I'm on the boards pretty often, and I have to say that I'm surprised with the lack of love that Invincible gets. It unfortunately is one of the songs that Muse has created that gets infinite plays when its album is being toured, and then gets shelved when a new album comes out. I was very dissapointed when it was not played once on The Resistance tour, especially considering that if Muse claims to play songs that typical represent themselves, Invincible certainly fits the bill (Matt=love, Kate?, i guess?). I know the song starts slow and ends hard but I think thats what makes it so great, and id pay just to see the solo performed live, its HAARP DVD performance is my favorite Muse song to date. Anyone out there feel the same way I do?

Ah man :noey:

But back to Invincible (I forgot how to spell it), I gained a lot more appreciation for it a few weeks ago when it was the only song I would play to get me through a hard time. Cheesy? Yes, absolutely. But me likey :chuckle:

I'm on the boards pretty often, and I have to say that I'm surprised with the lack of love that Invincible gets. It unfortunately is one of the songs that Muse has created that gets infinite plays when its album is being toured, and then gets shelved when a new album comes out. I was very dissapointed when it was not played once on The Resistance tour, especially considering that if Muse claims to play songs that typical represent themselves, Invincible certainly fits the bill (Matt=love, Kate?, i guess?). I know the song starts slow and ends hard but I think thats what makes it so great, and id pay just to see the solo performed live, its HAARP DVD performance is my favorite Muse song to date. Anyone out there feel the same way I do?

Seriously?

^ :wtf:

I like Invincible. Of course some think it's cheesy but it's not as bad as the other "cheesy" stuff.

The solo onwards is just amazing and the lyrics are quite touching.

But the Matt & Kate love thing yankfan said - No. Just No. :noey:

Jack, where did the quote in your sig come from? (btw, no apostrophe in iPods ;))

The crap that was 'The Resistance' made me appreciate Invincible. Disliked it on the BH&R tour but now really like it. Great guitar, great solo.

The crap that was 'The Resistance' made me appreciate Invincible. Disliked it on the BH&R tour but now really like it. Great guitar, great solo.

Invincible from Milan is one of Muse's best performances :yesey:

The solo onwards is really good. Just I get a bit bored during the first half

I love Invincible. Out of what I consider Muse's ballads Invincible is second only to Blackout for me. Clearly Guiding Light is at the bottom but I still even like that song despite it's cheesiness.

I love Invincible. Out of what I consider Muse's ballads Invincible is second only to Blackout for me. Clearly Guiding Light is at the bottom but I still even like that song despite it's cheesiness.

Just a few little adjustments and this is exactly what I think

I've always liked Invincible, I must admit, especially from the moment I saw HAARP (although that changed the way I listened to a lot of Muse's newer songs really). I don't quite understand some of the stick it gets on here (same with a lot of songs to be honest), but then I like songs that are able to build up, starting slow and quiet and gradually increasing, etc, and I think the vocals, guitar, bass, etc, all work well together in Invincible.

Invincible is very boring in studio, but it really hits home live. I felt a lot better towards it after seeing it live. Not enough to listen to it, mind.

I think Invincible will be the song that I'll listen to in 20 years and say, "Hey, I listened to these guys," or something like that.

Brilliant song. Catchy, melodic, just the correct length. Awesome bass and guitar. Climaxes perfectly.

Nonetheless I'm sure there's been about 10 other appreciation threads for it in the past.

I would say the solo is the best matt's ever come out with on record (...although saying that there's not a huge amount of choice)

The Groove, Eternally Missed and Dead Star are three songs that comes to mind.

i love invincible, live much better but hey its muse its usually like that!

The Bass Riff into the solo work so perfectly

Well, I love it. I have so lovely atmosphere and lyrics :happy:

(Or then I'm just so overromantic person 'cause I love it so :$)