No we didn't. Glasto would have been improved considerably if they had played one of the 'rock' songs from the album instead of that crappy power ballad.

Oh feck, I thought she said UD (sorry Pip). I was wondering why someone would want UD so badly, it's terrible live.

Although to be honest, I also dislike US. Scrap 'em both and play MK Ultra.

Oh feck, I thought she said UD (sorry Pip). I was wondering why someone would want UD so badly, it's terrible live.

US is alright, a bit of a poorer version of New Born (but since New Born is one of my favs i'll go with it). But yeah, the lack of MK Ultra plays on this tour is astonishing.

Yeah, to be honest I don't get it at all. I liked The Resistance when it first came out but now I just find the first half of the album so poor by Muse standards. Oh well, I just feel stupid for actually wanting to go see them twice on the same tour for the first time ever this time round, and go see them again at Glasto. Never learn eh? :LOL:

Pretty much how I feel. I had high hopes for the stadium tour especially because of the poll thing, as much as I enjoyed both shows (Paris was even up there in my favourite gigs) I'd rather dumb it down otherwise I'll be paying £50 on the off chance that Muse will either play fantastically or just average or for like one song they may play. I'm ok with seeing them live now and then but I just don't think it's worth following them around on the same tour anymore. I guess if you're paying that much for a band more than once you're gonna have that risk no matter who the band are.

I don't mind UD :$ US is pretty beefy live. But yeah MK anyday

Pretty much how I feel. I had high hopes for the stadium tour especially because of the poll thing, as much as I enjoyed both shows (Paris was even up there in my favourite gigs) I'd rather dumb it down otherwise I'll be paying £50 on the off chance that Muse will either play fantastically or just average or for like one song they may play. I'm ok with seeing them live now and then but I just don't think it's worth following them around on the same tour anymore. I guess if you're paying that much for a band more than once you're gonna have that risk no matter who the band are.

I never do it usually anyway. I don't know why I did it on this tour, and I only went to two gigs plus them ending up headlining at Glasto. Probably explains my bitterness :LOL:

I never do it usually anyway. I don't know why I did it on this tour, and I only went to two gigs plus them ending up headlining at Glasto. Probably explains my bitterness :LOL:

:LOL:

Plus there are way too many bands I want to see these days.

:LOL:

Plus there are way too many bands I want to see these days.

Muse were actually the only band I had seen at their own gigs until 2007 :eek: by which point I had seen them 3 times (2 gigs plus a festival). Nowadays it's completely different.

Muse were actually the only band I had seen at their own gigs until 2007 :eek: by which point I had seen them 3 times (2 gigs plus a festival). Nowadays it's completely different.

Haha yeah same I think... the only band I saw during 2004-2007 that was not at Muse's gig was Franz Ferdinand at Ally Pally in 2005. :LOL: My band list is gradually growing

I don't mind UD :$ US is pretty beefy live. But yeah MK anyday

I won't lie, UD has improved a lot since when I saw it in 2009 so I will give it that. I said last year that it is one of the few Muse songs that I'd rather listen to on record rather than live.

I have always moaned about the US intro and it really does just put me off the whole song... maybe I need to hear a 2010 live version of US to make me excited about it.

I won't lie, UD has improved a lot since when I saw it in 2009 so I will give it that. I said last year that it is one of the few Muse songs that I'd rather listen to on record rather than live.

I have always moaned about the US intro and it really does just put me off the whole song... maybe I need to hear a 2010 live version of US to make me excited about it.

To be honest it took me ages to get into it, I really didn't like it at first. Same with Uprising now I think it's one of the best songs in the set :LOL:

To be honest it took me ages to get into it, I really didn't like it at first. Same with Uprising now I think it's one of the best songs in the set :LOL:

When I first heard TR album I adored it and I adored the tracks at Tinmuff. Maybe it's just the longevity of the songs wasn't going to last, especially with UD. I have to say though that I hated Uprising as an opener before but now I love it. It's such hard rock now.

Jesus Christ you guys are negative! I'm flying over from Australia to go to Wembley Stadium. I could f***ing care less if they play Guiding Light and Feeling Good. I haven't seen GL before. and it's 2 songs out of what will more than likely be 20-24.

I think the point has been made that you are mostly unhappy with the set lists. Can you stop moaning about it every single time they play a gig (which you probably didn't even go to anyway) where they didn't play MK Ultra or something off Showbiz? You can't even appreciate that they're playing Citizen Erased and Bliss regularly now. It's never enough, is it?

