Woo! Can't wait to hear this!! I thought the use of SMBH was really good in Twilight but you could hardly hear IBTY in New Moon.

I hope this new song will be:

*good,

*better placed in the film and

*that Eclipse will be a better film than New Moon, the storyline's loads better.... :p ducks in readiness for any Twatlight abuse!!!

Lol at all the comments in this thread though!

Disclaimer: I liked Muse before Twilight existed and can prove it :D

I have to say this is freaking retarded. If it wasn't Twilight no one would care. If they had the lead single in Iron Man 2 no one would care. Matt likes soundtracks and you are all tagging this as some sort of huge selling out to Hollywood.

Maybe, and I mean just maybe, Stephanie Meyer came up and said "omg MUSE be in my movie!!" and they were in the first two. Now she came up and said "omg MUSE be the lead single!" and they were flattered to get their music to the mainstream. Once again, The Resistance was not commercial, Muse isn't "selling out", and the song will probably be good. This has become a "I hate popular things and saying I like Muse doesn't make me indie anymore" argument. You hate Twilight, don't see this is a brilliant way to increase their fanbase, and are being stupid!

Look at Smashing Pumpkins! They released The Beginning is the End is the Beginning for Batman & Robin, made a great song for the worst movie ever, turned around and released Adore.

Being the lead single is an honor, a great idea, and a great way to gain fanbase. Go F yourself you self righteous pricks.

Sorry if you don't agree with an opinion that I agree with but at least I don't feel like like I have to insult people who have a different opinion then mine when responding.

I have to say this is freaking retarded. If it wasn't Twilight no one would care. If they had the lead single in Iron Man 2 no one would care. Matt likes soundtracks and you are all tagging this as some sort of huge selling out to Hollywood.

Maybe, and I mean just maybe, Stephanie Meyer came up and said "omg MUSE be in my movie!!" and they were in the first two. Now she came up and said "omg MUSE be the lead single!" and they were flattered to get their music to the mainstream. Once again, The Resistance was not commercial, Muse isn't "selling out", and the song will probably be good. This has become a "I hate popular things and saying I like Muse doesn't make me indie anymore" argument. You hate Twilight, don't see this is a brilliant way to increase their fanbase, and are being stupid!

Look at Smashing Pumpkins! They released The Beginning is the End is the Beginning for Batman & Robin, made a great song for the worst movie ever, turned around and released Adore.

Being the lead single is an honor, a great idea, and a great way to gain fanbase. Go F yourself you self righteous pricks.

I think it's more the fact that Twilight is so viral and crazed that it destroys the fan base a little. When a trend dies, whatever was attached to it (bands and such) die with it. If it was Iron Man 2 it would be different. While still crazily popular it's not on the same level as Twilight with popularity. It's more like Muse is being used like a "cheap whore" and once this fads dies, people (the ones who jumped on the bandwagon) will just throw Muse away and it's just abusive to the band. But I don't think you should not like it because it's for a movie. I love "Decode" by Paramore (though I am a closet fan of that song) and I hate Twilight. my hate doesn't stop my love for the song. I think it's just because Muse is really just going to flop after this (of course I don't mean completely, but when the fad is done, Muse won't be (while still greatly popular) as cherished). I'm not explaining myself well though.

And I agree with other things said: Please don't make personal attacks because of this. It makes you just as self righteous. And I'm technically making an attack there... oh how language works...

Actually, I would prefer to see and listen to Muse in any other movie than this. I was delighted when Matt did part of the score for The International.

I hate Twilight for being Twilight and having a writter and a whole "industry" for the teens behind it that only do retarded movements that everyone seems to like, even Matt. I'm not against the fans, I've met awesome fans and friends through this, but the industry behind the name Twilight pisses me off and definitely, that's something I have to respect. That's it.

If that makes me a self righteous prick, then I am but don't come off with that shit and generalize with all the Muse fans that are not happy with the band's decision.

