I got the paper yesterday almost by accident- cause of football:LOL:. Normally I buy only the Sunday Times.

Anyways, I was flicking through the Magazine absentmindedly and all of a sudden WOW!!! on page 20->>> MUSE!!!:musesign:

Very good article indeed! Although it could have given more info about MUSE's huge international success and following.

Strange thing is that Muse.mu was silent about this…..

PS

Congratulations to Matt- he's got a new girlfriend!!! :p

Enjoy the sunny LA!!!!:dance:

PPS

I agree and only care about the music but i have to say my consideration for Matt has really gone underground, it's the first time i hear he's dating a twat rather than a clever italian psychologist LOL and it really changes my sense of him...and maybe explains the cheesy music we've had recently:LOL:

Thanks, Nadi for enriching my English vocabulary. I've never heard word TWAT before although I have been living in England for 13 years. Now I know what it stands for.....:mad:

Once more Teh Duckeh speaks troofs :happy:

I don't drink anymore, and was raised in a family of drink/drug addicts.

Believe me,when you are sober, there is nothing more boring and frankly irritating than being surrounded by drinkers who think they are having a "brilliant" time and are being "hilarious". :rolleyes:

You and me need to hang around together :chuckle:

I think people forget too easily all the nice gestures, nice things Matt has said regarding fans. He comes over as a very kind and understanding person to me and is someone who makes a huge contribution to the success of this band.

If people are judging him on a couple of recent photos in the media, they are judging him on something that is nothing to do with them and the background to which they know nothing about so give him a bit of slack.

If there are quibbles with Muse's direction or the music, just remember that there three members of the band and all contribute to that.

Bloody hell, he really shouldn't need defending. This is ridiculous. When you have all conducted the kind of career he has and become hugely successful musicians then maybe you will have a platform high enough from which to criticise his behaviour!

Nobody on here knows Matt really well, a few people have met him of course. None of us are therefore able to form a valid opinion about what he is like and the nature of his realtionship with Kate Hudson and his ex.

The opinion we can draw is of his musical talent, the way he performs and in some respects the way he acts in some interviews (for instance we could say whether he looks like hes happy from the way he behaves in an interview).

Its obvious that he was feeling quite sad after splitting up with his ex, but how do we know what happened and if hes 'lost'. You cant say whether he is a twat. Hes in his thirties for god sake, of course hes gnna change how he acts you cant expect him to just be a 20 year old for the rest of his life!

Hes a god damn rock star. He gets to do what he loves all the time. Do you expect him to act like hes doing an office job? Why dont you just come on here have a little chat about whats going on in his life, but dont start saying hes a twat and everything yeah?

YOUR MUSE FANS. Its like you all come on here and try and destroy them for god sake. Why dont you just celebrate them more. What other band on this planet thinks right....

Were not just gnna have stage...were gonna have a pyramid with an eye on the top and loads of screens. And Matt, wear this suit, its got lights and shit on it. Oh and how about we go an play in the middle of the crowd?

This is music were talking about, if you want to read about gossip go and read Hello and Heat.

Lol at all the arguing about poor Matt! :rolleyes: What I now find shocking is this bit of the article:

If you find Radiohead too cool, Coldplay too soppy and U2 a bit past it, then Muse are the stadium band for you. They are Queen meets Abba, flamboyantly cod-operatic and absurdly melodic, and so unfashionable that they are, after years of outsider status, strangely fashionable.

Abba?! Would someone expecting Queen meets Abba be getting what they bargained for? I know people think NSC is cheesy but it's hardly Chiquitita!:LOL:

I read this yesterday on the tube going up to Wembley. Someone left it on their seat when they got off, so I picked it up and had a read.

Interesting article, I thought. Decent interview.

How the hell has it created beef, ffs? :LOL: Some people have way too much time on their hands.

Lol at all the arguing about poor Matt! :rolleyes: What I now find shocking is this bit of the article:

Abba?! Would someone expecting Queen meets Abba be getting what they bargained for? I know people think NSC is cheesy but it's hardly Chiquitita!:LOL:

I love Abba :D*hides*:$

;8082983']Nobody on here knows Matt really well, a few people have met him of course. None of us are therefore able to form a valid opinion about what he is like and the nature of his realtionship with Kate Hudson and his ex.

The opinion we can draw is of his musical talent, the way he performs and in some respects the way he acts in some interviews (for instance we could say whether he looks like hes happy from the way he behaves in an interview).

Its obvious that he was feeling quite sad after splitting up with his ex, but how do we know what happened and if hes 'lost'. You cant say whether he is a twat. Hes in his thirties for god sake, of course hes gnna change how he acts you cant expect him to just be a 20 year old for the rest of his life!

Hes a god damn rock star. He gets to do what he loves all the time. Do you expect him to act like hes doing an office job? Why dont you just come on here have a little chat about whats going on in his life, but dont start saying hes a twat and everything yeah?

