i think its mainly because it's not as 'rocky'

This sums up the general hatred for it probably.

The same people who dislike songs like Soldier's Poem, Falling Away With You, Unintended etc. I guess.

Personally I absolutely love this song now; the only criticism I have for it is its clumpy change between moods on each verse, but I don't even notice those anymore

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ienhU2senlc - this is my favourite version, the extra introduction is amazing

I think it's just that it's a really cheesy, slightly poppy even song. A lot of hardcore Musers would state OoS as their favourite album, and a lot of BHAR is done in a much more simplistic style. Unfortunately, you do begin to hear bits and pieces of Muse songs which sound like other bands (Starlight and Invincible), so this is probably why they don't like it.

Myself, I don't hate it but I wouldn't listen to the studio recording as it's boring. I'm an OoS/Absolution person myself. That said, I do like MotP a helluva lot. I hope the new album (or whatever it is) is more like that song.

This is probably an extremely n00b-y question, but out of curiosity, why does everyone seem to hate "Invincible" so much? True, it's not my favorite, but I liked it well enough...so just give me your input, if you don't mind. :)

Where do I start?

Dull, boring, unimaginative, cheesy, lyrically retarded, a huge disappointment and, for a band on their fourth album, an awful attempt at a song.

Where do I start?

Dull, boring, unimaginative, cheesy, lyrically retarded, a huge disappointment and, for a band on their fourth album, an awful attempt at a song.

Max speaks sense :yesey:

You say you wander your own land

But when I think about it

I don't see how you can

You're aching, you're breaking

And I can see the pain in your eyes

Since everybody's changing

And I don't know why.

So little time

Try to understand that I'm

Trying to make a move just to stay in the game

I try to stay awake and remember my name

But everybody's changing

And I don't feel the same.

You're gone from here

Soon you will disappear

Fading into beautiful light

'cause everybody's changing

And I don't feel right.

So little time

But everybody's changing

And I don't feel the same.

So little time

And tonight we can truly say

Together we're invincible.

I actually love invincible, sorry.

i think its mainly because it's not as 'rocky' or inventive as their other stuff..

plus its not harping on about aliens and the like

its a tune though.

especially the haarp version.

Well, I thought so too, but I liked it nontheless. It was...inspiring. TTuTT

I think a lot of people think the lyrics are a bit...lame. But I don't see how they're any more so than B&H.

I like it. (And I like B&H too I should add)

You've got a good point there. Although I did like the melody of Butterflies and Hurricanes more.

I'm not a huge fan of Invincible on the album, I usually skip past it but I absolutley love it live! Its an amazing song live and its a shame they couldn't capture that feeling on the album. Yeah alot of people seem to bag it out on the board but there are alot of people who love it as well as heard on the HAARP DVD with thousands of peopel singing along!

I have to be honest, I didn't even notice Invincible on the album, however many times I listened to the whole album over and over.. when I went to see them live for the first time, I still didn't "know" it.. but when I DID see it live, it completely knocked it out.

I don't think it was only the song itself, but also the film displayed on the screens that made the effect even bigger and more surreal, and made the song stand out so much.. and it has been one of my absolute favourites ever since :)

Archived