Just a refresher from an interview in January:

And since she's such a "nice lady", her favourite rock gods have agreed to have a crack at writing the theme for the film of her third book, which is due for release later this year. "They want us to do the main song for it, which I think we're going to have a go at and see what it's like," drummer Dominic Howard said in his dressing room before the Gold Coast show. "But you know, they might hate it."

So it kinda sounds like this song was written for the movie. At one point they weren't gonna be part of the soundtrack, so maybe they mentioned releasing it as a single. Then somehow the soundtrack deal was back on.

All I have to say is Kudos to the Boys for riding the gravy train...they're looking after their own survival and doing what every other rock band in history has...I look excitedly forward to this new release...more Muse is pure win...who cares who it's made for, we can find our own meaning for it :yesey:

Personal attacks? They aren't personal attacks. You are slamming Muse for being in a movie series that is gigantic (and not a fad), and slamming them for "selling out" when all they did is say "yeah, we'd be honored to do the lead single!". This isn't a compromise of artistic integrity or anything. This is Muse complementing a film, and whether you like it or not, a film that will be forever linked to the late 2000s-early 2010s. Accept it, move on. Muse has made their mark, have many great years ahead of them, and haven't even come close to selling out.

You are insecure because suddenly your "cult fav" band is getting popular. I'm happy for the guys and you complaining because they aren't making music your teenage wet dream can relate to is idiotic. I HATE Twilight. Stephanie Meyer can't write and the movies just are idiotic, and ruined vampire folklore. However, I accept that it's a gigantic movie that will open the door to thousands of people to Muse.

This argument fires me up because you are bitching for NO OBVIOUS reason other than that you are about to lose your hipster status. First off, wake up, Muse can sell out Wembley FUCKING Stadium, they aren't your cult band, they are a successful mainstream rock band who has curved the mainstream to fit their style of play. Supermassive Black Hole is permanently the "Twilight song". Accept it and move on. Muse is only getting better, The Resistance was just a side-step. This argument is idiotic and makes me want to bang my head on a desk. I GET IT, you can't wear your Birkenstocks and your Muse T-shirt down the street without a scene girl saying hi.

This happens all the time. And it's not "selling out". "Selling out" is what R.E.M. did. Muse is only increasing their fanbase, Twilight isn't a "fad" even though you out-of-touch twenty or thirtysomething hipsters blog about it being a fad.

Grow up and stop being so ridiculous.

How do you know that's what that is? I was wondering....

Well if you consider the youtube preview thing being "the real thing" it's the same thing..still it's only presumptions and i should have written " i think you can hear a longer preview.."

The artwork!

4587290760_1b912e0f74_o.jpg

Bleurgh that's not Muse-y at all....they may as well add Robert Pattinson's face to that :facepalm:

BUT it's a new song so we musn't complain :yesey: It will probably live up to our expectations due to the context of it and whatnot...but admittedly, I don't mind a bit of Muse cheesiness every now and again :p

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if it's a great Muse song. How can you blast it? The song title is typical, minus the Love is Forever ending.

Oh, and, I'm gonna drop this in for all the haters:

i2jacl.jpg

Just a refresher from an interview in January:

So it kinda sounds like this song was written for the movie. At one point they weren't gonna be part of the soundtrack, so maybe they mentioned releasing it as a single. Then somehow the soundtrack deal was back on.

It sounds to me that they were asked to write the lead song for the film. Matt wrote a song, not based on the storyline, but on his own personal feelings, which they thought might, nevertheless, work for the film. Initially, for whatever reason, there were problems, which were later overturned. So the song wasn't written specifically for the movie but the theme of the song is transferable to the movie.

