So is the song itself being released as a single in it's own right on the 17th or do they mean the soundtrack is being released on the 17th? Or both?

The song is released on the 17th. Sondtrack is being released on the 8th of June.

I Belong to You was written for The Resistance. It was then 'remixed' for New Moon.

And Dom didn't specifically say for the next album. He said they might release it as a standalone single aswell.

They were probably considering releasing it as a stand alone single when things fell through with Eclipse, but now it's back on, there's no reason for them to release it separately.

It sounds to me that it is a song they are very pleased with, or else they would have left it for the next album, so I think it's going to be good! :D

What exactly does it represent though? Matt's always said that he want's to do work for film soundtracks. Lots of other credible artists do it all the time.

Okay the following is only my personal opinion:

Songs and music have been used to enhance a film and convey the atmosphere of certain scene: the most important on the soundtrack makes it onto the album soundtrack as a collection of what was used. That I have no issue with.

But once you start having lead single (My Heart Will Go, Decode, etc...) it's not about about music anymore for me, it's just about becoming a marketing tool to gross money. I never thought Muse would agree to become the marketing tool of a franchise which in my opinion is what they are becoming.

Apart from James Bond where the opening credit song is pretty much an institution and a tradition that goes back 3 decades, the rest of films that used the lead single marketing strategy are pretty much commercial franchise just out to make money.

Okay the following is only my personal opinion:

Songs and music have been used to enhance a film and convey the atmosphere of certain scene: the most important on the soundtrack makes it onto the album soundtrack as a collection of what was used. That I have no issue with.

But once you start having lead single (My Heart Will Go, Decode, etc...) it's not about about music anymore for me, it's just about becoming a marketing tool to gross money. I never thought Muse would agree to become the marketing tool of a franchise which in my opinion is what they are becoming.

Apart from James Bond where the opening credit song is pretty much an institution and a tradition that goes back 3 decades, the rest of films that used the lead single marketing strategy are pretty much commercial franchise just out to make money.

brain twinz :shifty:

well maybe this is the shawshank analogy revisited. gotta slog through some bullshit maneuvering if you want to come out smelling of roses and collect your fatcatpaycheque.

cha-ching! :awesome:

i want money :dance: gimme some money :dance:

...?

I Belong To You was written for The Resistance, not Twilight.

I also challenge you to find a band who have written a song specifically for a soundtrack and then included it on their next album. It very very very rarely happens. I'd also be incredibly suprised if the sound/direction/vibe of Neutron Star Collision chimes with where Muse are in two/three years time when album #6 is being written/recorded.

I FOUND ONE! Paramore song decode was made for the soundtrack of twilight and then they included on the international version of their next album as a bonus track. still officially counts as being on the album!

I FOUND ONE! Paramore song decode was made for the soundtrack of twilight and then they included on the international version of their next album as a bonus track. still officially counts as being on the album!

*passes a prize of a packet of sweeties* :awesome:

I’m not down with the Twilight hate. What it boils down to is that Twilight has nothing to do with my enjoyment of Muse. I didn’t first hear about Muse through any Twilight connection, and I haven’t read any of the books or seen any of the movies. Just doesn’t interest me. OK, maybe I could do without seeing RPatt’s face all over. But I don’t care about whether the new song is in any movie; I care about whether the song is good or not. End.of.story.

And don’t count out that it won't be on a future album. I’m pretty sure I saw/heard an interview where Matt (or Chris?) said that since albums aren’t selling anymore, they plan on releasing random singles along the way, “see which ones stick” (I do remember that exact phrase), and then have a greatest hits album when they have enough of them.

brain twinz :shifty:

well maybe this is the shawshank analogy revisited. gotta slog through some bullshit maneuvering if you want to come out smelling of roses and collect your fatcatpaycheque.

cha-ching! :awesome:

i want money :dance: gimme some money :dance:

:LOL:

I forgot about that quote... I think you might be onto something!

With regards to Muse, yes, because they've gone seriously downhill over the past few years.

was teasing...cause like ....on the other thread...? oh nevermind :$

uhm...muse going downhill...yeah, well downhill is an unexplored direction. they like new directions yeah? coasting downhill is usually really fun. :awesome:

with enough speed it can really blow your hair back :yesey:

I can't wait to hear it, but I already like the title -- another cheesy, overblown astronomical metaphor for human relationships, a la SmBH, only this time there's a bonus -- the song title acronmym also refers to one of the USA's scarier and most-secretive security agencies. That's probably nothing more than pure coincidence, but coming on the heels of "MK Ultra," who knows? There just might be a political reference or even a secondary theme buried in there somewhere...

was teasing...cause like ....on the other thread...? oh nevermind :$

uhm...muse going downhill...yeah, well downhill is an unexplored direction. they like new directions yeah? coasting downhill is usually really fun. :awesome:

with enough speed it can really blow your hair back :yesey:

I like how you think! Hahaha ;)

Archived