I just had a thought. (hate these things, glad i don't get many)

I mean they're not youngsters, but they're not old, just wait until they're 40+ and still trying to retain that mainstream teen love duv pop culture

*shudder*

I just had a thought. (hate these things, glad i don't get many)

I mean they're not youngsters, but they're not old, just wait until they're 40+ and still trying to retain that mainstream teen love duv pop culture

*shudder*

hopefully when they hit forty they'll realize it's the music that lasts forever and not stage shows. :LOL:

it's not about the song. the song could be great. (not likely, but could be). it's about how the band are positioning themselves. it's taking them in a direction that pulls them away from older hardcore fans and allows the new twighlight/singles fans to be the center of attention. it should never get that way.

you cant knock them for becoming popular. They're not going to play in the cavern for the rest of their career. Dont get me wrong, im more into their pre black holes album, but I like most songs on the new ones. Be a bit more open minded, and stop knocking them for being liked. Name a band which hasnt gone on to bigger better things.

:(

awww.

:supersad:

i have muse related mood swings more than ever...but a bombastic facemelter would really help with that :eyebrows:

Sad innit. I dunno, I have no desire to listen to their music lately :LOL: Hopefully the love will come back by Wembley.

you cant knock them for becoming popular. They're not going to play in the cavern for the rest of their career. Dont get me wrong, im more into their pre black holes album, but I like most songs on the new ones. Be a bit more open minded, and stop knocking them for being liked. Name a band which hasnt gone on to bigger better things.

Did you even read his post?

I have to say this is freaking retarded. If it wasn't Twilight no one would care. If they had the lead single in Iron Man 2 no one would care. Matt likes soundtracks and you are all tagging this as some sort of huge selling out to Hollywood.

Maybe, and I mean just maybe, Stephanie Meyer came up and said "omg MUSE be in my movie!!" and they were in the first two. Now she came up and said "omg MUSE be the lead single!" and they were flattered to get their music to the mainstream. Once again, The Resistance was not commercial, Muse isn't "selling out", and the song will probably be good. This has become a "I hate popular things and saying I like Muse doesn't make me indie anymore" argument. You hate Twilight, don't see this is a brilliant way to increase their fanbase, and are being stupid!

Look at Smashing Pumpkins! They released The Beginning is the End is the Beginning for Batman & Robin, made a great song for the worst movie ever, turned around and released Adore.

Being the lead single is an honor, a great idea, and a great way to gain fanbase. Go F yourself you self righteous pricks.

I have to say this is freaking retarded. If it wasn't Twilight no one would care. If they had the lead single in Iron Man 2 no one would care. Matt likes soundtracks and you are all tagging this as some sort of huge selling out to Hollywood.

Maybe, and I mean just maybe, Stephanie Meyer came up and said "omg MUSE be in my movie!!" and they were in the first two. Now she came up and said "omg MUSE be the lead single!" and they were flattered to get their music to the mainstream. Once again, The Resistance was not commercial, Muse isn't "selling out", and the song will probably be good. This has become a "I hate popular things and saying I like Muse doesn't make me indie anymore" argument. You hate Twilight, don't see this is a brilliant way to increase their fanbase, and are being stupid!

Look at Smashing Pumpkins! They released The Beginning is the End is the Beginning for Batman & Robin, made a great song for the worst movie ever, turned around and released Adore.

Being the lead single is an honor, a great idea, and a great way to gain fanbase. Go F yourself you self righteous pricks.

I couldnt agree with you more.

Very very disappointed. It's different to donate an album track to a movie's OST - which is okay if you ask me. But writing a dong for a movie - you seriously have to think about what the movie represents.

So not only they chose to write a song or donate it to twilight, but they gave it that horrible title and made it the first single off the OST. And the video - it better NOT contain movie scenes.

If this isn't selling out, what is??

:yesey:

I need an applauding smiley for this post! EDIT: found it :applaudingsmiley.gif

Bravo, I agree entirely :happy:

Oh really. The person I was replying to had basically said the song was going to be bad. I think you should listen to a song before you judge it. :)

I shall listen to it.

I just don't think I'll like it considering about 6 different factors lead me to conclude that it'll probably be crap.

If it is good, then I'll be encouraged...but only slightly. The angle Muse are taking on their work is something that I'm not impressed with. I'm not impressed by the way they're trying to market the song either.

Actually, I would prefer to see and listen to Muse in any other movie than this. I was delighted when Matt did part of the score for The International.

I hate Twilight for being Twilight and having a writter and a whole "industry" for the teens behind it that only do retarded movements that everyone seems to like, even Matt. I'm not against the fans, I've met awesome fans and friends through this, but the industry behind the name Twilight pisses me off and definitely, that's something I have to respect. That's it.

If that makes me a self righteous prick, then I am but don't come off with that shit and generalize with all the Muse fans that are not happy with the band's decision.

Archived