:LOL: Let's hope so. I predict a triple album with experimental glam-rock and industrial acid jazz, with 14 minute Rachmaninoff-esque interludes. That would just be the first disc. :LOL: The second would be 12 30 second tracks that are spoken-word backed with funk music. And the third disc will be the awesome OoS-esque Muse everyone's been wanting.

:chuckle: That photoshop will soon turn up now that you've mentioned it.

We can dream :LOL:

Maybe he'll remix Showbiz with the new perspective :chuckle:

I'd be happy just with the industrial acid jazz, but whatever floats his boat.

I hope it does, it probably has already been done though somewhere along the line.

That was actually rather sad in places, what with Dom's dad and Chris' alcoholism. Now I see that all those "Chris and beer" meme joke things we did were in pretty bad taste... then again, we didn't really know the truth, we just thought he really liked beer :p

I sympathize with him on the whole being left out thing. I'm the same way. I don't drink, never have, and it leads to me feeling left out sometimes...

Great interview, cheers for posting.

We can dream :LOL:

Maybe he'll remix Showbiz with the new perspective :chuckle:

I'd be happy just with the industrial acid jazz, but whatever floats his boat.

I hope it does, it probably has already been done though somewhere along the line.

I'm willing to bet money that's how it'll be. :LOL: I'd be interested to hear the funk. :LOL:

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was already in LOLZ thread

I haven't lost respect for Matt. I don't think you can judge him on the strength of an newspaper article. I'm not saying the article isn't accurate but it can't tell you everything that goes on and the band probably wouldn't still be together if they weren't there for each other and considerate of each other.

Matt and Dom don't have to avoid partying just because Chris does and I'm sure Chris wouldn't remotely want or expect them to. Also, Matt has to be under a lot of pressure being the frontman of the band in an industry where looks are regarded as so important.

The first para of the article is pretty harsh on his appearance. How often does he have to deal with that kind of stuff? It'd drive some people to a breakdown. I say good on him for focussing on the positives and enjoying life regardless of the downsides of his industry.:)

I haven't lost respect for Matt. I don't think you can judge him on the strength of an newspaper article. I'm not saying the article isn't accurate but it can't tell you everything that goes on and the band probably wouldn't still be together if they weren't there for each other and considerate of each other.

Matt and Dom don't have to avoid partying just because Chris does and I'm sure Chris wouldn't remotely want or expect them to. Also, Matt has to be under a lot of pressure being the frontman of the band in an industry where looks are regarded as so important.

The first para of the article is pretty harsh on his appearance. How often does he have to deal with that kind of stuff? It'd drive some people to a breakdown. I say good on him for focussing on the positives and enjoying life regardless of the downsides of his industry.:)

I didn't see it like that! It's more the comparison between the normal Matt, that looks like every other guy and his rockstar persona on stage which are two completely different things.

I didn't see it like that! It's more the comparison between the normal Matt, that looks like every other guy and his rockstar persona on stage which are two completely different things.

That's probably the intention but it still isn't very flattering. I'm not saying journalists shouldn't say those kind of things, I'm just saying it may not be very pleasant to read them about yourself and good on you if you don't let it get you down.

Matt has been talking a lot about his personal life lately...I remember how he tried very hard to avoid that in old interviews - a radio interview came across my mind, you know that one when he said muse took My Chemical Romance to a high level:) - I've just remembered how he tried to avoid admiting that he was actually engaged (I personally don't see any big deal in admiting that in public)...now he's talking almoust everytime he gets a chance how he was left by a woman he loved and on the other hand he wants to show how he 'moved' on...this is just a well known pattern of defensive behaviour of a person who's been hurt and from that perspective it's understandable he acts that way...I just hope his ex doesn't read all this stuff and I really hope she found the way to be strong and ignore it becouse it can be really stressful believe me:(

and again I'm suprised how both Dom and Chris opened about their personal issues...very very personal article indeed.

but in the end as I'm always saying...the music matters only:yesey:

Thanks for posting, that's the first Muse interview I've read in years from which I've actually learnt something new!

As for Matt smoking, drinking and getting a bit of leg-over........disgraceful and not at all what 'normal' men would do:phu: :rolleyes:

Why Chris would give such things to the press, I wonder.

This :yesey:

Now I understand why the mods want to keep the private lives of Muse to a minimum on here.

Good for Chris tackling his alcoholism, for the sake of his family he needed to do this.

Matt, well, I'm sure he's supporting Chris, but you can't expect him to be with him 24/7 and I doubt Matt and/or Dom actually drink around Chris so really I think Matt's getting undeserved :srsb33f:

Matthew its not LA or NY you want to move to its ROSWELL

http://www.spacealieninvasion.com/images/roswell_map.jpg yes i know they never come on here but just to help his sense of location to find the plot

Your looking in the wrong places. And this interview has given me a whole new perspective on muse and hell i never knew chris had his trouble, Dom i can understand how he is upset.

And Matt is just being Mat i suppose. Get the pun Matt the mat

Archived