I wasn't being sarcastic, I genuinely listened to Guiding Light about 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it. It did feel like a one-off though. Also I didn't find the lyrics that bad, there are cheesier Muse lyrics.

The sarcasm part being that people say it's Pink...

• 1 year later...

This thread needs some more attention now that The 2nd Law is out.

Anyways, so many people consider Madness to be overrated because it's played on the radio so much. But I personally think it's actually underrated because so many people call it overrated.

I don't understand why everyone hates Madness. It's a good casual song to listen to. Not every Muse song has to be some huge masterpiece.

Have you ever heard Madness?

Considering they play it every gig and it's a popular radio song, unfortunately I've heard it. To me it's the perfect example of Matt wanting to be a singer, and drop the rest of his instruments. I know there's a short solo, but the minimal approach is an example of Matt's growing laziness of wanting to sing and that's it. This laziness is transferring to their live performance. It's kind of like UD (especially live), it's not Muse to me

Considering they play it every gig and it's a popular radio song, unfortunately I've heard it. To me it's the perfect example of Matt wanting to be a singer, and drop the rest of his instruments. I know there's a short solo, but the minimal approach is an example of Matt's growing laziness of wanting to sing and that's it. This laziness is transferring to their live performance. It's kind of like UD (especially live), it's not Muse to me

So you're saying he's the lead singer of the band... and he's lazy because he wants to sing? I mean c'mon, I know he's a great guitarist too, but not every song has to be all screaming and guitar riffs like Plug In Baby. And don't get me wrong, I love PiB (more than Madness), but it's just nice to change things up every once in a while.

Archived