Chris can do what he wants, I couldn't care less - why are people so rule abiding these days? A cigarette isn't going to do anything, whether he was told beforehand or not. A rock concert is a rock concert - you shouldn't go there expecting to just stand around and not get pushed around, if you do expecting everything to be fine and dandy, go in the seated section, not the standing - it shouldn't be ruined for everyone else. :)

So you'd like to see a law passed where throwing up in public places isn't allowed? :(

No, sorry but in australia "dropping your guts" is farting (this is a thread about an australian show so australian tearms are probably going to be used). It was bad and i never said to make it illegal, i was refering to what is socialy acceptable, not legally. It was vial. I was close to the stage and i didnt inhale any smoke so it wasnt offencive to me, where as being stock in a croud with some ones lingering fart is. Really is it worth trying to start a fight over this?

I don't know what they are defining moshing as, do they mean you can't jump around, or that you have to give everyone in GA personal space? That whole moshing has been banned in Australia thing is pretty confusing, it's cool at pretty much every venue/festival in Australia but at rod laver it's illegal? Bollocks. Dom encouraging us to mosh is no different then another band telling the crowd to loose it, just different wording :/

I don't know what they are defining moshing as, do they mean you can't jump around, or that you have to give everyone in GA personal space? That whole moshing has been banned in Australia thing is pretty confusing, it's cool at pretty much every venue/festival in Australia but at rod laver it's illegal? Bollocks. Dom encouraging us to mosh is no different then another band telling the crowd to loose it, just different wording :/

Yeah moshing is not illegal in Australia :LOL:

Even if it is (which I'm pretty sure it's not) that is a very badly enforced rule.

They don't give a shit about moshing about BDO, which is supposedly the reason this rule exists (according to one of those articles). The only thing they half heartedly try to stop is crowd surfing.

Ridiculous :LOL:

Yeah moshing is not illegal in Australia :LOL:

Even if it is (which I'm pretty sure it's not) that is a very badly enforced rule.

They don't give a shit about moshing about BDO, which is supposedly the reason this rule exists (according to one of those articles). The only thing they half heartedly try to stop is crowd surfing.

Ridiculous :LOL:

Yes well, from my experience the headline BDO mosh is very close to dying, it was fine earlier in the day but as soon as a band is labelled as headline people go mental, the worst part is that the shorter people have trouble breathing fresh air because it gets so humid. But I think there really needs to be procedure put in place for providing water though, the cup system at BDO was ridiculous.

Chris smoked on the first night at rodlaver as well and it didn't seem to worry anyone around me :p

Yes well, from my experience the headline BDO mosh is very close to dying, it was fine earlier in the day but as soon as a band is labelled as headline people go mental, the worst part is that the shorter people have trouble breathing fresh air because it gets so humid. But I think there really needs to be procedure put in place for providing water though, the cup system at BDO was ridiculous.

Chris smoked on the first night at rodlaver as well and it didn't seem to worry anyone around me :p

Hate to say it but most of us Aussies are hard-assed wanks who hate pretty much everything...

Plus security staff here are just rude and ignorant. ffs if Chris wants to smoke then let him, it's not like he got on stage and said "you should all smoke cause I do".

According to The Sun, Muse may be banned from playing in Australia for 5 years because of the smoking incident

I didn't think MUSE were the type.

The band - led by KATE HUDSON'S beau MATT BELLAMY - face legal action and a potential Australian ban after lighting up during a gig in Melbourne this week.

Officials at The Rod Laver Arena were angered when bassist Christopher Wolstenholme defied the smoking ban on numerous occasions

He reportedly tried to hide his puffing at first, lighting up for a few quick drags while dry ice smoke poured over the stadium.

But, it is claimed, Wolstenholme later freely inhaled in between songs.

Rod Laver spokeswoman Jo Juler said. "Officials spoke to the band before and after the show and we were extremely disappointed when they decided to flaunt our strict no-smoking policy.

"They are known as an anti-establishment style of performance group, but it was still sad that they decided to go ahead regardless."

Muse were also rapped for encouraging fans to "mosh out" -- in direct violation of security rules.

They now face a potential ban on appearing in Aussie venues for the next FIVE years.

Moshing is banned in Australia after the 2001 death of a young girl during The Big Day Out Festival when LIMP BIZKIT were on stage.

An Aussie gig promoter said: "These guys will never be allowed to perform again in Australia if they try it again.

"Doesn't matter how hot they are. The law is the law. Promoters won't get insurance for them-simple as that".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3300548/Muse-light-up-during-Australian-gig.html

The band - led by KATE HUDSON'S beau MATT BELLAMY
:facepalm:

The mention of a potential ban (if they don't play by the rules in future) seems to be related to the fact that they were encouraging fans to mosh when moshing is banned following the death of a young girl at a previous BDO. The smoking incident seems quite trivial compared to that.

Perhaps shes to blame.

??

The mention of a potential ban (if they don't play by the rules in future) seems to be related to the fact that they were encouraging fans to mosh when moshing is banned following the death of a young girl at a previous BDO. The smoking incident seems quite trivial compared to that.

If they knew about the incident I must say it was pretty immature to ecourage moshing...

A potential ban seem a bit extreme, but I do think it was a bit naughty for Dom to tell people to ignore the "no moshing" signs. That's just asking for trouble. That bothers me more than the smoking because the smoking doesn't have potential to hurt anyone or cause a scene.

Archived