Think it's possible that Muse will return to the US with the stadium set up later this year or next year? It's on the way to Australia and I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest over in the major markets (Los Angeles and New York City) to see Muse in a stadium.

I don't think so

Think it's possible that Muse will return to the US with the stadium set up later this year or next year? It's on the way to Australia and I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest over in the major markets (Los Angeles and New York City) to see Muse in a stadium.

There's a lot of America where Muse fail to fill arenas, and they have cancelled one NYC area show due to a 'scheduling conflict' - whatever that means - so I daresay they probably aren't stadium big for the USA.

But there's speculation they may come to US to do more gigs later this year. Which is something I guess.

There's a lot of America where Muse fail to fill arenas, and they have cancelled one NYC area show due to a 'scheduling conflict' - whatever that means - so I daresay they probably aren't stadium big for the USA.

But there's speculation they may come to US to do more gigs later this year. Which is something I guess.

U2 and pop shit are the only music groups that can fill a stadium in America.

I hope not. Stadium shows in the US aren't very fun IMO. I prefer more intimate settings. And the tour here is doing ok, but it's not really selling at a large enough level to justify a stadium show.

U2 and pop shit are the only music groups that can fill a stadium in America.

Springsteen?

Yeah it's more or less that - there's more likelihood of acts rising into stadiums here. Like Muse did.

They could certainly do stadiums in LA and NYC, but that's probably about it.

LA, maybe. NYC, probably not. But obviously if they're not selling out arenas then I dunno if they would go further with it.

Yes, some markets haven't done so hot this tour, but despite the Long Island gig being canceled (which is not "officially" due to sales), they are doing quite strong in NYC area, and just played to some ~60,000 people in Southern CA. Toronto is also doing quite well with two shows, the Chicago show tonight looks to be nearly sold out, Detroit was well attended, etc.

So if they only did 1 or 2 stadium shows in the US, and it was properly promoted with enough advance time for people across the country to get tickets/travel planned, they could definitely have success. But I don't think it would be worth it for them to bring over their European stage setup for just one show.

I could see them doing 1-2 stadium US gigs in the cities mentioned just because of the show-off factor, even if they barely break even with the transport etc expenses. I mean, it's like in 2007 in the UK, the whole "well, we're not that known/popular in the mainstream but let's book a stadium and show them", which was a runaway success for them. I can definitely see them wanting to pull something like that in the US to get the press and add the whole "headlined a stadium in the US" feather to their cap.

I have no means for estimating if they could sell out a stadium there, though. I mean, their strongest base in the States seems to be southern California with very impressive attendance numbers. However, one must take into account that many of those people attending Cali shows were repeat attendees, whereas in a one-off stadium date each person counts for exactly one ticket.

Maybe in 2014 if Panic Station takes off across formats in the radio and results in a notable sales increase?

Los Angeles Home Depot Center maybe? It's like 30,000+/- in capacity, they could definitely sell it out I think

Agreed, Muse would sell out the Home Depot (soon to be StubHub) Center. If they have a strong opening act, they might even be able to pull off a baseball stadium. Even with Rage they weren't able to sell out the LA Coliseum, so I think our football stadiums are too big.

Agreed, Muse would sell out the Home Depot (soon to be StubHub) Center. If they have a strong opening act, they might even be able to pull off a baseball stadium. Even with Rage they weren't able to sell out the LA Coliseum, so I think our football stadiums are too big.

The Coliseum seats 100k people..... Not fair to compare other football stadiums to that one.