It was extremely sarcastic like he was taking the piss.

He was but then why the fuck will he care about what a few fans on the internet think? They're megastars now, they play whatever they like and people love it. They're not going to change it much are they? :LOL:

NK does have the world's largest stadium, and they might be forced to do songs like "Glorious" in honour of the Glorious Leader. Might be awesome, we'll see how Justin gets on first.

When Kim Jong-Il wants to choose the setlist, Kim Jong-Il fucking choses the setlist :LOL:

nah im just stating something most of the fans said to eachother at goffertpark and what matt said he likes to do with tours.

e.g. with the autumn 09 tour the set lists were rubbish but on the last date we got sunburn and butterflies & hurricanes. who knows, we could get this at wembley:

Intro

Uprising (Riff version)

Supermassive Black Hole

New Born + Headup riff

Guiding Light

Map of the Problematique + Who Knows Who riff

Dead Star

Assassin

Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black outro

Nishe

United States of Eurasia

Apocalypse Please

Feeling Good

Falling Away With You

MK JAM + Undisclosed Desires

Fury

Hyper Music

Resistance

Starlight

Time Is Running Out + Voodoo Child (Slight Return) riff

Unnatural Selection

ENCORE 1

Citizen Erased

Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)

Stockholm Syndrome + riff + Endless Nameless riff

ENCORE 2

Take a Bow

Plug In Baby + Balloons

Showbiz

Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

it seems unlikely but we'll never know until 11 september :)

:LOL: This is Muse we're talking about!

There really is no point complaining now, we've been ridiculed and ignored!

*awaits for chris and his solo project of rock :\mm/:

EDIT: Has anyone done a downfall spoof of the setlist complaining? :awesome:

I'd far rather hear/see them play more album/older material (and drop GL and FG!) but am still more than happy to go to their gigs. I will take the piss as and when I wish as is my right.

Conversely, it is the band's right to take the piss out of those of us who sometimes complain, it works both ways and I don't think any of us (myself included) are in any position to be pissed-off at the band for their comments but feel it's ok for us to mock the band.

He was but then why the fuck will he care about what a few fans on the internet think? They're megastars now, they play whatever they like and people love it. They're not going to change it much are they? :LOL:

Nope, I'm just accepting that's what they are now, they don't give a fuck as long as they have money shoved up their arse and the media are praising their career

Put it this way, If You were in a big band, you have 5 albums in your back catalogue, but you don't really play anything off the first album live because you can't relate to it, along with a few songs off the second album, so you play all of the songs you really enjoy playing, following along with the guidelines your record label lay down on which songs MUST be played. You want to put on a big specticle so that even people that aren't massive fans of the band that are in the crowd enjoy themselves too, and you provide things most other bands can't do.

THEN you discover that your biggest fans, people that have followed you for years, spend hours moaning, bitching and complaining about how you aren't doing a very good job and that if you are shit and fake because you aren't paying one hundred percent of your attention and care into THEM, and they accuse you of just being in it for the money and to get famous and bed models.

I must admit, if that was me, i would be pretty disheartened and pissed off.

Nope, I'm just accepting that's what they are now, they don't give a fuck as long as they have money shoved up their arse and the media are praising their career

Yeah, to be honest I don't get it at all. I liked The Resistance when it first came out but now I just find the first half of the album so poor by Muse standards. Oh well, I just feel stupid for actually wanting to go see them twice on the same tour for the first time ever this time round, and go see them again at Glasto. Never learn eh? :LOL:

Yeah, to be honest I don't get it at all. I liked The Resistance when it first came out but now I just find the first half of the album so poor by Muse standards. Oh well, I just feel stupid for actually wanting to go see them twice on the same tour for the first time ever this time round, and go see them again at Glasto. Never learn eh? :LOL:

I still like The Resistance quite a bit. It's very flawed (Undisclosed Desires and Guiding Light are terrible and United States Of Eurasia and I Belong To You are just wacky as fuck) but the rest of it is pretty good. The first Muse album ever that sounds better on record than live (as a whole). :stunned:

I still like The Resistance quite a bit. It's very flawed (Undisclosed Desires and Guiding Light are terrible and United States Of Eurasia and I Belong To You are just wacky as fuck) but the rest of it is pretty good. The first Muse album ever that sounds better on record than live (as a whole). :stunned:

I don't like the wackiness of those two songs, I guess USoE works live and I've not actually seen IBTY yet. The rest is good to great (Uprising, Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, Exogenesis) and yeah they are largely better recorded than live.

Oh that's a great shame, I like both. Far rather US replaced UD :stunned:

It's usually the 4 singles plus 1 or 2 from Guiding Light. Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra and Overture at festivals.

UD and Resistance should go and 3 from MK, Unnatural and all 3 Exo parts should be in their place.

Not dropped; it's been played at every stadium gig so far. Just most of the festivals haven't been getting it.

Yes I know (been to three of the stadium gigs), I did mean the festivals as I'm going to Oxegen on Saturday:)

We got it at Glasto :) I think they do change it up a bit at festivals which is great.

No we didn't. Glasto would have been improved considerably if they had played one of the 'rock' songs from the album instead of that crappy power ballad.

Archived