It'll be similar times for lining up if you want to get barrier for stadiums or arenas. Last time I got to the venue at midday and just made barrier...

The Splendour rumours aren't true though. Muse are playing Helsinki on the Saturday of the Splendour weekend.

Really? I'm intrigued...

Has Splendour even set a date yet?

That could well just be South East Asia gigs though.

Talking of the stadiums, aren't Muse meant to be announcing Danish and Russian gigs?

Yeah it probably will be just South East Asia, quite a few bands tie in Australia after an Asia tour though as its more convenient and cost-effective.

IMO it doesn't look like Danish/Russian stadiums will happen directly after the Scandinavian stadium shows. Muse always have 2 weeks off between tours, that's their policy. And it's 2 weeks between the last show in Helsinki and Summer Sonic.

Really? I'm intrigued...

Has Splendour even set a date yet?

Yeah, and that was lining up for the Brisbane show too. I know people who lined up from 7am in Sydney...

Splendour hasn't set a date yet but since 2003 it has always on the last few days of July or the first few days of August, depending on what dates the Fri/Sat/Sun are. This year it'll be 26-28th July.

Yeah it probably will be just South East Asia, quite a few bands tie in Australia after an Asia tour though as its more convenient and cost-effective.

IMO it doesn't look like Danish/Russian stadiums will happen directly after the Scandinavian stadium shows. Muse always have 2 weeks off between tours, that's their policy. And it's 2 weeks between the last show in Helsinki and Summer Sonic.

Could be the Russia/Denmark(/Sweden) shows then, though it would make little sense to go out to Japan and then straight back to Europe. But yeah given places like Thailand, Singapore and Hong Kong are more or less on the way to Australia it'd make sense to group them together rather than do Japan and those few. Maybe that's what they're doing...

There's possibilities for other European shows though, as the Berlin and Brann shows have a five day break where a Danish show could go, then possibly a Swedish one in the five day break between Brann and Oslo and possibly then stick a Russian show after Helsinki to close the stadium leg. But I suppose it depends on the logistics of the damn thing.

Yeah, and that was lining up for the Brisbane show too. I know people who lined up from 7am in Sydney...

Splendour hasn't set a date yet but since 2003 it has always on the last few days of July or the first few days of August, depending on what dates the Fri/Sat/Sun are. This year it'll be 26-28th July.

I would not have the patience for that :LOL:

Okay, so chances are not good then. I won't rule it our until I hear otherwise, but I'm not gonna keep my hopes up either.

Seems too early for an end of year tour announcement. When do they usually announce who's playing for Splendour?

I agree it's too early; and it could be anyone from The Killers to the Arctic Monkeys to The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, they're all releasing new albums soon/have released albums recently.

If it was though .... well let's just say you would need earplugs in my house, due to the manic screaming and sobbing :LOL:

There's possibilities for other European shows though, as the Berlin and Brann shows have a five day break where a Danish show could go, then possibly a Swedish one in the five day break between Brann and Oslo and possibly then stick a Russian show after Helsinki to close the stadium leg. But I suppose it depends on the logistics of the damn thing.

Guys who met them in Tallinn reported that Muse have said they're coming to Russia right after Helsinki (fingers crossed, cause Muse don't always keep their promises). Your guess looks like the most realistic one.

That picture is The Killers...

The bass player and drummer do look like the ones who play those respective instruments for The Killers so I'm guessing it's them, but it could be wrong.

I know they're down there now for Big Day Out but there's no reason why they wouldn't come back for an arena tour later this year.

Guys who met them in Tallinn reported that Muse have said they're coming to Russia right after Helsinki (fingers crossed, cause Muse don't always keep their promises). Your guess looks like the most realistic one.

It's all guesswork but if Muse have told people it certainly tips the balance of a show happening and in that date area in it's favour.

Do we think this additional quintet are the last US shows being added?

Also, it's strange they have five shows in range of New York (six if you count Connecticut, which is the next state over) and none in some fairly big cities (Nashville, Atlanta, Denver, Salt Lake, Washington DC)

There's still a large gap from mid March - early April. It's probably too short notice to add anything in the other big gap in February at this point, but any of those cities you mentioned would be fair game, plus Philadelphia seems to be strangely missing, too. I haven't heard anything recently about Austin/SXSW but that wouldn't surprise me, either.

I think a return in the fall is probably out of the question though, unless there's some kind of a festival opportunity and they can work the few missing cities in at that point. They're already doing 37 shows, which is probably the longest consecutive stretch of shows in America that they've ever done.

Edited by halo eighteen

Yes, a Denver gig would be good I guess. But they can't tour everywhere, and also in Europe not every region got a gig

True, but they still got a good range. There's some gigantic holes in the US tour which is odd since there's also a bunch of dates clumped up in areas.

FireShot-Screen-Capture-006-Europe-and-US-Country-Size-Comparison-Map-How-Big-is-Europe-Compared-to-the-US_-goeurope_about_com_od_europeanmaps_l_bl-country-size-comparison-map_htm.jpg

How does that compare to the '10 US map? I feel like there were a lot of empty spaces there, too. That is sort of a deadzone for population density...

The random nature of show announcements is :LOL: though.

The midwest is usually left pretty empty every tour.