Jesus Christ you guys are negative! I'm flying over from Australia to go to Wembley Stadium. I could f***ing care less if they play Guiding Light and Feeling Good. I haven't seen GL before. and it's 2 songs out of what will more than likely be 20-24.

I think the point has been made that you are mostly unhappy with the set lists. Can you stop moaning about it every single time they play a gig (which you probably didn't even go to anyway) where they didn't play MK Ultra or something off Showbiz? You can't even appreciate that they're playing Citizen Erased and Bliss regularly now. It's never enough, is it?

Excuse my harsh language sir, but you are just being a silly goose.

It's two songs out of 20 or 21. That's what they've played at every stadium show so far. I'm pretty sure everyone's appreciating that they're playing CE and Bliss more often now, but their sets are still poorly structured, unbalanced, shorter than they could be, etc.

It's two songs out of 20 or 21. That's what they've played at every stadium show so far. I'm pretty sure everyone's appreciating that they're playing CE and Bliss more often now, but their sets are still poorly structured, unbalanced, shorter than they could be, etc.

Seems more like an opinion than an actual fact. Most people don't seem to mind the setlist, I for one don't. Some people are pissed more older songs aren't played, its going to happen.

You can't even appreciate that they're playing Citizen Erased and Bliss regularly now. It's never enough, is it?

Both songs have been played 5 times so far this summer. Out of 15 shows. That's one out of every three shows. I hardly consider that regularly. Especially when most performances of those two songs have been at festivals as opposed to their own gigs.

Plus, I don't think anyone can deny that a song sequence containing

GL --> CE --> Nishe (WHY, like, it's even more pointless than GL. Put a real piano interlude in, or bring back RBS which you HAVE rehearsed) --> USOE

is at best completely bonkers.

Seems more like an opinion than an actual fact. Most people don't seem to mind the setlist, I for one don't. Some people are pissed more older songs aren't played, its going to happen.

They're definitely shorter than they could be - there's nothing stopping them from playing longer sets in general, when they've demonstrated in recent times they can but choose not to.

As spark_ said, MotP->GL->CE->Nishe->USoE just doesn't flow. It's fast, slow, fast, slow, losing too much energy between songs. That's one of the problems with much of their newer material - it doesn't work as well live. They aren't going to stop playing all their new songs though, as much as we'd like them to - I'm not expecting them to either.

Most people going to gigs aren't going to mind the setlist, as most people going to gigs are casual Muse fans who know mostly the singles, especially those from the last two albums. While they obviously should play singles to cater to these fans, they could easily cater more to 'hardcore' fans by playing more non-singles (or just more pre-Resistance stuff in general) while still playing all their 'hits'.

Plus, I don't think anyone can deny that a song sequence containing

GL --> CE --> Nishe (WHY, like, it's even more pointless than GL. Put a real piano interlude in, or bring back RBS which you HAVE rehearsed) --> USOE

is at best completely bonkers.

They play Nishe so the crew can wheel the piano on stage. At least thats what I thought the reason was...

They play Nishe so the crew can wheel the piano on stage.
That was somewhat understandable on the arena tour, but on the stadium/festival tour, the piano's already on stage and Matt's now playing an extra piano bit to go along with it. The piano makes it sound better but Nishe into USoE still really doesn't work. Nishe is fairly dark-sounding - Space Dementia or Ruled by Secrecy would be better following it.

It's a shame they took the lowest common denominator approach to the polls. If one of the ubiquitous standards like KoC is in the polls, apparently the rest can be ignored. Even if more people voted for Showbiz or Assassin, the fact a regular is in there means they can just roll out another flat pack standard set list without considering the polls.

It's okay that CE and Bliss are there, but really, it's just like they never went away. They were here for the BHaR tour, and now they're back in the Resistance tour.

The inconsistency with MK Ultra is a bit of a downer too. Why does it have to come and go? From what I've seen it's a more universally appreciated song over GL but the band have made it clear what they prefer.

All it would take is one or two songs a night that are unusual. Muse are talented, able musicians and they really can't be that unfamiliar with their own material not to keep a larger number of songs than 22 on rotation at any one time. They even proved it by playing things like RBS on the one or two occasions. Every other tour was so good in comparison. BHaR tour had everything from Showbiz to Fury to Dead Star...

I did try and make some positive points in this post but I couldn't find any. I guess the set builders and designers and electricians and roadies do a fantastic job with the light show.

Exactly - there's nothing really stopping them from throwing in a few others like B&H, RbS, Cave, Sunburn or Dead Star, all of which they've played a few times this tour, but they don't feel like going to the effort of playing them a bit more regularly.

Archived