What's with Muse sharing future lineups with should-be-forgotten bands.

It makes sense to me. New album is supposed to be heavy. By playing at these festivals they will get exposure to a new market. The 50+ year old traditional heavy metal lovers with time and money to spend in a "new" band that will make them feel "younger". (I know that feeling. :p )

There will eventually be day tickets. Only Glastonbury can sell out without day tickets.

That's not entirely true, most big festivals in Germany never have to sell day tickets. Only this year Rock am Ring and it's twin festival Rock im Park didn't sell out (for the first time in years), so some weeks before the festivals there were day tickets. I'm sure it will be the same for Der Ring next year, but not at all sure for Munich and Vienna.

That's not entirely true, most big festivals in Germany never have to sell day tickets. Only this year Rock am Ring and it's twin festival Rock im Park didn't sell out (for the first time in years), so some weeks before the festivals there were day tickets. I'm sure it will be the same for Der Ring next year, but not at all sure for Munich and Vienna.

Thanks for the info. I was really thinking of UK festivals. I don't remember what tickets I got for the Frequency and Rock Im Park in 2010. I would not mind to get a full ticket just for myself, but 3 full tickets for Munich just to say muse, it is simply too much for me. So I will have to wait in hope.

Source?

Edit: Nevermind! Wooo!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=777450048979036

Edit 2: There's no festival here at that time, at least not one they'd play so I'd love to know wtf this is. Excitement has skyrocketed.

sorry was on my phone and couldnt get the link up.

id imagine itll be marlay park maybe around glastonbury/iow/sonisphere time depending which festival they are announced for

sorry was on my phone and couldnt get the link up.

id imagine itll be marlay park maybe around glastonbury/iow/sonisphere time depending which festival they are announced for

I know Slane Castle isn't exactly in Dublin but the festival is big so, if they did do a festival in Ireland, could that be a possibility?

I know Slane Castle isn't exactly in Dublin but the festival is big so, if they did do a festival in Ireland, could that be a possibility?

That Music Scene Ireland page seems pretty intent on the gig being in June and Slane is supposedly set for May 30th, although that's not actually confirmed to be even happening yet. Even if it was I don't think it would suit them tbh. A lot of people seem convinced that if Slane does happen it'll be AC/DC headlining.

Well if they play only heavy songs from previous albums and this new album is their heaviest yet then they would be a nice fit, but equally a poor setlist and it could be awful.

Surprising I know lots of metal fans (myself included) who love Muse so I think they would do pretty well there :D