but Matt if you really, really want to do it, then don't let me stop you! :p

oh mother.

but seriously matt, go the full way and sell out completely, even if you love gaga this is just the next step away from good music. and you know it.

But that said, I would 100000% rather have a Muse/Gaga collaboration than a Muse/ Lady Antebellum collaboration that was rumored before. Love me some Gaga.

Was there that rumor? I haven't heard it, but ewwwww.

I think Muse/Gaga has some serious potential for super-special-awesomeness, but I'm still not sure if I'm excited or not on the possibility of it being true or not. *shrug*

Where is muse s'amuse?

Not all rumours are true. For example, Britney will not be performing at the 2011 GRAMMYs despite earlier speculation she would open the show. Another recent rumour says Eminem will be dueting with Dr. Dre. The GRAMMY producers like to showcase unique collaborations each year. I am glad Mick Jagger finally gets a chance to perform this year. I have also heard another rumour the Glee cast may perform. Florence Welch and Mumford & Sons and the Black Keys are possibilities too. Also, there are still many presenters yet to be announced. It appears only ten awards will be handed out on the TV broadcast this year on CBS.

Regarding Matt Bellamy and Stefani Germanotta:

Matt said in an interview for the Q Awards that his favorite song of the decade was Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi". In the same interview Matt even started singing Paparazzi.

On an interview with Triple J, Matt said "I love her music. I think she's an absolutely superb artist and I love the way she dresses. I really like her".

Also, on an interview with 99.3 The Fox, Muse were asked what artists they'd want to work with musically and Matt answered "Lady Gaga. I'd love to do something with her".

Matt and Dom went to a Lady Gaga concert in Washington D.C. on 29th September,2009 after opening for U2 earlier that same night. Afterwards, he met her backstage. About the meeting, Matt said "The other day, we were opening up for U2 in Washington D.C. We ran offstage quite early because I wanted to go see Lady Gaga play. She was playing in town. I think she's an amazing performer. She wears really cool costumes and stuff. We actually got to meet her as well briefly afterwards. She was all covered in sweat and tight leotards. It was very nice to meet her. I was very excited to meet her actually because I love [Paparazzi] so much. I think it's one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard." On their twitter account, Matt posted a picture of Dom backstage at the concert wearing a Lady Gaga hat.

http://twitpic.com/jomb1

Source: MuseWiki

This could be really interesting and makes me want to watch for sure.

It'd be much better than playing a song we've heard 10000 times before

Yeah, but we heard most of Gaga's songs a thousand times too. :LOL:

I think it'll be some uber-combinaison of we've-already-heard-this-a-thousand-times: a mash-up of Feeling Good and Po-po-po-pokerface.

Yeah, but we heard most of Gaga's songs a thousand times too. :LOL:

I think it'll be some uber-combinaison of we've-already-heard-this-a-thousand-times: a mash-up of Feeling Good and Po-po-po-pokerface.

I know we've heard Gaga's songs a lot, but I'm sure this either be a special spin on a Gaga or Muse song, or a new song, probably off her new album (Maybe theres a collab on Gaga's new album that we don't know about :eek:)

Point is it won't be the same as just one of the two performing some huge hit. Muse would have just played Uprising, Resistance, or UD anyway, and theres plenty of pro-shots of all of those. I'd rather something different and a Gaga collab would certainly be different

I know we've heard Gaga's songs a lot, but I'm sure this either be a special spin on a Gaga or Muse song, or a new song, probably off her new album (Maybe theres a collab on Gaga's new album that we don't know about :eek:)

Point is it won't be the same as just one of the two performing some huge hit. Muse would have just played Uprising, Resistance, or UD anyway, and theres plenty of pro-shots of all of those. I'd rather something different and a Gaga collab would certainly be different

Yeah, in all seriousness, I didn't care much for the Grammy's this year until I heard this. It'd be interesting to see, at least.

**** FULL DISCLOSURE TO MODS****

I have another account under a different email that I registered like a year ago, but now cannot use because a) I can't remember the password and b) your captchas are impossible. Besides, I only intended to use that account once, and asked that it be deleted soon afterward, but I guess that wish wasn't fulfilled. So I say this in case my IP address is recognized, I don't want to get accused of sockpuppeting. ANYWAY..

... to go back on topic, I like both artists quite a lot, but I'd rather that they NOT perform together at the Grammys. Just no. I want Muse to shine on their own that night, not be upstaged by Gaga. If they want to perform together, I'd rather that they do it at a music festival, it would be a much better environment for it. Besides, Gaga will debut her lead single from Born This Way, I doubt that she would pick that night of all nights to share the stage and momentum with another artist.

Oh, and to all Gaga fans, she will perform on Jay Leno February 14. Good night all.

Archived