YOUR MUSE FANS. Its like you all come on here and try and destroy them for god sake. Why dont you just celebrate them more. What other band on this planet thinks right....

Were not just gnna have stage...were gonna have a pyramid with an eye on the top and loads of screens. And Matt, wear this suit, its got lights and shit on it. Oh and how about we go an play in the middle of the crowd?

This is music were talking about, if you want to read about gossip go and read Hello and Heat.

*headdesk*

I SAID BIT! BIT!

I hardly ever say negative things about Muse. Even when setlists are somewhat meh I still think they're great because I know that the people attending the gigs are having the time of their lives.

I think they are one of the best bands of our time, both on CD and live. I've never met Matt and I know that I probably never will. I probably was blowing my head of a bit with the 'twat' thing, and you're right. I said myself he was probably a nice bloke in real life. I've seen the fan videos of him meeting them. I've heard the stories that people have told about meeting them, and they sound excellent. And I do see why he's a bit down, getting out of such a big relationship with Gaia. And if he's with Kate? Great for him! He's happy, that's all that matters.

When I said the twat part it was because from the interviews I've read, sometimes he comes of a bit meh. But, for the most part, he does seem like a good person.

Maybe I should just shut up. I'm sorry, alright? You're right.

Jeez, I feel bad for making this such a beefy situation. God, I feel terrible right now. I'm sorry.

Plenty of people have called Matt names but I suppose that's okay! Anyway I agree that there's no need for name calling of anyone.

Also what is so wrong with NSC that it contributes to this kind of beef? People can like or not like a song but to use it as some kind of reason to judge Matt's character is really strange.

Though if it is a way of judging Matt, I would say it's all good, btw.

i didn't call Matt names :( i just said i felt it was a shame he split up with his nice italian fiancee to go out with some actress:LOL:

anyway i am going to stop it here!

*headdesk*

Jeez, I feel bad for making this such a beefy situation. God, I feel terrible right now. I'm sorry.

Don't feel bad:(, we all say things we wish we hadn't, I just don't think people should judge his character on interviews when really we don't know what hes like, or feeling, I really don't see whats so bad in this interview anyway. A lot of people on here seem to be really harsh on him, more so than Chris and Dom, it's very strange:confused:

i didn't call Matt names :( i just said i felt it was a shame he split up with his nice italian fiancee to go out with some actress:LOL:

anyway i am going to stop it here!

He didn't split up with her. She left him. It had nothing to do with KH:rolleyes:.

I agree with those saying that Abba is awesome. I'd rather listen to Abba than most of Queen, any day. [/suicidal board comment] :D

;8082841'

He is obviously a genuinley nice person else he would not have been engaged and be going out with Kate Hudson! He is after all a rock star so he is going to have a certain persona about him!

Thanks for the LOLZ:LOL:

Seriously though, the thing that annoys me most is posters slagging of a woman-any woman- they don't know at all, for dating a handful of people they've heard of, one of which she was married to for years and actually has a kid with. A century of women's lib gone down the plughole, why don't you just go and burn her at the stake while you're at it? You never see a man getting this sort of 'treatment' :rolleyes:

Criticize her for her acting or the plastic if you want, but she has every right to date who she wants and not being slagged of for it.

As for Matt - he's hardly in the same 'league' as Ron Wood dating someone 41 years his younger. Then again, give it a few decades :p;)

I got the paper yesterday almost by accident- cause of football:LOL:. Normally I buy only the Sunday Times.

Anyways, I was flicking through the Magazine absentmindedly and all of a sudden: Very good article indeed! Although it could have given more info about MUSE's huge international success and following.

Strange thing is that Muse.mu was silent about this…..

Perhaps the management thought it was a bit too 'candid' for their liking. :)

Don't feel bad:(, we all say things we wish we hadn't, I just don't think people should judge his character on interviews when really we don't know what hes like, or feeling, I really don't see whats so bad in this interview anyway. A lot of people on here seem to be really harsh on him, more so than Chris and Dom, it's very strange:confused:

Ya, I probably shouldn't have in the first place :(

Thanks though. :)

I´m just a bit sad cause matt was at least one rock star who had a normal relationship with a normal girl, without all this gossip shit and the model/actress cliches..she seemed to keep him grounded, and now he seems to go in the other direction, but as long as he is happy everything is fine, we all "know" that..;)

thia is exactly what I meant, i love the boys and their music is great (apart from NSC ;) )

but i feel what i really liked is their "down-to-earth-ness" whcih i now feel has gone...if they start behaving like everyone else in showbiz........ it's not about a specific actress/model/singer, they can date whoever they like as long as it doesn't affect their music

it's about this sense of Matt being a "normal next-door guy" that i now feel is gone. i still respect them all as musicians :D

