I was going to say something similar.... I think elements of his behavior (being flippant etc.) could be a defense mechanism, his way of dealing with (or, more like, not dealing with) his issues.

yeah :(

I agree in most cases, but this whole article is about their private lives. :chuckle:

I was about to say the same :chuckle: We're discussing the article ;)

tbh, he's been bothering me for months, this article is just another layer... I'm hoping whatever this phase is it's short. Even though... tbh, Matt often reminds me of an extreme version of myself. :shifty:

edit: and.... I've basically come to the conclusion that Matt's being a twat because he's letting the fame getting to his head. Someone throw a dart at him.

Recently, imo he's been coming across as a dick.

I think it's just a phase though and I'm sure he has his reasons.

A dart :LOL:

Recently, imo he's been coming across as a dick.

I think it's just a phase though and I'm sure he has his reasons.

A dart :LOL:

It's a phase, yes, but still an unlikeable phase. :LOL:

And I have no intention of discussing more than the article says. ;) even as I sound all whiney in the process.

ANYWAY... I think I've ranted enough for tonight... honestly, I really loved this article in its entirety, even if I'm a bit fixated on certain issues, and I'm REALLY FUCKING EXCITED to see the Television Suit. :LOL:

I agree in most cases, but this whole article is about their private lives. :chuckle:

Those serious issues might concern us fans because they could potentially affect the status of the band. Although so far, I think the guys have done a good job of keeping it together. I'd wish them strength to continue that. :)

I found the article amusing but found myself being very defencive of them all.

as far as matt goes, perhaps hes a little lost having become single after 7 years. thats most of his 20's and was probably a very stable influence on his life. so ease up hes just finding his way. we all go a bit nuts when life throws us a curveball. ive just been there myself. and dont forget he just talks crap anyway. avoiding the truth perhaps?

Dom you poor thing.

And chris good for you

clearly they all need a hug and to be told that everything is going to be ok.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Why's everyone loosing teh respect for Matt? Cause he's moving to LA and dating Kate Hudson? :wtf:

i'm not going to speak for other people in response to your question but here is what i honestly feel.

i want it to be about the music. the band has said in various interviews over the years that the music has to be good, stand on its own, and they want music to be what they are known for.

it really really feels like the focus is sliding away from that...and let's face it, matt's the one tipping the cart over the edge :p

yeah :(

I was about to say the same :chuckle: We're discussing the article ;)

it's not just discussing what's in an article...because tabloids print stuff they make up to sell papers...this is an article where the band members are talking about specific things and according to forum rules, i believe we're allowed to discuss their comments.

i'm not going to speak for other people in response to your question but here is what i honestly feel.

i want it to be about the music. the band has said in various interviews over the years that the music has to be good, stand on its own, and they want music to be what they are known for.

it really really feels like the focus is sliding away from that...and let's face it, matt's the one tipping the cart over the edge :p

it's not just discussing what's in an article...because tabloids print stuff they make up to sell papers...this is an article where the band members are talking about specific things and according to forum rules, i believe we're allowed to discuss their comments.

Agree.

And I remember an 2006 interview, he said that he hates papz. But now? Meh..

I was thinking the same thing. This isn't like the tabloid stuff that was popping up in here, this is coming straight from the guys.

I do think that people need to be careful/mindful of what they say so as to not push this thread into dangerous territory, but I haven't seen any comments in here that I think are near let alone crossing that line :)

Here's hoping it stays that way! (but knowing it probably won't :p)

I was thinking the same thing. This isn't like the tabloid stuff that was popping up in here, this is coming straight from the guys.

I do think that people need to be careful/mindful of what they say so as to not push this thread into dangerous territory, but I haven't seen any comments in here that I think are near let alone crossing that line :)

Here's hoping it stays that way! (but knowing it probably won't :p)

2 days before it has to be closed? :p

if matt wants to move to L.a or Ny is his life, what is the problem.? he can do with his life what he want it, if that's makes him happy. go ahead, what people are so annoying with this? let matt be matt. its not a big deal.

in the time it ended with his ex girlfriend, he looked very sad, now with this new relationship he seems very happy. you can see in the new interviews, in the rock am ring ones. he looks happy and funny, I had so much time without seeing him with joy., i think her makes matt happy.

if that makes him happy, I'll be happy for him. ;)

if matt wants to move to L.a or Ny is his life, what is the problem.? he can do with his life what he want it, if that's makes him happy. go ahead, what people are so annoying with this? let matt be matt. its not a big deal.

in the time it ended with his ex girlfriend, he looked very sad, now with this new relationship he seems very happy. you can see in the new interviews, in the rock am ring ones. he looks happy and funny, I had so much time without seeing him with joy., i think her makes matt happy.

if that makes him happy, I'll be happy for him. ;)

+1:D

In fairness to Matt, we don't know what he went through last year. It was obviously a pretty rough time for him, and he's probably just trying to find a way to deal with it. Plus he always seems to come across a little weirder in written interviews.

I think this interview took place before he bought the farm, if that's any consolation.

edit: Yeah, it did.

No, rock stars are supposed to date models and actresses - Matt's just doing his job. What alarmed me most of all was Chris describing the difficulty of battling addiction while the others are partying around him.

Other posts above have mentioned this - Tofu, for one. That he has to physically remove himself - that made me sad. I'm sure I've heard stories of other bands abstaining for the sake of one member.

I hope the Matt, Dom and the crew are supportive in other ways.

I'm sorry, but it's his job to date models and actresses? I agree with the other things you said, but just because he's a rock star, that doesn't mean he's supposed to do anything. He can do whatever he wants, and that's the point. He's dating who he wants to date, not just because she's an actress. That comment bugged me, but I'm done clearing that up.

In fairness to Matt, we don't know what he went through last year. It was obviously a pretty rough time for him, and he's probably just trying to find a way to deal with it. Plus he always seems to come across a little weirder in written interviews.

I think this interview took place before he bought the farm, if that's any consolation.

:chuckle: i sure hope so....

Archived