I don't know why people can't just respect Muse for their decisions and just make the most of what they have to offer. This is exciting - a new song which we were going to hear at some point whatever happened. How they have chosen to release it has no bearing at all on the song itself and has no bearing on the wellbeing of anyone apart from Muse themselves. It sounds like it's what they wanted so I'm pleased it's worked out for them.:)

It has this Guiding Light, Starlight and Invincible feel just for that title. *Facepalm-worthy* lol

Starlight = great

Invincible = great but cheesy as hell

2/3, i'll take it

oh, and post above me, +1

Personal attacks? They aren't personal attacks. You are slamming Muse for being in a movie series that is gigantic (and not a fad), and slamming them for "selling out" when all they did is say "yeah, we'd be honored to do the lead single!". This isn't a compromise of artistic integrity or anything. This is Muse complementing a film, and whether you like it or not, a film that will be forever linked to the late 2000s-early 2010s. Accept it, move on. Muse has made their mark, have many great years ahead of them, and haven't even come close to selling out.

You are insecure because suddenly your "cult fav" band is getting popular. I'm happy for the guys and you complaining because they aren't making music your teenage wet dream can relate to is idiotic. I HATE Twilight. Stephanie Meyer can't write and the movies just are idiotic, and ruined vampire folklore. However, I accept that it's a gigantic movie that will open the door to thousands of people to Muse.

This argument fires me up because you are bitching for NO OBVIOUS reason other than that you are about to lose your hipster status. First off, wake up, Muse can sell out Wembley FUCKING Stadium, they aren't your cult band, they are a successful mainstream rock band who has curved the mainstream to fit their style of play. Supermassive Black Hole is permanently the "Twilight song". Accept it and move on. Muse is only getting better, The Resistance was just a side-step. This argument is idiotic and makes me want to bang my head on a desk. I GET IT, you can't wear your Birkenstocks and your Muse T-shirt down the street without a scene girl saying hi.

This happens all the time. And it's not "selling out". "Selling out" is what R.E.M. did. Muse is only increasing their fanbase, Twilight isn't a "fad" even though you out-of-touch twenty or thirtysomething hipsters blog about it being a fad.

:kiss: Thanks a lot. Btw: I know what you mean. I liked R.E.M. a lot once.

You are insecure because suddenly your "cult fav" band is getting popular.

Stop being so presumptious of why people are unhappy about this. Cult fave? :LOL: Muse are one of the biggest bands in the world. If we had a problem with success we'd have jumped ship years ago.

I'm happy for the guys and you complaining because they aren't making music your teenage wet dream can relate to is idiotic. I HATE Twilight. Stephanie Meyer can't write and the movies just are idiotic, and ruined vampire folklore. However, I accept that it's a gigantic movie that will open the door to thousands of people to Muse.

That doesn't make it right in my opinion. They've been whoring the series for too long now.

This argument fires me up because you are bitching for NO OBVIOUS reason other than that you are about to lose your hipster status.

lol, imagine if onetimeposter wasn't banned. Muse fans are not hipsters. Let's be blunt.

First off, wake up, Muse can sell out Wembley FUCKING Stadium, they aren't your cult band, they are a successful mainstream rock band who has curved the mainstream to fit their style of play. Supermassive Black Hole is permanently the "Twilight song". Accept it and move on. Muse is only getting better, The Resistance was just a side-step.

Okay, I think got that point already. And TR wasn't really a side-step, they were banging out bland pop-rock tunes on Black Holes as well. I actually don't mind the Resistance too much but I won't pretend I'd enjoy listening to the last couple of Muse albums on repeat.

So you want people to grow up even though it is you that is making gross generalisations about the whole Muse fanbase? You should really look up "stereotyping" in the dictionary.

It sounds to me that they were asked to write the lead song for the film. Matt wrote a song, not based on the storyline, but on his own personal feelings, which they thought might, nevertheless, work for the film. Initially, for whatever reason, there were problems, which were later overturned. So the song wasn't written specifically for the movie but the theme of the song is transferable to the movie.

Considering they were asked to write the lead song, I still think it was in fact written for the movie. But that is different than writing a song inspired by a movie. I agree that it was probably Matt's own thoughts and feelings that went into it.

No matter what, I can't wait to hear it! :)

Archived