QFT! Actually Twilight has been mocked numerous times for its poor grammar etc etc. Seriously tho, I do agree with you that the whole thing behind Twilight is just "$$$". The story plot is as commercial as one can get, and it was aimed to a teenage fanbase = LOADS OF $$$$.

Sad to see Muse getting involved with this whole $$ project but meh, we can do nothing. Let's accept the (sad) fact and enjoy that block of cheese! :happy:!

I preffer processed.

It better be.

Me too :LOL:

Yea, it better better be. :noey:

:happy: Exactly my thoughts. People are acting like this might be the end of the world (of Muse). They have NOT specifically written this song for Twilight :mad: I hate when people are judging things before getting a single clue of it. I feel really sorry for our lovely guys. I wonder if all the other bands involving in this soundtrack get the same hate only because of this reason.

Why did you think that? :confused:

I thought I heard a quote from him about it once that was all ranting and "I hate it too, it's all stupid, rawr rawr rawr." I don't know. XP I think the title is funny. NEUTRON STAR COLLISION...also known as love is forever.

I thought I heard a quote from him about it once that was all ranting and "I hate it too, it's all stupid, rawr rawr rawr." I don't know. XP I think the title is funny. NEUTRON STAR COLLISION...also known as love is forever.

I saw that quote somewhere too, but I think it was a joke, if it was even a real quote. Matt's too diplomatic to say that.

:happy: Exactly my thoughts. People are acting like this might be the end of the world (of Muse). They have NOT specifically written this song for Twilight :mad: I hate when people are judging things before getting a single clue of it. I feel really sorry for our lovely guys. I wonder if all the other bands involving in this soundtrack get the same hate only because of this reason.

Ok, I lost the track on this.

So it's going to be as a b-side for the next The Resistance single or what? :stunned:

It's the lead single for Eclipse.

So, more or less, yes, this song has been written for Twilight. Whatchu on about? :S

I saw that quote somewhere too, but I think it was a joke, if it was even a real quote. Matt's too diplomatic to say that.

Ah well, my brain must be broken then. I'm going to wander away from this thread because it's very unhappy and shout-y.

Ok, I lost the track on this.

So it's going to be as a b-side for the next The Resistance single or what? :stunned:

I think this means that the song was written without Twilight in mind. Dom mentioned that they had written a song in Australia in January and it would have worked perfectly for Eclipse. But I don't think they had the movie in mind at the time.

As for the money, if someone shoved a big check in your face would you really say "No, I have to maintain my integrity for the fans?"

A spanish magazine asked him once if he liked the books but I don't remember what was his answer.

Great. Past two soundtracks we had a Muse inspired soundtrack. Now we have Muse actually writing a song for Twilight, so now we have a Twilight influenced Muse song.

Not getting my hopes up that this will be any good. :( One part Undisclosed Desires, one part Soaked, and one part SMBH. Sounds like a recipe for disappointment. Just my bitter opinion, of course.

I don't know if anyone has linked to this yet (there are too many pages to look! :LOL:) but there was a brief, BRIEF preview of this on Youtube

We don't really get an idea of the song, but it's something I suppose. :p

I think this means that the song was written without Twilight in mind. Dom mentioned that they had written a song in Australia in January and it would have worked perfectly for Eclipse. But I don't think they had the movie in mind at the time.

I know, but now that it's confirmed everywhere, why saying that is not for Eclipse? It's stupid. :stunned::rolleyes:

I know, but now that it's confirmed everywhere, why saying that is not for Eclipse? It's stupid. :stunned::rolleyes:

I found the article where it says it:

As for the original tune in question, which remains untitled, Howard says it would have fit Eclipse like Edward on Bella -- even though it wasn't directly inspired by the books or movies.

http://www.dose.ca/Muse+Longer+Eclipse+Soundtrack+What+Will+Play+Vampire+Baseball+Game/2628578/story.html

Archived