So you want people to grow up even though it is you that is making gross generalisations about the whole Muse fanbase? You should really look up "stereotyping" in the dictionary.

a.) Spell generalizations right first.

b.) I'm not stereotyping the entire fanbase, I'm calling the people complaining as I see them. People who hate Twilight because scenesters watch Twilight, people who have been looking for excuses to hate Muse since Black Holes came out.

c.) You can't tell me why this is bad for Muse, other than "selling out", "for the money", or "I hate Twilight".

1.) Selling out is making fake music directly for commercial consumption, and by the name of the song, I doubt it's music Matt is disconnected from.

2.) This is their career, of course it's for the money.

3.) So do I, but it's more than a fad.

YOU don't like that Muse is experimenting since Black Holes, and can't deal with the fact they haven't milked the OoS sound for all it's worth. GET OVER IT. Because that's what this argument eventually boils down to.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that's how they spell it in the UK...

Oh. Well, haha, I've never seen it spelled that way in a dictionary or, well, ever, so I assumed it was spelled incorrectly.

I'm gonna *facepalm* myself now. And bowing out of this discussion because you can only scream at a wall for so long before people begin to think you are nuts.

Oh. Well, haha, I've never seen it spelled that way in a dictionary or, well, ever, so I assumed it was spelled incorrectly.

I'm gonna *facepalm* myself now. And bowing out of this discussion because you can only scream at a wall for so long before people begin to think you are nuts.

I get where you're coming from, but yeah, I've seen these sorts of arguments go 'round and 'round so many times. Meh, what can you do? Better to just have some wine and say fuck it.

a.) Spell generalizations right first.

Stop butchering our English language.

b.) I'm not stereotyping the entire fanbase, I'm calling the people complaining as I see them. People who hate Twilight because scenesters watch Twilight, people who have been looking for excuses to hate Muse since Black Holes came out.

It's your imagination. People dislike Muse now because their music isn't as good, I very much doubt it's for any other reason.

c.) You can't tell me why this is bad for Muse, other than "selling out", "for the money", or "I hate Twilight".

But I do hate Twilight, therefore I automatically am going to dislike it when a band I like being involved with it. Call it pretentious but it's a fact.

YOU don't like that Muse is experimenting since Black Holes, and can't deal with the fact they haven't milked the OoS sound for all it's worth. GET OVER IT. Because that's what this argument eventually boils down to.

Exogenesis was Muse experimenting, and I liked it.

Uprising, Resistance, Guiding Light, Invincible, Starlight etc are not experimentation; it's called boring poppy ballads. Muse are a rock band and need to make more rock songs, simple as. And you need to stop makin assumptions.

I'm not going to force you to like it but nor are you going to convince me otherwise in thinking that Muse are going down a scary path. The song itself of course may convince me but that remains to be seen.

Your english language?

I think the English down south should be able to call it their language, not you. :rolleyes:

1. It was a joke.

2. Oh my good God. :facepalm: Maybe you should brush up on history as well. :LOL: And perhaps know a little about my background before making silly comments.

Yeah the artwork isn't very original, they just took the background from the movie and put Muse on it.

I'm getting the feeling this may be a complete joke. The title can't be serious, the blatantly unoriginal artwork, and the fact that Stephanie Meyers herself hasn't heard it yet. It's very possible they just completely made a joke of the entire thing. They certainly didn't take the "rehearsal" for the New Moon extras feature seriously. My guess: Muse are completely taking the piss.

Muse are a rock band and need to make more rock songs

:erm:, I wouldn't say Muse NEED to do anything. Matt himself said that he enjoyed making BHR and the Resistance because they got to work relatively alone in the studio, and they weren't embarrassed about sounding 'over the top' anymore. I'm not happy about all the mixup with twilight either, and I could definitely use a little more rock, but muse is muse, they haven't forced themselves to limit their writing in order to meet the demands of their fans, and if you can't enjoy the fact that they've progressed then you're not quite a muse fan...

when I read the notice about NSC being the title track, I felt my heart drop into my stomach, but maybe the song will redeem itself. And if it doesn't, I'll just put on Exo and wait for them to release something epic that they don't write off as a 'contribution' or soundtrack. If it's something they're really proud of, then I'd expect them to release it on an actual record. So we'll see :erm:. fingers crossed.

annd that's the end of my statement.

Archived