I can't see Muse recovering.

I've not listened to Muse in a few months now but it's upsetting. I don't want to see them go the same way as so many other bands I've loved. :(

Awww... :) I understand where you're coming from but I still have strong faith in muse..

I hope this new song is gonna be awesome!!

I can't wait to hear it' date=' but I already like the title -- another cheesy, overblown astronomical metaphor for human relationships, a la SmBH, only this time there's a bonus -- the song title acronmym also refers to one of the USA's [b']scarier and most-secretive security agencies[/b]. That's probably nothing more than pure coincidence, but coming on the heels of "MK Ultra," who knows? There just might be a political reference or even a secondary theme buried in there somewhere...

Ooooh, very interesting! I like the way you think. This is one of the reasons I love Muse - all the stuff about aliens, the universe, space phenomona, conspiracy theories.... I can't wait to hear this song and analyze the lyrics.

I wish Muse weren't contributing the lead single for any big-budget hyped-up movie franchise, let alone a Twilight movie. But if the song is good, I'll still like it. And I hope it will be!

I agree! I'm going to hold out hope that it will turn out alright. Even past Muse tracks that are what we might consider just decent are better than most of the crap taking up space on the airwaves currently. Muse's so-called worst releases are still brilliant.

Welcome to Guiding Light + I Belong to You

And the song name is cringe worthy as ever, farewell rock music of muse, you have burnt out, withered away, and from the ashes, rises a fluffy pink kitten that NEEDS TO FUCKING DIE.

You haven't heard the song yet. :erm:

it's not about the song. the song could be great. (not likely, but could be). it's about how the band are positioning themselves. it's taking them in a direction that pulls them away from older hardcore fans and allows the new twighlight/singles fans to be the center of attention. it should never get that way.

They even have the artwork a fucking Eclipse. :facepalm:

Will bring a glass bottle to Oxegen with this song name written ALL over it.

I challenge anyone to contest the view that Muse sold out, and sold out hard.

And the song name is cringe worthy as ever, farewell rock music of muse, you have burnt out, withered away, and from the ashes, rises a fluffy pink kitten that NEEDS TO FUCKING DIE.

+ eleventy billion

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it's not about the song. the song could be great. (not likely, but could be). it's about how the band are positioning themselves. it's taking them in a direction that pulls them away from older hardcore fans and allows the new twighlight/singles fans to be the center of attention. it should never get that way.

Oh really. The person I was replying to had basically said the song was going to be bad. I think you should listen to a song before you judge it. :)

If you really think that why are you on these boards???

Trust me, there are loads of people on these boards who think Muse have gone downhill. And right they are.

Of course, you can still be around because you like the earlier work - are should we be perma-banned because we prefer Showbiz and OoS over later stuff?

And Muse selling out isn't even added to that yet, but yeah, it does fit the picture.

Amazing- A new Muse song.

Good- It wasn't specifically written for Twilight.

Awesome- The song has potential to be awesome.

Terrible, Dreadful- Twilight and all the fucking fans that will clog the Muse stream from this. Get ready for Muse to lose value (as in they will still have their genuine fans, but will just be turned to trash after this fad is over like what happens to every trend).

Archived