I don't see the fuss about Bad Romance personally, I like it a lot more than I used to but I still think it's basically a paler retread of Poker Face. Which I love - it's what made me pick up her album.

The new song is pretty good but nowhere near her best IMO. I still look forward to the album though.

i know., but why say gaga sounds like madonna when muse sounds like Queen in that song and is more obvious than the gaga's one. (idont say the similarity with EPY,) but many people think sounds the same, :rolleyes: as I said before any artists are influenced by others in their music, idont see anything wrong with that. :LOL:

changing of subject.

Gaga just beat a world record - iTunes

She just because the fastest number one in history on iTunes.

In 3 Hours and 16 minutes she reached the number one spot.

AND 20 NUMBER ONES ON ITUNES! PAWS UP.!!!! :happy:

USoE is one of my less fave Muse songs cos it sounds too much like Queen and I'm not sure if I like Lady Gaga's latest song as much as her earlier stuff due to the similarity to Madonna. I prefer both Muse's and Gaga's more orginal tracks that sound like them rather than someone else. I've only heard the new Gaga song twice so far though, might grow on me.

I personally think it would be Lady Gaga featuring Muse but I generally doubt they would collaborate with her first performance of Born this Way. I think she will also blow Muse out of that water but that's because I have seen both of them live and she puts on a better performance than them.

Muse haven't been fantastic live as of late anyway, so if anything Gaga would be taking them to another level.

And what have Muse to do with Lady Gaga, exactly? They are completely different artists with a different philosophy. This comparison only shows your ignorance, but of course this comes from the same girl who says Lady Gaga is better than Madonna :rolleyes:

I don't see the fuss about Bad Romance personally, I like it a lot more than I used to but I still think it's basically a paler retread of Poker Face. Which I love - it's what made me pick up her album.

The new song is pretty good but nowhere near her best IMO. I still look forward to the album though.

Perhaps it's because we have heard the mashup with Muse which is so good and made me like the non Muse version too.

I really enjoy her hits when they come on the radio, but I bought her album and I rarely listen to it tbh. I don't even think I got to the end of it. The endless pop sound did my head in and I got bored of it, though there are some good ones in there. In comparison to Muse, I can listen to their music endlessly, the same stuff every day and never get bored.

However I wouldn't dispute that she is talented. She's a good live singer, which Madonna isn't incidentally, and can play instruments, but I think she has been put on too high a pedestal by some. I think currently she is the flavour of the month but I think her popularity will wain in time.

Er… She's got a LOOOT of talent. I don't like all her stuff but there's no denying her talent...

I actually did see her live (I was made to go...kicking and screaming, only there as a chaperone). Expecting to hate every second of the gig, with music that is really not my kinda thing...I came away thinking that it was a great "show" that had been put on, that she had alot of talent (very strong vocals) and was a really sweet lady who was very appreciative of her fans. Still not my type of music though...

And what have Muse to do with Lady Gaga, exactly? They are completely different artists with a different philosophy. This comparison only shows your ignorance, but of course this comes from the same girl who says Lady Gaga is better than Madonna :rolleyes:

I was suggesting that she puts on a better show. I would love to see them working together but she is far more, hmm OTT (?), than Muse are so I think she would get more attention and pretty much overshadow them. Two different genres of music of course but when I compare current efforts on tour, she brings more to the table.

I do think Lady Gaga is better than Madonna. If you don't like my opinion then stick me on ignore. Thanks.

If you don't find a great voice and fantastic piano playing talent then what do you think of one Matt Bellamy? Is he only good because he plays guitar aswell?

Plenty of people play instruments in this world. Bellamy's level of musicianship can't be compared to lady gaga, it isn't even remotely close. Chris Martin sings and plays piano too, but i don't have to like that whiny little girl just because he does.

That said, i like lady gaga quite a bit, probably the only act i like in a genre i tend to hate.

Plenty of people play instruments in this world. Bellamy's level of musicianship can't be compared to lady gaga, it isn't even remotely close. Chris Martin sings and plays piano too, but i don't have to like that whiny little girl just because he does.

That said, i like lady gaga quite a bit, probably the only act i like in a genre i tend to hate.

Who says you have to like him?

or her in this case.

