That's what I was saying a few pages back.. He had a hard

time last year and people are "poor Dom, poor Chris" (I'm very sad for them too) and

judging Matt, I really don't understand why :(

Seems like if something is wrong with Muse, and I think it's nothing wrong with them, is always Matt's fault :erm:

Agree with you. People act like if the other two had nothing to say at all.

Agree with you. People act like if the other two had nothing to say at all.

yeah :erm: Matt is the frontman, but I don't think he make decisions alone.. It's quite unfair blame him for everything like people are doing lately

This. Give the guy a fucking break. Apply the GL lyrics to the situation. He's starting over and trying to find in niche again in the world. Hopefully he won't crash and burn too badly.

Eh? :wtf:

I tell you what some people on here have a complete lack of insight. I don't know whether it's immaturity or what! :stunned:

I really didn't notice anything that odd either. So what if he showed up somewhere hungover and was shooting his mouth off about LA and Hudson? I don't see where the hate is coming from. Whatever happened to "Let him date who he wants" and "he's just having fun" and "it's his life he can do what he wants." Suddenly some people are so judgmental.

+1

I don't get what those who are having a go at Matt are on about.

Also, with regard to him not going in depth about his personal life in interviews, if that's the case, he's being wise. He probably knows it would end up getting discussed on this forum and, generally, Chris and Dom can do no wrong here but Matt gets a lot of slating, so I can see why he'd be cautious about what he says in interviews. He's not inhuman because of it.

Edited: due to terrible spelling and grammar

So basically what you're saying is Bellamy and Howard should say "Fuck Chris, it's not our fault he can't control his drinking, let's not bother with him, we'll just go off and do our own thing without him".

That's the wrong attitude to have, if you knew recovering addicts you'd know they need all the support they can get from family and friends. It's not about expecting it, it's about friends doing whatever they can to help out. I'm sure they would happily cut down on their own lifestyles if it's something that would help him out, otherwise they aren't being very good friends, are they?

No I'm not saying that but what I'm saying is that you can't expect them to be responsible for him. That is what people are saying, that just because Matt has spoken about a drinking session in this magazine, that is somehow selfish. Well sorry but it's not. He's not Chris's guardian.

Some of the comments on this thread have been totally out of order, particularly as none of us actually know them very well or their motivations.

+1

I don't get what those who are having a go at Matt are on about.

Also, with regard to Matt not going in depth about his personal life in interviews, if that's the case, he's being wise. He probabaly knows it would end up getting discussed on this forum and generally Chris and Dom can do no wrong here but Matt gets a lot of slating so I can see why he'd be cautious about what he says in interviews, he's not inhuman because of it.

Matt has been open in interviews. He's the most open of the three and receives the most focus. He's flippant sometimes. That doesn't mean he doesn't have anything going on underneath. I don't know why people don't get that. Tbh it seems pretty remarkable to me that people can listen to all the songs and think that he's an insensitive guy.

I really don't understand why Matt gets such a lot of grief from people on this forum. It's totally weird.

I'm sorry but if you lived with someone with a drink problem you'd understand more. They can't be responsible for him, it's very wearing. Bearing in mind it's probably gone on for years. He has to be responsible for himself and I very much doubt he expects his friends to curtail their lifestyles for him.

Also the others haven't got the same lives as Chris. They haven't got wives and children and it doesn't sound from their interviews that they are too happy with their situation at times. Why should they be denied their freedom because of what has happened to Chris?

Sorry that isn't on.

I agree. I seriously doubt Chris would want the others to alter their lifestyle because of his own battles. I know that if I were in his situation, I wouldn't. I never like feeling like others are changing their environment to suit me. I would much rather people carry on the way they normally would. Chris has had to distance himself anyway in some regard because he's a married man and all, if you know what I mean. And I'm sure Dom, Matt and Tom have been supportive of Chris through his struggle; I mean, why wouldn't they be? They're like brothers.

I agree. I seriously doubt Chris would want the others to alter their lifestyle because of his own battles. I know that if I were in his situation, I wouldn't. I never like feeling like others are changing their environment to suit me. I would much rather people carry on the way they normally would. Chris has had to distance himself anyway in some regard because he's a married man and all, if you know what I mean. And I'm sure Dom, Matt and Tom have been supportive of Chris through his struggle; I mean, why wouldn't they be? They're like brothers.

Exactly, and he even says that he doesn't want to drag the others to his situation. So, he's in the same opinion.

Meh.... after having slept on the issue (though, tbh, I dreamt about puppies eating shoes. :p) I dunno, I still think someone should bring Matt down to earth (maybe not as painfully as with a dart ;)). Now that I think about it, yeah, he's always been more indulgent and extreme than the other two, and only Chris (as far as we know) has any real obligation to someone other than himself, but it's never put me off before either. Just because what he's doing is understandable doesn't make it a good thing, that sort of thing. Whatever it is.

