Animaaaaaal

You’re an animaaaaaaal

Don’t take anything leeeeeess

He sounds like an elderly gentleman, when he sings this in a subdued way. But that's practically my only issue with that song.

My only problems with Animals is the annoying resonance/ whatever it is noise that the drums make. Ruins the whole thing for me, it sounds like they didn't put much effort into mixing it. The other problem is the outro, it's too weak and is over-compressed.

Personally though I think the vocals are great.

I don't have any problems with the vocals in Animals, either.

I think it's a great song, but it underwhelms me compared to all the praise that gets heaped on it.

I liked it a GREAT deal more live, and it actually felt like it built up to more. Might have been the absolutely stellar visuals, though.

And the vocals in Dead Star is what makes it for me. Matt at his craziest. I'm glad there was a time Muse considered releasing a single like that.

The snarling and carrying on in the studio version made it for me. I'll always remember hearing it for the first time, and just being like "wft is this?!" :D

Never really considered it over-rated, but it's not exactly a well known song in the US.

If Dead Star is over-rated, Citizen Erased is a worthless piece of shit.

Never has a more meh song been adored by a fan-base despite being as dull live as shit like Guiding Light.

I can get people thinking Citizen Erased is a tad overrated but being a worthless piece of shit and being as dull live is Guiding Light...really? :rolleyes:

I personally think that to this day Citizen Erased is still Muse's "magnum opus" and deserves all the praise it gets.

I personally think that to this day Citizen Erased is still Muse's "magnum opus" and deserves all the praise it gets.

I completely agree, the first time I ever experienced a shiver down my spine from a piece of music was from hearing the mid-song guitar solo on the live version of CE that is on Hullaballoo, disc 2. God knows what would've happened if I'd actually been there.

I completely agree, the first time I ever experienced a shiver down my spine from a piece of music was from hearing the mid-song guitar solo on the live version of CE that is on Hullaballoo, disc 2. God knows what would've happened if I'd actually been there.

Presumably immediately followed by when the vocals come in over the outro piano section...so good!

Only ever seen in live at the Origin of Symmetry Reading performance, but definitely one of the stand out songs on the night for me

I wasn't that impressed by CE either of the times I saw it. It was good but I wouldn't put it up there with the best (Hyper Music, Space Dementia, SS, B&H etc.), I'd say it was about on par with Unnatural Selection.

Presumably immediately followed by when the vocals come in over the outro piano section...so good!

Definitely! In terms of overrated songs I'm struggling, I used to feel fairly meh about Invincible but love it now. I'm not a big fan of Survival but I still listen to it.

Knights of Cydonia

Map of the Problematique

Unintended

Time is Running Out

I didnt think Unintended was really rated that highly by anyone...?

I still really like TIRO, but that's probably only really down to it being the first Muse song i ever remember hearing (on TV from the Live 8 gig in 2005)

Knights of Cydonia

Map of the Problematique

Unintended

Time is Running Out

Nope.

A little bit.

Nah.

Yeah.

And I think TIRO is incredibly underrated

You mean overrated, right?

Archived