I agree and only care about the music but i have to say my consideration for Matt has really gone underground,

it's the first time i hear he's dating a twat rather than a clever italian psychologist LOL and it really changes my sense of him...and maybe explains the cheesy music we've had recently:LOL:

Okay I have tried to ignore this whole conversation but I have to make one comment "do you personally know her in order to make such a derogatory comment and call her names?"

Okay I have tried to ignore this whole conversation but I have to make one comment "do you personally know her in order to make such a derogatory comment and call her names?"

+1. It all comes down to knowing these people in real life, which most of us don't. And even so, no need to be calling other people names.

I always figured musicians, actors, models etc... they end up together because they kind of move in the same circles. It's like, if you are popular musician, where do you meet someone outside of your job or the entertainment business?

I hope Glastonbury goes okay for Dom and his family. Big hugs for him!

mate i am not calling anyone names!!! no reason to get heated about it :) I was just saying my perception and understanding of Matt has really changed, it maybe is my problem and NSC just adds to this

mate i am not calling anyone names!!! no reason to get heated about it :) I was just saying my perception and understanding of Matt has really changed, it maybe is my problem and NSC just adds to this

Sorry but for me calling someone a twat without any reasons is calling people names, unless of course you know her.

Sorry but for me calling someone a twat without any reasons is calling people names, unless of course you know her.

Ok:stunned: point taken.....I maybe over-reacted! i am still quite "under-impressed" though...

Plenty of people have called Matt names but I suppose that's okay! Anyway I agree that there's no need for name calling of anyone.

Also what is so wrong with NSC that it contributes to this kind of beef? People can like or not like a song but to use it as some kind of reason to judge Matt's character is really strange.

Though if it is a way of judging Matt, I would say it's all good, btw.

For once we agree! Totally weird.

:chuckle: Rare eh? But yea, very strange. From what I can gather a lot of people dislike that he's starting to get in the gossip mags etc. Tbh, I don't see why that would make anyone dislike him. It's his choice who he dates, and if he decides to date someone famous, then I'm sure he's well aware he may be photographed and talked about.

Why do all of you have such a problem with who Matt goes out with.

He is a human being. There is a thing called falling in love with someone. It doesnt matter what they do or who they are. If Matt likes her then he does.

Why can't you all just realise that you are here because you love Muse...you do not control Matt's life. Yes you can have your opinion but it's so childish its unreal!

And the winging about all the cheesy music. Does it matter? All other music that is around at the moment is the same old crap. At least Muse are trying to do something a bit different yeah? So man up and start thinking about why you are here.

Matt does what he wants. Muse can write whatever music they want and it will still be amazing.

;8082694']Why do all of you have such a problem with who Matt goes out with.

He is a human being. There is a thing called falling in love with someone. It doesnt matter what they do or who they are. If Matt likes her then he does.

Why can't you all just realise that you are here because you love Muse...you do not control Matt's life. Yes you can have your opinion but it's so childish its unreal!

And the winging about all the cheesy music. Does it matter? All other music that is around at the moment is the same old crap. At least Muse are trying to do something a bit different yeah? So man up and start thinking about why you are here.

Matt does what he wants. Muse can write whatever music they want and it will still be amazing.

I agree. But I've thought Matt's a bit of a twat for the longest time, so meh. Matt dating Kate...I could care less. Good for him, I guess.

Also, Muse can write shitty music. They aren't perfect.

I think of it like myself, I'm not an alcoholic but a person who has no interest in drinking. People sometimes get weird about it but if a group is going out with the express purpose of getting drunk, I prefer to stay home. I don't expect them to change their plans and I'm not going to cry myself to sleep if they leave me out. I'm just not interested in it, so I'll do something else. It's all good :)

Of course Chris' situation is very different, but I don't think it's fair to judge the other guys for not swearing off drinking too....

Once more Teh Duckeh speaks troofs :happy:

I don't drink anymore, and was raised in a family of drink/drug addicts.

