:erm:, I wouldn't say Muse NEED to do anything. Matt himself said that he enjoyed making BHR and the Resistance because they got to work relatively alone in the studio, and they weren't embarrassed about sounding 'over the top' anymore. I'm not happy about all the mixup with twilight either, and I could definitely use a little more rock, but muse is muse, they haven't forced themselves to limit their writing in order to meet the demands of their fans, and if you can't enjoy the fact that they've progressed then you're not quite a muse fan...

Oh gosh, not again...

Muse fans don't have to like everything they create! It's not a requirement. There's no book somewhere that states what you must do to worship at the holy grail of bellzorz.

It's cool if you prefer the pop stuff to the rock stuff, I don't really, but please don't start making presumptions about my fan credentials =/

:erm:, I wouldn't say Muse NEED to do anything. Matt himself said that he enjoyed making BHR and the Resistance because they got to work relatively alone in the studio, and they weren't embarrassed about sounding 'over the top' anymore. I'm not happy about all the mixup with twilight either, and I could definitely use a little more rock, but muse is muse, they haven't forced themselves to limit their writing in order to meet the demands of their fans, and if you can't enjoy the fact that they've progressed then you're not quite a muse fan...

when I read the notice about NSC being the title track, I felt my heart drop into my stomach, but maybe the song will redeem itself. And if it doesn't, I'll just put on Exo and wait for them to release something epic that they don't write off as a 'contribution' or soundtrack. If it's something they're really proud of, then I'd expect them to release it on an actual record. So we'll see :erm:. fingers crossed.

annd that's the end of my statement.

Over the top? Is this a new synonym for 'being shit' and making songs for 30 year old females?

Your english language?

I think the English down south should be able to call it their language, not you. :rolleyes:

"But the [American] English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts."

I shall listen to it.

I just don't think I'll like it considering about 6 different factors lead me to conclude that it'll probably be crap.

If it is good, then I'll be encouraged...but only slightly. The angle Muse are taking on their work is something that I'm not impressed with. I'm not impressed by the way they're trying to market the song either.

How should they market the song to impress you? Maybe you should avoid listen to the song, and perhaps you should avoid this forum too. You seem to be so sad - I almost feel sorry for you...:(

with a bit of luck, the band have read the board and seen all the guiding light hate, which hopefully means that they won't make something that sounds like it.

I don't hate guiding light but it's not something i'll listen to on purpose.

with a bit of luck, the band have read the board and seen all the guiding light hate, which hopefully means that they won't make something that sounds like it.

I don't hate guiding light but it's not something i'll listen to on purpose.

Or they should do Guiding Light 2 just to fuck with you people wanting Muse to do the music that you want. :)

I really doubt it sounds anything like Guiding Light. Nothing on any of the previous soundtracks have sounded anything like that.

Anyway this soundtrack will be aimed at teenagers, most of whom will not have any interest in a Guiding Light style song.

Or they should do Guiding Light 2 just to fuck with you people wanting Muse to do the music that you want. :)

hey, i'm not saying i want muse to do the music i want, i'm just saying that guiding light wasn't one of their stronger songs. I like pretty much everything on the resistance. Guiding light wasn't the worst song i've heard, but it wasn't the best either.

hey, i'm not saying i want muse to do the music i want, i'm just saying that guiding light wasn't one of their stronger songs. I like pretty much everything on the resistance. Guiding light wasn't the worst song i've heard, but it wasn't the best either.

My point was that Muse doesn't (or shouldn't?) make music just to please fans. The fact that GL wasn't that popular shouldn't change their minds about what they want to do.

My point was that Muse doesn't (or shouldn't?) make music just to please fans. The fact that GL wasn't that popular shouldn't change their minds about what they want to do.

i wasn't saying it for MY sake, i was saying it so maybe people would stop moaning on about the fact that muse have gone downhill :LOL:

like i said, i'll listen to guiding light and it's an OK song.

EDIT: i DON'T think that muse should change because of the fans.. surely that would make them more of a sell out. :erm:

holy shit, that was the hugest catchup Ive ever done (30-odd pages later)

But yay, new song :awesome:

I would prefer for it not to be because of Eclipse, but it is their choice, we can't do anything about it.

I await the new song with nervous excitement

Agreed Muse doesn't (or shouldn't?) make music just to please fans but in return people don't have to love everything they release just because it's from Muse... works both way.

Agreed Muse doesn't (or shouldn't?) make music just to please fans but in return people don't have to love everything they release just because it's from Muse... works both way.

When did anyone say that you had to like it?

Of course! The Twilight Band do make bad songs!

When did anyone say that you had to like it?

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear there :LOL:

It's not pointed at anyone in particular, it just that a lot of time if you don't like a particular direction Muse goes into, you are getting told that you shouldn't be here or express it, so all I was pointed out is that "yes Muse shouldn't do music to please their fans but at the same time don't expect everybody to like it"

Does that make it clearer or am I still rambling? :LOL:

As of now, anyone who calls Muse a 'Twilight Band' is not safe in my book.

not just "a twilight band"

THE twilight band :rolleyes:

i vomited in my mouth a little in phoenix when matt dedicated smbh to meyer. like that song didn't exist before the movie.

a lotta people are in danger then :chuckle:

i really do hope it's a good song. i love muse. i just wish they'd be more choosy about the "company" that they keep :rolleyes:

not just "a twilight band"

THE twilight band :rolleyes:

i vomited in my mouth a little in phoenix when matt dedicated smbh to meyer. like that song didn't exist before the movie.

a lotta people are in danger then :chuckle:

i really do hope it's a good song. i love muse. i just wish they'd be more choosy about the "company" that they keep :rolleyes:

Maybe he was inspiried by the book when he wrote it!

Archived