If you still hate this song after watching this your not a Muse fan.

Argh but that was so boring!

Granted, I didn't watch it until the end, when it starts getting better. But if a song makes you want to switch off after a couple of minutes, it isn't good, regardless of what is afterwards!

I'll most definitly say, that Invincible is a great song, and not the worst song on BHaR at all. The song sum up muses great performance and style in one song, from a soft, melodic yet brilliant song just going up and up, hitting the climax and the wonderful guitarsolo. Not even to mention Matt's voice in the song?

I dont get the Invincible hate, it's truly on of my favourite songs from the album.

so stand up for what you believe

What I don't get is people not getting other people's opinions. I am fairly sure, that even if I am very adamant about my own opinion, I can still get what the people opposite of me think. Same with Invincible, I can see why some people would like the song.

It's kind of scary that people can't "get" diversity. Then again, "not getting something" is also a phrase, which is used quite loosely.

What I don't get is people not getting other people's opinions. I am fairly sure, that even if I am very adamant about my own opinion, I can still get what the people opposite of me think. Same with Invincible, I can see why some people would like the song.

It's kind of scary that people can't "get" diversity. Then again, "not getting something" is also a phrase, which is used quite loosely.

I agree.

And further more i don't get these discussions about songs and albums and stuff like that. It's just a matter of taste. You will never reach an agreement. I don't get it but if that's what you wanna do fine by me.

I agree.

And further more i don't get these discussions about songs and albums and stuff like that. It's just a matter of taste. You will never reach an agreement. I don't get it but if that's what you wanna do fine by me.

Most discussions are a matter of taste in the end. These discussions can offer a) perspective on how fans think b) what parts/things in songs invoke praise or dislike from other fans than you ---> You get broader perspective on the song and in the best case, see it in a different, more refined, light.

I find it fairly interesting to see what people like and do not like, and what is the reason behidn those feelings.

Then again, discussions on messageboards can very easily slip into the "This is shit" "No" "Yes" No!" Yes!" arguments.

Then again, discussions on messageboards can very easily slip into the "This is shit" "No" "Yes" No!" Yes!" arguments.

Well to be honest, the average age of the Muse section is 14 and they won't have learned how to construct an argument yet. ;)

Agreed totally though. I can appreciate, I guess, why people like songs like Invincible (good song live, uplifting, 'great lyrics') but I will still disagree.

Most discussions are a matter of taste in the end. These discussions can offer a) perspective on how fans think b) what parts/things in songs invoke praise or dislike from other fans than you ---> You get broader perspective on the song and in the best case, see it in a different, more refined, light.

I find it fairly interesting to see what people like and do not like, and what is the reason behidn those feelings.

Of course. But that is just not the case in most the discussions. And i also think it's interesting to hear what other people like and why but most "discussions" in here are just like: "It's great" "no it sucks" and stuff like that. I think it's interesting to hear what and why people like ehat they do but trying to convince them otherwise as lot of people do in here is pointless. That's why i think we could discuss much more interesting things like lyrics for instance or other stuff which you can be little more objective about.

99% of it is.

Especially the album discussion are just:

"Abso > BHAR > OOS > Showbiz > Hullabaloo" "no BHAR > OOS > Abso> Showbiz > Hullabaloo" and so on

:LOL: those i do have a laugh at though.

i really can careless, i will share my opinion for the sake of it being out there, and if someone doesnt see or agree with it then oh well, who am i to say that someone must agree with me over a song?

Muse think the song was good enough to make the cut for the album. do you really think they honestly care what others have to say?

Invincible studio is OK, I suppose.

The live version is really phenomenal! I'd even say it's one of the best live songs.

Too bad they're going to play Starlight as a staple instead of it next tour.

Starlight better not be a staple.

MoTP, Knights and SMBH fine to be played at every gig.

Starlight inevitably will be played, but hopefully not all the time.

Take A Bow should squeeze in somewhere.

Realistically, we'll be seeing Starlight, Supermassive, Map and Knights as staples.

Invincible and Take a Bow will not be staples as they have failed to play them on certain gigs before. The latter will have regular playing though.

Invincible will definitely be dropped as a set regular which is a pity, seeing as it's one of the best live songs.

I know many prefer Starlight to Invincible. However, Starlight is weak live with Invincible being the direct opposite.

If we're talking about song staples for the next album, then obviously the first three singles will stay in the set. Invincible might not be played so much (thank god) and Map Of The Problematique will be played more often than not. I hope Take A Bow stays because it is one of their best pieces of music.

City Of Delusion will disappear, which is a shame because it's their joint-best live song.

I will say this again, City Of Delusion at Wembley was the closest I've ever come to some sort of emotional breakdown at a gig, it was sooooooooo unbelievably epic.

City Of Delusion will disappear, which is a shame because it's their joint-best live song.

I will say this again, City Of Delusion at Wembley was the closest I've ever come to some sort of emotional breakdown at a gig, it was sooooooooo unbelievably epic.

Noooooooo, that song must sound EPIC (oh you've already said that) live! I want to see it!!!

:LOL: those i do have a laugh at though.

i really can careless, i will share my opinion for the sake of it being out there, and if someone doesnt see or agree with it then oh well, who am i to say that someone must agree with me over a song?

Muse think the song was good enough to make the cut for the album. do you really think they honestly care what others have to say?

My point exactly.

I don't like Invincible because it gets going far too slowly. Once it does it's alright. But it's probably one of Muse's worst as far as Muse-style music goes.

i think it fits Muse-style songs quite well - it has the keyboard, it has Matts awesome guitar solo bit.

i think the song is just fine, and to be honest i like the slowness of it - to be it is just as slow as Unintended and Sing For Absolution, which are two of my top favorite Muse songs.

I think the name "Invincible" and the cheesy lyrics just puts people off the song, it is quite a weak song but once it gets going it's not that bad...

Speaking of Invincible:

Invincible_by_Mel64.jpg

I saw this car and had to take a photo of it! I wonder if the boys would drive this car :LOL:

Archived