Believe me,when you are sober, there is nothing more boring and frankly irritating than being surrounded by drinkers who think they are having a "brilliant" time and are being "hilarious". :rolleyes:

I wouldn't dream to presume how Chris thinks/feels, but I susupect there is a bit of this going on and maybe an element of self preservation...removing any possible temptations.:stunned:

Really good article though ..thanks for posting ..whoever it was ...soz its lost in a gazillion pages :D

I agree. But I've thought Matt's a bit of a twat for the longest time, so meh. Matt dating Kate...I could care less. Good for him, I guess.

Also, Muse can write shitty music. They aren't perfect.

God knows what you base your judgement on. :noey: Maybe he would think you a bit of twat too!

I don't agree with all the Matt bashing, or with the posters slagging off the bashers.

I think the concern many are trying to express is for the unity of the band. If Matt goes off in a different direction, and he is the heart of the band, it can lead to rifts.

I don't care about who he dates per se, only to the extent of how it affects the band. People who think it's ridiculous to question what anyone does in their personal life, in relation to the music they produce is being naive. All music is a bi-product of the artists' lives, loves, and experiences. so it is reasonable to worry about music when the circumstances could change dramatically. Many bands through out rock and roll history have gone down in flames as a direct result of personal goings on. I'm not saying that will happen to Muse, but we have to agree that it is fair to speculate, and analyze about their current circumstances vs the kind of music they will produce.

As many have said here, Matt is out of a long-term/marriage oriented relationship...and figuring out who he is and what is next. I just hope that path will lead to prosperity, both musically and personally for him.

Do any of you actually personally know Matt Bellamy? Do you go round his house for tea? Do you go for gentle strolls along the seaside with him?

OR....

Are you just judging him and believing the media. Its like youve all suddenly forgot how to think for yourselves.

Why dont you just consider the fact that the only way you judge him is from interviews and performing live. I hardly imagine that Matt goes about everywhere acting the way we see him because everyone would think he was nuts.

He is obviously a genuinley nice person else he would not have been engaged and be going out with Kate Hudson! He is after all a rock star so he is going to have a certain persona about him!

Very interesting article. Thank you for sposting :)

And as for Dom, Matt and Chris - they are normal human beings like we all are, with the same type pf problems and situations, which can happen to all of us. They also happen to be famous and be in a very succesfull band.

Now, think about how difficult it already is to go thorugh such things as mentioned (death of a relative, alcohol addiction, breaking up from a long-term relationship) and now that it's all being discussed by thousands of people - it makes it even harder to deal with it.

So, please stop being so judgemental (espacially about Matt's recent behaviour), because he just seems to be lost and what he does is the way of dealing with the problems. He would probably do exactly the same thing if he wasn't famous, but it wouldn't be so widely commented.

What I'm trying to say is that it's hard enough to be in the spot light all the time and also try to get your private life sorted, so all these harsh comments are not necessary. Most of us probably wouldn't like to be judged like that.

Anyway, I might be wrong. It's just my opinion. :)

;8082841']Do any of you actually personally know Matt Bellamy? Do you go round his house for tea? Do you go for gentle strolls along the seaside with him?

OR....

Are you just judging him and believing the media. Its like youve all suddenly forgot how to think for yourselves.

Why dont you just consider the fact that the only way you judge him is from interviews and performing live. I hardly imagine that Matt goes about everywhere acting the way we see him because everyone would think he was nuts.

He is obviously a genuinley nice person else he would not have been engaged and be going out with Kate Hudson! He is after all a rock star so he is going to have a certain persona about him!

And who says I'm not thinking for myself?

Listen. I'm sure in person Matt is a genuinely nice bloke. I said 'bit' of a twat because sometimes he acts like one IMO. But, a very large portion of him is probably a great person.

Maybe I should just shut up because if recent events prove anything then I'm not good at voicing my opinion and I just end up making everyone mad at me.

Archived