• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, the whammy effect is the only thing that turns me off it. The album version however is one of my favourite Muse songs.

Listen to the 'clean' version of the GOB edit, it's much better. Best version there is aside from Debase. Can't remember where to download it from now though, probably muselive.

I always wondered why people generally hated the whammy stuff so much yet adored the Isle of Wright performance.

Weird isn't it? :LOL: I actually haven't heard a decent quality recording of the song though. The ones on YT are pretty shit. The St. Louis 2005 performance remains as the best performance of the song.

Nope, because I don't mind the whammy

It's not so much the whammy. More that besides that, the Assassin parts are pretty much the same as the album. And the middle section has a slightly different sound to it, as if it was an older recording meant for Debase and then just spliced quickly into Assassin.

It's great, but it's more of a polished Assassin than a true upgrade.

I always wondered why people generally hated the whammy stuff so much yet adored the Isle of Wright performance.

I don't really see what the fuss is about with the Isle of Wight performance, the whammy's painful to listen to (for me, at least). It might've made it a bit more mental for the people there but it's still irritating to listen to imo.

How?

It's more to the point, like most of the songs on the album. Plus, the GOB version goes on after the bridge which is just unneccessary as it should end like it did live. I can't really explain it, but when listening to the album I prefer the short version ;)

btw: check your inbox :p

• 1 month later...

Archived