I'm not saying this to anyone in particular and I don't know the forum rules that well but I reckon no-one should be speculating about what effect Matt's dating Kate might have on him/ the band/the music. It's all to easy to cross beyond the facts stated in the article. You could be in for a telling off from the Mods if you do (judging by the numerous threads they have closed recently). Just a friendly word of warning, hope I'm not out of line saying this :)

Aye Matt...... "Mirrors on the ceiling, pink champagne on ice...we are all just prisoners here, of our own device.....Welcome to the Hotel California! ..You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!" ha ha! :chuckle: /70's rock song lyrics :p

but yeah......just remember that all that glitters is not gold, including you. Welcome to the dark side where the sun shines bright as the ground shifts underneath you....see if you can keep up! ;):p

One thing about this is, yet again, the spotlight is on Matt. It's quite insulting to Dom and Chris really who have spoken about important issues in their lives. I'm not saying that any issues relating to Matt aren't important, of course they are, but I don't think he'd want to be the focus of an article in which his friends have talked about difficult things they have had to deal with, hence his part of the interview was pretty light hearted, apart of course from the bit about what happened in Ireland.

Agreed. And I found it VERY interesting that Matt chuckled when he said that Kate "sent her plane for him" and off he went to New York - remember, although Muse have been massive in other parts of the world, they're just getting massive here in the States, and my guess is that this is the first time in his life he's been able to experience really serious American fame, and so he's going to play that game for a little while just to see what it's like before returning to his real self. That chuckle seemed to say to me "I know this is all ridiculous, it's ludicrous, but why not try it out for a few months just for a lark." I know I have read several interviews with him where he says he wants to experience everything that life has to offer - and I think this is just one more experience that he wants to have first-hand. In so many ways, he's a typical Gemini that wants to have a massive range of experiences, but that desire isn't based upon any emotional attachment to the experience - it's just one more thing to do for a little while. But very, very few people totally change at the age of 32, and I firmly suspect that within a few months, this will all have changed and he'll be back to his old, genuine self that cared about his music and his fans and not jet-setting and experiencing the lark of having an American actress make herself accessable to him to the point where she has.

I don't want to get into anything too personal as I would not like to see this thread closed [although I thought that discussions were fair game if they resulted from information put out in the public domain], but if you really pay attention, you can see pretty clearly why I and many others have this whole theory of this just being a lark on his part, a desire to have an experience for the hell of it. Other than his mention of her insisting that she fly him to New York, all of the public appearances they've made together have happened because she's flown herself to see him and not vice versa. And observe the body language in photographs - in every photo, he's got the hand that's next to the side of him that she's on firmly jammed into his pocket. I am a psychologist who has necessarily studied a great deal about body language due to my profession, and this particular gesture is an incredibly strong indication of giving the other person the message to maintain an emotional and physical distance - in fact, it's second only to the famous arms-folded-tightly-across-the-chest posture in giving the message that there are boundaries that are not to be crossed.

Thanks, twistygirl7206,

This explains everything!!!:$

One thing about this is, yet again, the spotlight is on Matt. It's quite insulting to Dom and Chris really who have spoken about important issues in their lives. I'm not saying that any issues relating to Matt aren't important, of course they are, but I don't think he'd want to be the focus of an article in which his friends have talked about difficult things they have had to deal with, hence his part of the interview was pretty light hearted, apart of course from the bit about what happened in Ireland.

Too true. Poor Chris. Now I think the lols thread will quieten down with the beer jokes for a while. It must be hard for him to admit that and to such a big paper and its not something that goes away. His has one very loving wife.

Dom as well talking about his dad made me well up. Bloody hell. The poor guy must be bricking it for Glasto, no need though Dom, you'll be awesome as always.

But yeah, teary eyed. I lost my Dad suddenly five years ago in a bike accident. Talking about Motorbikes etc etc gets me all wobbly so this man deserves some talk time...and a hug....Go on PDTers get in there. Ha

So lets all shut up about Matts love life (who gives one hes happy and lets face it it won;t be us..ha) and concentrate on the actual important part of this article please.

Too true. Poor Chris. Now I think the lols thread will quieten down with the beer jokes for a while. It must be hard for him to admit that and to such a big paper and its not something that goes away. His has one very loving wife.

Dom as well talking about his dad made me well up. Bloody hell. The poor guy must be bricking it for Glasto, no need though Dom, you'll be awesome as always.

But yeah, teary eyed. I lost my Dad suddenly five years ago in a bike accident. Talking about Motorbikes etc etc gets me all wobbly so this man deserves some talk time...and a hug....Go on PDTers get in there. Ha

So lets all shut up about Matts love life (who gives one hes happy and lets face it it won;t be us..ha) and concentrate on the actual important part of this article please.

Thank you both.

Archived