I say we ignore the "probably", because pulling out would just be incredibly stupid at this point.

It would be murder. Seriously. :fear:

Saying something like that with the word 'probably' attached is just asking for a bollocking cos now he's got all our hopes up, so if he fails to deliver, he's gonna be sucker-punched by the backlash of angry fans - and what would be the point of that?

I was already expecting Mirco Cuts and Space Dementia cos, as I've said, they've played them fairly recently and they don't need to faff around with remembering the chords/ words etc - it would be stupid to leave them out of an OoS tribute! What I was hoping for was some obscure ones like Screenager and Darkshines... I'm now expecting them, at least for one of the two shows, so they better fucking deliver :LOL::phu:

I say we ignore the "probably", because pulling out would just be incredibly stupid at this point.

I think "probably" refers to the word "entirety", not to pulling out. I really do not think there is any risk of that now.

I wonder if they will try any new arrangements, like they did with Cave. What would people feel about that?

I think "probably" refers to the word "entirety", not to pulling out. I really do not think there is any risk of that now.

I wonder if they will try any new arrangements, like they did with Cave. What would people feel about that?

There will be re-arrangements for sure. I just can't see Hyper Music being played with the same intensity as back in the Showbiz-era. Matt doesn't do the screams anymore. I just hope he can do justice to it.

I wonder how they'll approach some of the harder to sing songs? I really hope they have a go at playing Hyper Music, even if they have to lower the key a little bit. I'm not expecting Matt to be screaming like mad at Leeds/Reading, it'll be interesting to see how he'll tackle the tougher songs though.

I hope they do something interesting with screenager and darkshines, or the gig post microcuts wont be nearly as exciting as the start.

I've never seen Darkshines live, but it sounds like something that could get the crowd going. I see your point with Screenager though. Also they never said they'd play through in order

I wonder if it will be performed in album sequence, or mixed-up?

I'm thinking album sequence, based on the wording of 'in its entirety' and '(some other songs)', and since they've already done it with BH&R and lastly, because it would be a fitting send off to the album. But it could go either way I guess.

Megalomania is a powerful song and would work great as a main set closer.

QFT.

Would be interesting then. Most of it works but Space Dementia is in a bit of an odd - but entirely workable - place, and Plug In Baby is midset, which is strange. Main problem is Screenager - Dark Shines - Feeling Good though. Megalomania is a fantastic main set closer I agree.

That section towards the end flows fairly poorly on the album, so it stands to reason it will translate much the same live. (Except Screenager will be on piano I'd guess.)

I'm still struggling to picture Muse playing Darkshines...

I wonder if it will be performed in album sequence, or mixed-up?

If he doesn't faff about changing guitars and break in between songs the succession of SD - HM - PiB - CE - MC would be amazing as they blend one into the other!

I swear to god if one of those "other songs" Matt was going about is Assassin, I will stab a bitch out of pure jealousy, even more so if it's GOB edit...

By "other songs" he probably meant Uprising, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria, all the staples

By "other songs" he probably meant Uprising, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria, all the staples

Yes, there's no way they'll not play their biggest hits. And I really hope they do play them for all the non-hardcore fans who'll attend the gig. My dad and his gf is coming along and they've only listened to The Resistance and Uprising being their favorite song. They'd be so disappointed if they didn't play it. ^_^

Yes, there's no way they'll not play their biggest hits. And I really hope they do play them for all the non-hardcore fans who'll attend the gig. My dad and his gf is coming along and they've only listened to The Resistance and Uprising being their favorite song. They'd be so disappointed if they didn't play it. ^_^

You need to introduce them to OoS asap.

Even though they've announced this whole OoS thing in a lot of places, I'm still a bit weary about the whole situation. I think that they'll play some songs they haven't played in a while (Micro Cuts, CE, all that good stuff), but I really do doubt they'll do like Screenager or Dark Shines and all. I'm also doubting they'll play other goodies like Assassin or Glorious.

But, this is the best news I've heard from them in a while, so I'll hope.

Yes, I should. I'm thinking that they'd be better off seeing a Resistance-tour gig than this but whatever. It'll be fun for them in any case I guess.

Introduce them now, if they don't like it.. fair enough.

If they do like it, there not gonna miss out on possible the best OoS gig to date :)

Even though they've announced this whole OoS thing in a lot of places, I'm still a bit weary about the whole situation. I think that they'll play some songs they haven't played in a while (Micro Cuts, CE, all that good stuff), but I really do doubt they'll do like Screenager or Dark Shines and all. I'm also doubting they'll play other goodies like Assassin or Glorious.

But, this is the best news I've heard from them in a while, so I'll hope.

I know Matt said 'probably' but he did say they'd play OoS "in its entirety' which to me means every song.

Archived