The smoking on stage is possibly the only rock'n'roll thing Muse have left... :LOL:

I find it hilarious.

xactly

Plus there is so much hysteria going on because of smoking these days...

The rule itself is silly so I completely understand why Chris lit up...

Yes but security also refused to hand out water during Muse which should be illegal, if security don't want to do it, Rod Laver should hire some paramedics to do it!

Bastards :LOL:

Getting all high and mighty and whinging to the papers when they wouldn't even hand out water.

I'm still in disbelief about this water thing.

But yeah Chris probably shouldn't have smoked- whatever.

I read this this morning after seeing a little picture of Matt in the Herald Sun. I had a real ol' chuckle. I mean, it's a rock concert and people are going to mosh regardless of what the officials say or do. If people can't handle it and pass out, then whatever. But it shouldn't ruin it for everyone else. What else are we supposed to do, just stand there? In the words of Dominic himself "maybe no moshing at a tennis match, but a rock concert...that's fine!" :musesign:

+1

Fine,maybe he shouldn't have smoked but why make so much fuss about it,nobody died. :rolleyes:

^ agree.

Chris smoked at Acer as well. I was like "Oh, okay" but its not that big of a deal, he was completely separate from everybody else, and there wasn't any reason for the media to jump on it... meh.

As said previously the moment Chris lit up the rest of the smokers in the arena did and the security loses some of its authority cause 'olol but he (chris) does it too!'

Rod Laver spokeswoman Jo Juler said. "They are known as an anti-establishment style of performance group, but it was still sad that they decided to go ahead regardless."

Muse were also rapped for encouraging fans to "mosh out" -- in direct violation of security rules.

:LOL::LOL:

The smoking thing I can vaguely understand (even if he smoked in Sydney as someone said) but no moshing is ridiculous.

and half the crowd were probably lighting up as well.

Exactly - a small minority were probably smoking pot, it's just something you'd expect from a gig.

Meh, lots of musicians smoke on-stage. Chris just needs to...not be addicted :LOL:

I saw Chris smoking and even though I'm usually opposed to smoking I was just in awe "that is so rock 'n' roll". and then he stood with Dom and revolved on the platform and did Helsinki jam I was like that is awesome.

I didn't see anyone else light up, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they did. As for the encouraging moshing... rather that than a gig lacking energy or involvement from the crowd. It really got everyone at least standing up and rocking out. I seriously thought the signs were a joke, it is a mosh pit you're meant to mosh.

i think there is far worse things to inhale at a gig than second hand smoke from a person on a stage, well away from everyone and well above all that are near. Did i mention the filthy fucker that droped his guts near me. i have never been so discusted in all my life.:vomit::vomit: So there is no way that chris smoking was as bad as that.

i think there is far worse things to inhale at a gig than second hand smoke from a person on a stage, well away from everyone and well above all that are near. Did i mention the filthy fucker that droped his guts near me. i have never been so discusted in all my life.:vomit::vomit: So there is no way that chris smoking was as bad as that.

So you'd like to see a law passed where throwing up in public places isn't allowed?

Cigarettes only lead to harder substances, soon we'll be seeing Chris necking cans of Red Bull and rarely seen without a coffee is one hand. :(

Scandalous!

Whatever though, if I were Chris id be lighting up on stage too. Cause hes a Boss. :cool:

This.

I just thought the article was hilarious. I can see the three of them standing there with their heads down with a security guard giving them a "talking to" about the dangers of smoking and breaking the law. :chuckle:

I am still trying to figure out the "anti-establishment style of performance group" description. :LOL:

Thank you HeraldSun for making me smile.

Someone on the gig thread mentioned vomiting during UD. I asked him where he did it but he didn't answer. Might be the same guy.

I wonder if it's true that they could be banned from playing Australian gigs for 5 years :(

It's The Sun, so they'll just run whatever is the most headline grabbing.

Australia's different states have different variations on the smoking ban, so I'd imagine it'll be a fine plus a ban from that venue, potentially all venues in that state.

1st lesson in rock'n'roll isn't to go pissing off promoters & venue operators, as they won't have you back. Unless of course you're doing a Sex Pistols-esque self-implosion, then piss everyone off.

Cigarettes only lead to harder substances, soon we'll be seeing Chris necking cans of Red Bull and rarely seen without a coffee in one hand. :(

No Chris!! Think of the children! :LOL:

Apparently the news has reached the UK as well:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3300548/Muse-light-up-during-Australian-gig.html

I wonder if it's true that they could be banned from playing Australian gigs for 5 years :(

Jeez, they are acting as if he whipped out his dick and pissed on the audience! It was just a cigarette and some jumping up and down...

Archived