Look, lets just get to the point here, Invincible is just a good song, not brilliant or great, just good. Theres nothing wrong with the lyrics. I really can't understand why people seem to dispise Starlight and Invincible they are both good songs, but not among their best. Leave them alone!

Look, let's get to the point here. Invincible is a bad song, not brilliant or even average, just bad. The lyrics are poor, with clichy theme coupled with rhymes (right - alright for example) that make the "message" seem even more tedious. I really can't understand why people seem to adore Starlight or Invincible. They are both bad songs. Leave them unlistened!

Look, let's get to the point here. Invincible is a bad song, not brilliant or even average, just bad. The lyrics are poor, with clichy theme coupled with rhymes (right - alright for example) that make the "message" seem even more tedious. I really can't understand why people seem to adore Starlight or Invincible. They are both bad songs. Leave them unlistened!

*sigh, slaps and runs away*

Understand why people like the older stuff best, my favourite albums are OOS and Absolution but Invincible is imo a real feel good song with a really comforting message. I think it's great when artists try different styles. I wouldn't want Muse to lose their old rawness for ever though, love the more rocky stuff. Don't think they should feel constricted into one style though or be restricted into being radio friendly.I personally don't think the tracks that are played endlessly on the radio really do them full justice, in the context of the album - yes, but not as solitary tracks. Did I hear somewhere that they were going with a different producer or something next time to give them more say?

Understand why people like the older stuff best, my favourite albums are OOS and Absolution but Invincible is imo a real feel good song with a really comforting message. I think it's great when artists try different styles. I wouldn't want Muse to lose their old rawness for ever though, love the more rocky stuff. Don't think they should feel constricted into one style though or be restricted into being radio friendly.I personally don't think the tracks that are played endlessly on the radio really do them full justice, in the context of the album - yes, but not as solitary tracks. Did I hear somewhere that they were going with a different producer or something next time to give them more say?

They're most likely going to produce their next album (or whatever they will do) themselves.

Thanks Juuso. That says to me that they felt hemmed in with BHaR. What do you mean by "or whatever they will do"?
Well, they have been hinting at releasing separate tracks via internet and speaking about how traditional album is possibly bit outdated. We'll see.

I'm not comparing the music in said songs. Rather I'm comparing the lyrics.

And you dont have to be such a meanie! :'(

I wasn't mean. Or should I have posted an armada of smilies to accompany my message?

I wasn't mean. Or should I have posted an armada of smilies to accompany my message?

Nah, I was just being childish.

But honestly, I wasnt comparing the songs musically. Just the lyrics.

Invincible - Lending support to a loved one.

B&H - Encouragement and support.

Screenager - How changes in a person results in the lack of support and love towards him/her.

This is how I interpret them anyway.

Nah, I was just being childish.

But honestly, I wasnt comparing the songs musically. Just the lyrics.

Invincible - Lending support to a loved one.

B&H - Encouragement and support.

Screenager - How changes in a person results in the lack of support and love towards him/her.

This is how I interpret them anyway.

It's not about the overall message, it's about how it's portrayed. These lines particularly irk me with Invincible:

"Don't give up the fight

You will be all right

Cause there's no one like you

In the universe"

Uber-cheese

"And tonight we can truly say

Together we're invincible"

+1

"Do it on your own

Makes no difference to me

What you leave behind

What you choose to be

and whatever they say

Your soul's unbreakable"

Uber-cheese in the end and the poor rhymes.

It's also about the tempo of the song, it gives this weird nearly-patriotic vibe. It just really feels like he went over the top with all the adjectives and the song turned to unintentional parody of itself. Seriously, those lyrics are like ripped of a Harlequin short story. :LOL:

If you still hate this song after watching this your not a Muse fan.

I am not a Muse fan. :(

It's not about the overall message, it's about how it's portrayed. These lines particularly irk me with Invincible:

"Don't give up the fight

You will be all right

Cause there's no one like you

In the universe"

Uber-cheese

"And tonight we can truly say

Together we're invincible"

+1

"Do it on your own

Makes no difference to me

What you leave behind

What you choose to be

and whatever they say

Your soul's unbreakable"

Uber-cheese in the end and the poor rhymes.

It's also about the tempo of the song, it gives this weird nearly-patriotic vibe. It just really feels like he went over the top with all the adjectives and the song turned to unintentional parody of itself.

I am not a Muse fan. :(

You make me sick.

Archived