the whole point in the live lounge is generally to do things differently, a lot of people play their tracks with different instrumentation and stuff for it, aswell as the cover.

Well yeah, but it helps keep material fresh. Maybe Muse could do that to rediscover the enjoyment of making good live music instead of doing the same thing night after night.

To be honest when they bring back songs, now that they have Morgan they do make them a bit different.They have added new synths to songs like CE, Dead star, SD and the like so they kinda do. But i think you mean less subtle changes that actully make a difference

To be honest when they bring back songs, now that they have Morgan they do make them a bit different.They have added new synths to songs like CE, Dead star, SD and the like so they kinda do. But i think you mean less subtle changes that actully make a difference

Hearing CE with Morgan in was quite nice, made it different to the last time I had heard it. I think they are too overly reliant on Morgan now, they play Resistance like the album version when a truer three piece version with Matt either improvising on guitar or piano would make the song so much more interesting live (I find it so painfully dull live). Old improvisations worked, Sunburn went from completely on guitar to completely on piano, Bliss is quite different from the album version and used to constantly change (guitar intro, extended, short, falsetto, piano intro). The only thing they seem to have done to freshen up the old (that they play consistantly) is to drop the piano intro to New Born

Matt could play the Uprising riff on guitar (he's already stopped playing it on the double neck) and I think Undisclosed Desires would work much better on piano without all the synths. He could play the organ intro to Unnatural Selection, play the Starlight riff on guitar like he used to, start playing the New Born intro again, etc.

There's all sorts of things he could be doing live but isn't because he's got Morgan to do them for him while he stands there shining lasers and clapping.

I'm actually quite surprised that he plays the NSC intro live and doesn't just leave it to Morgan.

Hearing CE with Morgan in was quite nice, made it different to the last time I had heard it. I think they are too overly reliant on Morgan now, they play Resistance like the album version when a truer three piece version with Matt either improvising on guitar or piano would make the song so much more interesting live (I find it so painfully dull live). Old improvisations worked, Sunburn went from completely on guitar to completely on piano, Bliss is quite different from the album version and used to constantly change (guitar intro, extended, short, falsetto, piano intro). The only thing they seem to have done to freshen up the old (that they play consistantly) is to drop the piano intro to New Born

Hmm, not thought of that before. A piano version of Resistance...

zZzZz

I think we're just bored of Muse.

Possibly :LOL: Their recent setlists have been back to the same old.

Oh well, if they're not going to promote the stuff I like about them then my interest will inevitably wane

I don't understand why Muse have stopped playing amazing setlists from after they finished touring in 2008 and started again after The Resistance came out.

I know people will probably say about them having to play songs from the new album, but for me, that's a crap excuse. It wouldn't harm them to add or swap one song in the setlist for something like Sunburn, Dead Star, Ruled by Secrecy etc.

edit: That first bit is worded rubbishly, but hopefully you'll all understand what I mean

I don't understand why Muse have stopped playing amazing setlists from after they finished touring in 2008 and started again after The Resistance came out.

I know people will probably say about them having to play songs from the new album, but for me, that's a crap excuse. It wouldn't harm them to add or swap one song in the setlist for something like Sunburn, Dead Star, Ruled by Secrecy etc.

edit: That first bit is worded rubbishly, but hopefully you'll all understand what I mean

I understand. I've been saying since gig one of this tour that I thought the setlists were poor. Sure they will want to play new stuff, but it's always the same new stuff, and that stuff is the weakest live songs on the album. Then the fact the non-new songs are an assortment of greatest hits with the occasional rarer song thrown in makes it all so very poor and seems to be a marketing drive to sell old albums on the basis of people getting into the singles 5-10 years after their release. Or Muse actually like all that blander chart stuff.

In the style of those facebook groups:

We're Muse and we can change the set-list up up at festivals LOL jk, FEEELING GOOD

On a more serious note, they could so easily throw in other songs in place of others.

Butterflies & Hurricanes, Dead Star and Sunburn are all songs that could easily be swapped about this tour - they're all singles and have all been played in the resistance tour at some stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQSBbpK66cQ&feature=player_embedded

Listen to Matt and Dom at the start of the video. Possibly a reaction to what is being said on here?

Probably just the polls as the only words they can read are:

Uprising

Supermassive Black Hole

New Born

MK Ultra

Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)

Guiding Light

Interlude

Hysteria

Nishe

United States Of Eurasia

I Belong To You (+Mon Cœur S'ouvre à Ta Voix)

Feeling Good

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

Unintended

Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

Plug In Baby

Knights of Cydonia

Map of the Problematique

Soldiers Poem

Bliss

Citizen Erased

The setlist from Rosklide is absolute shit.

We're Muse and we can change the set-list up up at festivals LOL jk, FEEELING GOOD

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: +100430566485

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQSBbpK66cQ&feature=player_embedded

Listen to Matt and Dom at the start of the video. Possibly a reaction to what is being said on here?

"This song is for the messageboard."

Ugh, it's like they think we're a minority or something.

FIX THE FUCKING SETLISTS.

Erm... we are, dude. Sorry to tell you.

Anyway, shit setlists are shit, but who cares but us? :$

Those cheeky fuckers! :LOL:

There's only like 10 of you here!

Probably true!

Archived