I think Invincible is OK-ish. Not one of their best songs but still not as bad as people here claim lol

I thought it was absolutely fantastic live though.

And Ellie, I love the SFA video too :D It makes me laugh

Ok, i just watched the Sing for Absolution video.... WHAT THE FUCK!?!??!!?

Invincible is the heart of Muse. I ADORE the song. It always gives me chills, in the best possible way. Especially the slow build up. Only because a song has positive lyrics and a melody it cannot be called cheesy. I don't understand why so many people keep slagging off the song. To me it's the heart of Muse. I hope it's part of the V Festival setlist!

As you all know we have a quite active anti-invincible movement on the forum! How can this be? Invincible is a great song. It has a great message and that breakdown riff and solo are great! It's the one song that shows the softer side of Muse on BH&R.

All invincible lovers: Stand together, cuz Together we're invincible!!!

Let the flaming/locking begin :LOL:

I love invincible. Terrific song. amazing solo and bass.

On BH&R, the first 3 minutes are incredibly boring. There's too much build-up before the climax.

This sure as hell works live, hence why it's incredible live. However, it completely fails on record.

I can understand why many of us fans dislike Invincible. What bugs me is Muse's nerve to release it as a single. It's a terrible choice of single.

I love Invincible to bits. But it's still amazingly cheesy.

Make your dreams come true

Don't give up the fight

You will be all right

Cause there's no one like you

In the universe

When you read it back, it makes me bite my bottom lip. It's quite cringe-worthy. Still an excellent song though.

Invincible is actually my favorite song live too. I know, I know, it isn't their style, wah wah wah! Stop your complaining. If you can't like it even a little bit, you just aren't a real fan. Go listen to Radiohead, for all I care. But if Muse is your favorite band, you shouldn't talk so badly about a song. I'm sure Matt is very proud of the song, and I am proud of him in return for giving us another great five minutes of a great CD made by a great band. So if you were a real fan, you would know that the trio love to take risks like this, and that dissing them so badly about this risk is very likely hurting their feelings. They might never make a song like that ever again, possibly! Some fans really love the slow and different songs, and you shouldn't make everyone else suffer if you don't like a song. If you don't like it, skip it on the CD. I can't believe true fans are dissing the band for one song they don't like. Makes me wonder if you are really a fan or not.

No.

I already said the bass bores me. The singing and guitar playing towards the end are undoubtedly technically complex and skilfully done, but so what? That's like the whole purpose of Muse. Matt wails and and does cool shit on his guitar. It happens on plenty of their songs, many of which don't make me want to vomit or stab myself in the ears.

Archived