How does that compare to the '10 US map? I feel like there were a lot of empty spaces there, too. That is sort of a deadzone for population density...

The random nature of show announcements is :LOL: though.

There were two legs last time, but honestly not that much different.

8384113539_8707bda651_b.jpg

8385197588_74345e8800_b.jpg

It could suggest a brief return this fall for Atlanta, Nashville, Denver, Philadelphia, etc. if it is in fact too late to squeeze them in this spring.

It tends to happen for almost every band. Low population and low interest overall I guess. I forget some of those states even exist at times.

Muse tends to miss some states that have larger populations in the Midwest, though.

Not talking about Wyoming... talking more about Wisconsin and Iowa. A lot of bands hit those states.

Muse tends to miss some states that have larger populations in the Midwest, though.

Not talking about Wyoming... talking more about Wisconsin and Iowa. A lot of bands hit those states.

Yeah that does tend to happen.

I still assume they'll be coming back for another US leg later in the year though.

aaand this

xnONGtvO8oo.jpg

YESSYESSYESS! They're coming to Japan in July or something... and they have some free time after that, so maybe they'll come to australia for some sort of Warm-ish winter! It's annoying because they're going to europe TWICE for this album this year!

Think about it, most of us chek setlists religiously, I am sure weve all noticed how little Showbiz is played anymore. Now think about when ANOTHER album comes out. Its quite possible we wont hear any showbiz live for a very long time, unless they very rarely decide to pop out unintended or maybe cave. Unfortuantely the trend will ripple across with other albums

Origin of Symmetry still has about 3 or 4 songs on a setlist, but i would expect to see that number decrease. I doubt Plug in Baby will ever go away, but Feeling Good has now been seen to dissappear in and out of setlists, and with the reemrgence of ruled by secrey and USoE, plus matt said their new album will be more classical and low key, its quite possible feeling good will feel like a thing of the past. Newborn probably wont be played as often (it was switched out several times on this tour), and bliss, as rare as it is, will become even more rare.

Absolution will still have good recognition, Id imagine hysteria and time is running out will still be around, but even songs like stockholm syndrome may have trouble staying around consistently. butterflies and hurricanes will probably disappear for good.

Blackholes and Revelations will still have many songs, as it is still much more recent. Knights of Cydonia, Starlight, and Supermassive Black Hole will probably be staples to the setlist. Map of the Problematique (and to a lesser extent take a bow) will probably start being snubbed out more as well.

Resistance will obviously see the most holdover. Were likely to see all three of the singles plus USOE for a while (and though i cant figure out why, so will guiding light, but not unnatural selection or mk ultra.) that being said im still curious if theyll ever bust out all three exogenesis, something tells me they will

ALLLL this being said (and of course just all my opinion, feel free to share), what do you think we can expect in future setlists after their next album? matts been quoted as saying he wants smaller venue type music and possibly more classical sound (which is why i feel songs like stockholm, newborn, and motp would be swapped out in favor of lighter choices). What can Muse fans expect? how rare will showbiz and origin become? for this muser, hopefully not TOO rare

now that this tour is in full swing id like to revisit my prediction.

Showbiz- was actually far off. sunburn or falling down has been played at almost every gig

Origin- pretty dead on, bliss played more than i thought and newborn rotated

Absolution- close, but SS is permanent while hysteria is rotated

BHAR- spot on

Resistance- correct, except less USOE than i thought

in all, been a good tour so far. lets see how the US leg establishes itself especially with three LA gigs coming up now

E;9972736']Speculating about future stadium gigs in the US' date=' why not make the biggest impact possible? Beaver Stadium in University Park PA. The largest stadium in the US, and it is on a college campus.[/quote']

Muse don't even sell out arenas in the US, what's the point in performing to half-empty stadiums? :rolleyes:

Muse don't even sell out arenas in the US, what's the point in performing to half-empty stadiums? :rolleyes:

Speaking that the stadium is a walk away from a 100,000+ person campus and kids would go just cause its a concert. Happened to Rise Against who sold out the arena there because kids went for the hell of it...I know because I kinda just wrote a paper about it for PSU

YESSYESSYESS! They're coming to Japan in July or something... and they have some free time after that, so maybe they'll come to australia for some sort of Warm-ish winter! It's annoying because they're going to europe TWICE for this album this year!

I'm betting on them headlining Splendour In The Grass and doing sideshows, considering Summer Sonic is around the same time as SitG and both festivals usually share a few acts I wouldn't be surprised if they headline Splendour.