Considering they play it every gig and it's a popular radio song, unfortunately I've heard it. To me it's the perfect example of Matt wanting to be a singer, and drop the rest of his instruments. I know there's a short solo, but the minimal approach is an example of Matt's growing laziness of wanting to sing and that's it. This laziness is transferring to their live performance. It's kind of like UD (especially live), it's not Muse to me

Matt doesn't just play the solo. He plays guitar the entire time after the solo. In some performances he even plays some quiet guitar parts before the solo.

It is NOTHING like UD (live or on record).

I really love Madness because of how subtly it builds up and adds layers until a super powerful, goosebumps inducing climax at the end.

I really love Madness because of how subtly it builds up and adds layers until a super powerful, goosebumps inducing climax at the end.

Same here. And also, I like your name and avatar :thumbsup: Gives me an idea for a possible music video...

Supremacy. It's not bad by any means, and is indeed a beast live, but it seems to be in a lot of top tens/best song on T2L, when there are a number of songs that are better that don't get close to the same amount of attention. Also, I feel it would benefit from an additional verse, like the Grand Omega Bosses version of Assassin.

Citizen Erased

can't see why it's liked so much

I used to feel like you do, I couldn't understand why everyone loved it, almost worshipping at its feet! I get it now; give it time and a lot more listens because it really is fantastic :)

Dead Star is REALLY overrated.

Probably is.

It's a cool song but it would be viewed on the same level as PIB, TIRO, and Hysteria if it wasn't a rarity. Good rock songs but fairly simplistic in structure.

Not even. Dead Star is much heavier and much stronger live than all of them (PiB might be the only competition).

Dead Star is REALLY overrated.

It's a cool song but it would be viewed on the same level as PIB, TIRO, and Hysteria if it wasn't a rarity.

I doubt it. Stockholm Syndrome isn't a rarity and people still enjoy that as much as ever because it's one of their best live songs and is full of energy, same with Dead Star.

Good rock songs but fairly simplistic in structure.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Probably is.

Not even. Dead Star is much heavier and much stronger live than all of them (PiB might be the only competition).

They're all simple riff oriented verse-chorus-verse chorus songs though. Nothing wrong with that, it's just Muse has more interesting songs IMO.

They're all simple riff oriented verse-chorus-verse chorus songs though. Nothing wrong with that, it's just Muse has more interesting songs IMO.

But like I said, Dead Star is a lot more powerful which is why it gets a lot of love. Jobby has a good example with Stockholm. Basically the same structure but people love it for its heaviness.

Yep Dead Star is a bit overrated but that's just because the huuuuge amount of praise it gets (to the extent that a song can't be as good as people together make it seem). And if people at Emirates actually had known the song and got mental like me and had sang along to the chorus it would've easily been the best song that night.

Archived