The whole "Matt's a twat for partying while Chris is out suffering" was definitely out of line, though... it's obviously not just him, and there's no way I can believe they're not supporting each other through their personal difficult times, being as close as they are. And it's not like this is their first time dealing with something difficult. That's why they're still here, and ultimately in the end, music is still the most important thing, regardless of what the hell is up with the rest of their lives.

Meh.... after having slept on the issue (though, tbh, I dreamt about puppies eating shoes. :p) I dunno, I still think someone should bring Matt down to earth (maybe not as painfully as with a dart ;)). Now that I think about it, yeah, he's always been more indulgent and extreme than the other two, and only Chris (as far as we know) has any real obligation to someone other than himself, but it's never put me off before either. Just because what he's doing is understandable doesn't make it a good thing, that sort of thing. Whatever it is.

The whole "Matt's a twat for partying while Chris is out suffering" was definitely out of line, though... it's obviously not just him, and there's no way I can believe they're not supporting each other through their personal difficult times, being as close as they are. And it's not like this is their first time dealing with something difficult. That's why they're still here, and ultimately in the end, music is still the most important thing, regardless of what the hell is up with the rest of their lives.

You couldn't have said any better

+1

This is probably one of the most heartfelt interviews I've ever read... Thanks for posting it.:happy:

I really didn't notice anything that odd either. So what if he showed up somewhere hungover and was shooting his mouth off about LA and Hudson? I don't see where the hate is coming from. Whatever happened to "Let him date who he wants" and "he's just having fun" and "it's his life he can do what he wants." Suddenly some people are so judgmental.

+ 1

According to that farmer interview he bought it in May, and they were in California/Mexico in late April, so I guess somewhere between there he decided farming was his true calling. :p

:chuckle: I was just referring to your use of the term "buying the farm"

'matt lost his guidinglite' <- brilliant tag :LOL:

:pimp:

Exactly, and he even says that he doesn't want to drag the others to his situation. So, he's in the same opinion.

Yeah, I was going to mention that too. Chris explicitly said in the interview that he didn't want to bring the others down, so I don't see why people are getting defensive on his behalf.

I think of it like myself, I'm not an alcoholic but a person who has no interest in drinking. People sometimes get weird about it but if a group is going out with the express purpose of getting drunk, I prefer to stay home. I don't expect them to change their plans and I'm not going to cry myself to sleep if they leave me out. I'm just not interested in it, so I'll do something else. It's all good :)

Of course Chris' situation is very different, but I don't think it's fair to judge the other guys for not swearing off drinking too....

This.

We know Matt has had a difficult time of things (he sounded to have a miserable end to 2009) but it does feel that since the release of The Resistance and Neutron Star, and the inflexible touring structures (though the pyramid seems to be breaking through that) that Matts been getting more of a bum deal on the boards.

Personally I go for the "let him date who he wants" option. He's still putting in good performances on stage, the stage shows seem to be getting more variety and he looks happier then he did last year. Leave him to it, I say.

basicly the music is the thing I'm interested in...but I wouldn't be very pleased if Matt or any other band member would become atentionwhorish diva filling yellow pages with scandals like dating new hot moviestar every week, doing drugs, getting arrested becouse of that...I hope it won't come to the point when scandals will be more important than music itself (example: Pete Doherty or Liam Gallagher)...sorry, this is not definition of being rock'n'roll star...ok maybe it is, but for me being a good musician means to make a good use of potentials some of them possess and keep it real at the same time and specially not get into this just becouse you want to live a 'real rock'n'roll' life...I'm not saying this is bad thing everyone wants to try this type of lifestyle but you can easily loose the plot:).

I agree and only care about the music but i have to say my consideration for Matt has really gone underground,

it's the first time i hear he's dating a twat rather than a clever italian psychologist LOL and it really changes my sense of him...and maybe explains the cheesy music we've had recently:LOL:

I didn't notice anything especially odd about the interview. Matt is being his usual 'shoot his mouth off' self. What is odd about that? :wtf: We have seen it in a million interviews before.

I get the feeling that they probably feel like this is their time and it would be a stupid not to enjoy it while it lasts (maybe a bit like their OoS days but on a much larger scale). And if Matt thinks he'd like to use the opportunity to soak in the LA sun a bit and party it up, well he has earned it and not to mention it's his life and he can do what the hell he wants with it. I just hope he makes good in his promise to get back and write a brilliant album.

The part that touched me most in the interview was about Dom and Glastonbury. It would be so heart-wrenching for him and his comment about not being able to hang around there after Saturday made all :supersad: Our thoughts are with you Dommeh!!

Archived