Hopefully the speculation can be taken off the title on Monday when the lineup is announced, but I have a good feeling about this one (and my festival guessing track record is pretty good so far, haha!). It's a week after Lollapalooza (and on my birthday :ninja:), and Muse is heavily rumored. I've had a gut feeling about this one for months and already bought my ticket just in case! Anyone else planning on SanFran for August? ;)

Also, just for fun, my current lineup guess is Phish/Muse/Arcade Fire for headliners. :)

EDIT: Suck it, bitches. :p (more concrete OSL info shall go here later, I promise)

ATTENDANCE LIST OF DOOM

agenthal (Haley)

xogirl (Sharon)

xsunburnedx (Laurel)

sprocketeer

JessicaSarahS

supralover23

Shlebee

Sizzle'd

melon

Liz0_o

Catherine (I forgot her username, HAARP whatever :LOL:)

SniperOmega

Death_of_Me

Patryk

Ayrton

Bailey Essrog

NDAngel707

haruka

Cally

Me :D Got my early-bird (oops, I mean Eager Beaver :facepalm:) ticket and everything (which is pretty much fuck all else, since I live less than an hour away). I'm trying not to read too much into this lineup hint tweet, but @SFOUTSIDELANDS ranger dave prefers the metric system. yards, really? suggests a non-US, probably European band, since Metric would just be too obvious. Muse, perhaps?

I live in SF. If they play this, then they will be playing in my backyard, so to speak, so HECK YEAH, I will be there!!!! :D

I think the clue was this one: "Ranger Dave is keeping a keen eye on the middle east. 2011 repeats 1848."

1848=Revolutions....Uprisings.........Muse.

Well, hopefully...:rolleyes:

Been keeping a close eye on this one. A 6-hour drive from my house means I could easily make this. August is going to be completely ridiculous. Hoping for confirmation to our hopes and speculation tomorrow.

Gonna guess the advent calendar clue refers to The Decemberists. I'm pretty clueless for most of the hints.

Advent calendars mark the countdown from December 1st until Christmas. So it takes place in December.

Just a guess, of course. :)

Ah, nice, I like that! That'd be an awesome answer for a Roo clue, but that could be too deep for a OSL clue. :LOL:

At this point I don't think Muse will be at OL. Seemed probable a while back simply because it became known that a west coast gig was going to take place and you really don't see too many bands play a one off festival gig. Sure, it happens, but Muse as an OL headliner made sense. It would have given them top bill at OL, Lolla, ACL, Voodoo, and Coachella, leaving Bonaroo as the only major US festival not played over the last year and a half. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. And if not, where the heck is this WC gig going to take place? An LA club or maybe the Hollywood Bowl are what I'm thinking. There's still the rumor of Bumbershoot, but I just don't believe that one. Would be great if it was true! :D

Yeah, I don't believe Bumbershoot. OSL makes a LOT more sense. Hmm... don't know what to think at this point, but I was so sure! Sure enough to buy a ticket just in case! Just to hammer that in, Bonnaroo and OSL are put on by the same company, so it would make a lot of sense for them to headline OSL this year and finally Bonnaroo next year as part of a dual contract, like what they did with ACL and Lolla this year and last year. Maybe that company just doesn't like Muse, lol, where C3 is in love with them.

Also, Mile High Festival was canceled this year, so there are no other festivals in the US that weekend for Muse to play. And as you said, Muse aren't the type to do one-offs... they do multiple gigs while in a country and get their money's worth. And are fest whores. :LOL:

Hopefully the speculation can be taken off the title on Monday when the lineup is announced, but I have a good feeling about this one (and my festival guessing track record is pretty good so far, haha!). It's a week after Lollapalooza (and on my birthday :ninja:), and Muse is heavily rumored. I've had a gut feeling about this one for months and already bought my ticket just in case! Anyone else planning on SanFran for August? ;)

Also, just for fun, my current lineup guess is Phish/Muse/Arcade Fire for headliners. :)

EDIT: I dunno about Muse :/ Based off the clues, let's get lineup guessing.

Foo Fighters

Buffalo Springfield/Neil Young

Death Cab For Cutie

Best Coast

Peter, Bjorn, and John

Metric

Arctic Monkeys

Beirut or The Civil Wars

The Decemberists

???? just guessing...

Yeah I think most of them seem pretty accurate from the comment section in the link ranger dave posted. Advent could also be Sleigh bells.

Me :D Got my early-bird (oops, I mean Eager Beaver :facepalm:) ticket and everything (which is pretty much fuck all else, since I live less than an hour away). I'm trying not to read too much into this lineup hint tweet, but @SFOUTSIDELANDS ranger dave prefers the metric system. yards, really? suggests a non-US, probably European band, since Metric would just be too obvious. Muse, perhaps?

I think Metric is metric. I don't know if they really want to trick us all that much considering lineup is tomorrow. But who knows.

Been keeping a close eye on this one. A 6-hour drive from my house means I could easily make this. August is going to be completely ridiculous. Hoping for confirmation to our hopes and speculation tomorrow.

Gonna guess the advent calendar clue refers to The Decemberists. I'm pretty clueless for most of the hints.

Maybe sleigh bells. I wonder if parry sound = Janes addiction?

I still think Muse are a good possibility...timing seems right.. Ah well, we'll know everything in less than 24 hours so kinda doesn't matter..

Hmmm......Ranger Dave just tweeted that he has repeated only one artist at OL and that artist played the Sutro stage in '08 and will now play the Land's End stage this year. Does anyone know...? Obviously this has nothing to do with Muse 'cause they've never played this festival, but I was just curious. This would be an obvious clue for someone who has attended this festival a lot. I haven't... Almost crashed it though last year coming through the woods in GG park.. :chuckle:

I still think Muse are a good possibility...timing seems right.. Ah well, we'll know everything in less than 24 hours so kinda doesn't matter..

Hmmm......Ranger Dave just tweeted that he has repeated only one artist at OL and that artist played the Sutro stage in '08 and will now play the Land's End stage this year. Does anyone know...? Obviously this has nothing to do with Muse 'cause they've never played this festival, but I was just curious. This would be an obvious clue for someone who has attended this festival a lot. I haven't... Almost crashed it though last year coming through the woods in GG park.. :chuckle:

Twin peaks stage is what ranger dave is saying now. That rules out radiohead and black keys. Rest of the bands seemed to be pretty mediocre that year. :\

Broken Social Scene, Primus, Black Keys, and Lupe Fiasco are the most likely options for that clue. Fingers crossed it's Black Keys!

Yeah, I'd be interested in hearing them live, for sure. If Muse play, I'm thinking of just getting a day pass for their day, so hopefully Black Keys might be on the same day..

I can't wait to hear the lineup tomorrow. Big deciding factor for me, because if Muse aren't on it and it ain't worth the travel, I'll sell my ticket and put the money towards Biffy shows. :LOL:

if you do decide to sell it i might buy it :shifty:

Archived