I rarely listened to it on the album until they released it as a single, I kept hearing it on the radio and quite liked the video as it always reminds me of the Professor Bubbleworks ride at Chessington! :LOL: From then I started to really like it, its an ok song once you get over its cheesiness...

Guest Chizzleface

Best bit about invincible is the orgasming dalek (Bellamy's hammering solo). And they cut that bit out of the radio edit. Spastics.

Best bit about invincible is the orgasming dalek (Bellamy's hammering solo). And they cut that bit out of the radio edit. Spastics.

You sure about that? I heard it on Radio 1 in the daytime at sixth form when it was a single and they kept it in.

Basically, I absolutely HATE the studio version. It's hideous, corny, vomit-enducing nonsense.

Live though, it's fantastic. Absolutely unbelievable at Wembley.

I quite agree. I feel the same, when I heard it in Arras in live, I was really impressed, this is a live song. The studio doesn't give the dimension, the aura!:)

Guest Chizzleface
You sure about that? I heard it on Radio 1 in the daytime at sixth form when it was a single and they kept it in.

Blimey, when they played it on Virgin after it had been released they'd cut it out and it ruined it completely :(

• 2 weeks later...
I was shocked, being new to the boards, when I read all of these Invincible bashings:eek:

It may not be a "rocky" song, but it makes you want to get up and kick some arse.

Me too! Well...maybe "kick some arse" isn't the right way of putting it...but at any rate, I actually feel like trying! :)

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's in my top ten, but I really like it. Especially the part where it kicks up a notch or two, near the end (yeah, there's probably a much better way of describing this, but I'm not particularly musical. Yet, anyway). It's very good, and I can't understand why it gets so much hate.

Anyway, Blackout is by far the worst album song, in my opinion. Just bleh. Not as bad as Nishe though.

But, yeah, Invincible is an absolutely fine song.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's in my top ten, but I really like it. Especially the part where it kicks up a notch or two, near the end (yeah, there's probably a much better way of describing this, but I'm not particularly musical. Yet, anyway). It's very good, and I can't understand why it gets so much hate.

Anyway, Blackout is by far the worst album song, in my opinion. Just bleh. Not as bad as Nishe though.

But, yeah, Invincible is an absolutely fine song.

Seconded,

Invincible starts slow and may feel a bit boring in the beginning, but near the end it gets fantastic.

Blackout is nice, but I like Invincible more.

Invincible's intro (up to the line "Do it on your own...") is so cheesy, so annoying. It only gets good when Dom introduced his little drumstick clicky part as said.

but the rest of the song is fine. the solo bass breakdown is class and the solo rocks. overall this makes it an alright song, I'd rather listen to others.

Archived