching at this festival. If you were on the barrier all day, you may have missed: The Beanie Guys, The Inflatable Shark Guys, The skin tone shirtless overall guy (aka Grizzly Adams) with back fuzz, the guy in the alligator suit, the underwear guy....I could go on.

LOL. I know one of the shark guys. An acquaintance from LA that I randomly saw up there and chatted with.

Good festival, dont really remember a whole lot. I actually only saw about 7 bands the whole time. The wine lands set up was awesome!

I have to say, I do like Hysteria a lot more when Matt is playing along to the bass line in the beginning and not doing the slide up the neck of his guitar.

I prefer the slide/scratchy intro, partly as it seems to me a bit like pissing on Chris' bonfire :chuckle:

OK, usually don't post here, but had to :)

Been a muse fan for about 10+ years. Since the first album actually. Love those guys. They're probably the only band that still gets to me. That always did.

Anyway, a year and a half ago I bought tickets to the London concert (I lived in Israel at the time. Muse never played there), and than moved to the US (before the show). That was my one of my biggest regrets about the move. Especially since they played in Seattle (where I live now) about 2 months before I moved here.

And then I heard about the SF show. Bought tickets immediately.

A few weeks later also bought tickets to Chicago. Grabbed a friend and went to the second best show of my life.

SF was the best.

I was front row. FRONT ROW. On the left side. Matt was singing directly in front of me. Playing those insane piano melodies right in front of me. His image on the screen was smaller than the one in real life. I screamed every word.

The sound in Chicago was better. It usually is when you're standing right between the speakers close to the sound stage. But the sound in the first row was great. The songs were great. It all was just great.

And that yellow GUITAR PICK my husband caught for me is still in my wallet :D

I'm not sure what to do now. There's no reason to go to another concert. Ever. I've got Dream Theater tickets. Anyone wants to buy them?

I'll try to upload some pics that my husband took. I was busy having the time of my life.

I'm not sure what to do now. There's no reason to go to another concert. Ever. I've got Dream Theater tickets. Anyone wants to buy them?

Two things.

1. I promise you, if you keep seeing bands, Muse will not be the best gig you've ever been to. Muse were my second gig in 2004 and I've seen them six times more since but they're still not the best band I've seen live by any means.

2. See DT - they're ace live :D. Seen them twice and the first show was as good as Muse.

Two things.

1. I promise you, if you keep seeing bands, Muse will not be the best gig you've ever been to. Muse were my second gig in 2004 and I've seen them six times more since but they're still not the best band I've seen live by any means.

2. See DT - they're ace live :D. Seen them twice and the first show was as good as Muse.

I don't know if I enjoy Dream Theater as much as I do Muse (still my favorite band) but I can't wait to see them this fall! I always felt DT would be nothing without Portnoy, like imagining a Rush without Neil Peart or a DMB without Carter Beauford, but could there be a better replacement for Portnoy than Mike Mangini?? This is going to be fun. :D

Totally go see Dream Theater. It's always good to have another gig lined up. Helps with PMS (post Muse syndrome.) I've got Foo Fighters in November, and probably the Infamous Stringdusters in October. I caught the Stringdusters at OSL and they were fantastic. Bluegrass and some blues. Can highly recommend. :happy: I'd like to see the Black Keys (since I missed them at OSL) at Music Midtown here in Atlanta, but we'll see. My husband's about to lose his job at the end of this month, so we'll have to be more careful about our spending. :(

Sounds like one of the best B&H I've heard from the footage available on youtube. A bootleg for this gig would be cool.

Matt fail ^ Good footage on that video btw...

OMG! I was, I think, just behind this guy! That was totally my view. :LOL: I wonder if he'll have any more going up.

Archived