I was just making a point based on the logic in the post that I quoted. But you are right...and thankfully nobody has ever made me like anyone :happy:

Your point was totally out of the blue though, since we are talking about talent. We aren't saying that you have to like her because of it.

I still want to know how someone who doesn't even play an instrument can know for sure that they have more talent than a person who writes her own songs that basically tops all the lists.

The point I was trying to make was respecting the talent that these two people have because they both do, I wasnt saying the person had to like Gaga. :)

Oh and I like Chris Martin too :p

I actually did see her live (I was made to go...kicking and screaming, only there as a chaperone). Expecting to hate every second of the gig, with music that is really not my kinda thing...I came away thinking that it was a great "show" that had been put on, that she had alot of talent (very strong vocals) and was a really sweet lady who was very appreciative of her fans. Still not my type of music though...

This is the weirdest thread ever, I swear!

I will not deny that Lady Gaga is talented in everything that she does, but my main beef with her is is why does she have to be so "out there"? Why can't she just be recognised for her natural talent with out the shock factor? Theres no need to be that weird, and this is coming from someone who idolised Robert Smith and Siouxsie Sioux growing up in the early 80's. She is a pop star with music of the most generic dance music. She is almost a performance artist and not a singer so much. It takes a back seat to the whole spectacle of her. She is rag mag fodder. I wouldn't want to make my name that way. I can respect the talent, just not the artist and she gets shoved down peoples throats on a regular (minute) basis.

Also, she has been put on waaaaaayyyy to high of a pedestal and she will fall eventually. I thought Katy Perry would have run her course by now, but hey, people like their fluff so....Comparing her to Madonna, in my opinion is left to the future. Madonna didn't have to go to such lengths to get noticed (although she has done some wacky things in the past).

Anyway, I think this thread has run its course and, technically, should be closed as it is no longer relevant. The "we hate Muse" crew has run rampant in this thread and enough is enough. Muse isn't performing with Gaga and thats that. Move on!:D

This is the weirdest thread ever, I swear!

I will not deny that Lady Gaga is talented in everything that she does, but my main beef with her is is why does she have to be so "out there"? Why can't she just be recognised for her natural talent with out the shock factor? Theres no need to be that weird, and this is coming from someone who idolised Robert Smith and Siouxsie Sioux growing up in the early 80's. She is a pop star with music of the most generic dance music. She is almost a performance artist and not a singer so much. It takes a back seat to the whole spectacle of her. She is rag mag fodder. I wouldn't want to make my name that way. I can respect the talent, just not the artist and she gets shoved down peoples throats on a regular (minute) basis.

Also, she has been put on waaaaaayyyy to high of a pedestal and she will fall eventually. I thought Katy Perry would have run her course by now, but hey, people like their fluff so....Comparing her to Madonna, in my opinion is left to the future. Madonna didn't have to go to such lengths to get noticed (although she has done some wacky things in the past).

Anyway, I think this thread has run its course and, technically, should be closed as it is no longer relevant. The "we hate Muse" crew has run rampant in this thread and enough is enough. Muse isn't performing with Gaga and thats that. Move on!:D

Yeah I think it's annoying how much of a show she makes of herself. I mean fair play to her for putting on a show on stage, that's one thing (though I didn't think she was that great last night) but arriving in a giant egg. That's gross egotism! And it is irritating how everyone talks about her constantly for no other reason than her outlandish behaviour. That kind of thing is nothing to do with talent, I agree. But what I don't agree with is that Madonna didn't use the same methods. Though maybe not quite as extreme, the conical bra is one thing I remember.

It's lovely that Muse won a well deserved award, and hopefully it will contribute to their successful progression in America, but I do hate all celebrity worship and showoffy behaviour off the stage, which I think Lady Gaga buys into in a huge way. Stupid nobodies, arriving in huge limos and trying to make themselves stand out from all the other nobodys. That is what Lady Gaga was like once and though I still will not deny she has talent, I think that is the main way she has got herself noticed above many other talented people.

The more people talk about Lady Gaga's antics rather than the quality of her songs, the more her career will sink. At some point Gaga will run out of ideas on how to bring attention, and people will stop giving a fuck about her.

Her latest hit is nothing but 'Express Yourself 2'. It's been done already, so she better focus on originality rather than repeating what Madonna has done before. At this point Katy Perry has better chances of prolonging a successful career. At least she has nice tits to show.

Archived