I wouldn't call it beautiful. Dull, repetitive and uninspiring perhaps.

Only the guitar solo saves it from being a total disaster. The chord sequence makes it sound like something you'd hear on a Children's songs compilation.

Now isn't that being harsh? Invincible might not be the very best of Muse, but it's still much better then anything else out there.

Agreed. With everyone who thinks it's an okay song in the studio but pretty good live. The song starts out kind of blah (slow and repetitive, cheesy lyrics) but when the bass kicks in followed by the guitar solo it gets a lot better. Granted that is like the last minute and a half of the song...

Agreed. With everyone who thinks it's an okay song in the studio but pretty good live. The song starts out kind of blah (slow and repetitive, cheesy lyrics) but when the bass kicks in followed by the guitar solo it gets a lot better. Granted that is like the last minute and a half of the song...

Live, it's absolutely epic with the opening slide playing. I mean can any guitarist transfix such a huge audience with their guitar alone these days?

Live, it's absolutely epic with the opening slide playing. I mean can any guitarist transfix such a huge audience with their guitar alone these days?

True, I do like the intro when it's played live. Like I said, studio version is whatever, but live is definitely listen-able, especially when you get to watch the guys perform it. That's always a plus. Not one of my all time favorite songs, but for a cheesy love-song it's definitely better than some others out there...

same with Starlight, hate listening to it just to listen to it, but when I can watch them perform it I enjoy it a lot more

True, I do like the intro when it's played live. Like I said, studio version is whatever, but live is definitely listen-able, especially when you get to watch the guys perform it. That's always a plus. Not one of my all time favorite songs, but for a cheesy love-song it's definitely better than some others out there...

same with Starlight, hate listening to it just to listen to it, but when I can watch them perform it I enjoy it a lot more

It's not a love song, it's about staying true to your convictions.

"theres no one like you in the universe", possibly.

yes, also "and tonight we can truly say, together we're invincible" or "whatever they say, you're soul's unbreakable"

it just seems like it's a song about only 2 people, going through a rough time that's for sure, but being hopeful between the 2 of them

yes, also "and tonight we can truly say, together we're invincible" or "whatever they say, you're soul's unbreakable"

it just seems like it's a song about only 2 people, going through a rough time that's for sure, but being hopeful between the 2 of them

The way I interpret it, is Matt singing to us the audience saying that together WE ARE ALL invincible! sort of like a rallying cry~~

:facepalm:

Exactly how I feel Max.

I think in future I should just have half my brain removed and go around saying "OMG EVERY MUSE SONG IS PERFECT! Even Jimmy Kane!" - it's the only way some people in these kinds of threads will be happy.

Exactly how I feel Max.

I think in future I should just have half my brain removed and go around saying "OMG EVERY MUSE SONG IS PERFECT! Even Jimmy Kane!" - it's the only way some people in these kinds of threads will be happy.

I spend days at college talking to a rabid Kanye West fan who today said that a terrible song wasn't terrible "because it was Kanye and he never made a bad track". I do despise fans.

I spend days at college talking to a rabid Kanye West fan who today said that a terrible song wasn't terrible "because it was Kanye and he never made a bad track". I do despise fans.

Me too. I always despair that saying you don't like a song suddenly means you're not a fan.

I love Muse and my other favourite band Franz Ferdinand so much but they've BOTH created some pretty rubbish songs that don't appeal to me.

Exactly how I feel Max.

If you don't like Piano Thing then you are my sworn enemy! Battles have just begun and revenge will surely come!

If you don't like Piano Thing then you are my sworn enemy! Battles have just begun and revenge will surely come!

I think Piano Thing gets overlooked personally.

Not underrated, just overlooked.

Actually most Muse instrumentals don't get as much attention as they deserve :(

I love Minimum and Nishe.

Archived