I'm not even bothered by the constant replays of songs like Starlight and TIRO, I just want about 2 or 3 song slots where they mix things up a bit. That's what U2 do, and they're far more commercial and known for their singles than Muse are. :erm:

Indeed. Bands who are bigger than Muse and do bigger gigs manage to shake it up, but Muse are too pigheaded to do it.

I'm so full of rage right now :facepalm:

No, I wouldn't expect that at all. In fact, it'd be getting worse. People at the regular tour go to see the band specifically. People at festivals aren't fans but more casual attendants. So they must be lured with some hits and songs from the new album. If anything, the current setlists are only indicative of how bad it could get:(

And this is exactly how to lose older fans from ever attending their gigs. :(

Yes, but it's not going to happen, see my post. The tour concerts will still be the 'best' you can get.

This thread is making me really sad.....but I agree with the majority of what's being said unfortunately.

What you said.

The Killers have played more stuff than Muse on their 2009 tour with 2 albums less. It reminds me too much of a normal Depeche Mode show as only 2 songs normally changed on the Touring The Angel tour - those being Martin Gore's songs.

Its the older fans who contributed to get them to where they are today.

Older fans have paid almost double what they used to for Muse gigs.

and now we are getting screwed over..

I used to go see muse at every gig I could, Im happy I haven't done so this time tbh. I am really sad to say that but. i guess.. fresh meat is what muse is all about.

To expect three off Showbiz is a bit much :p.

I was thinking more...

1x Showbiz

3x Origin Of Symmetry

4x Absolution

4x Black Holes & Revelations

8x The Resistance

1x Wild-Card

Something like that. Piece of piss to implement!

Nah, move one from BHaR to OOS, seeing as the former is widely regarded their worst album, and the latter usually their best.;)

Apart from that I agree!

in a perfect world they would have a list of 20 or so songs from their first 4 albums/b-sides rehearsed plus all of The Resistance and then switch it up so each night you would get something like this:

3 x Showbiz

3 x OoS

3 x Abso

3 x BH&R

1 x b-side

6/7 x Resistance

simples :p

I echo the "SIMPLES" part of it. It really is THAT simple.

Only playing the same songs over and over is plane lazy.

Same. Maybe something good will come out of it though.

But for those who paid to see the gigs in Europe on the tour so far, it's just not on.

Like...

according to the oslo thread they only played around 1h 30 :(

bad times

Ouch.

I get how they might become tired, but to play 1 song less than the other gigs and swap 2 quite rare songs for a run-off-the-mill generic cover, like I said it's just not on. They really need to start listening to us fans and acting upon it.

Nah, move one from BHaR to OOS, seeing as the former is widely regarded their worst album, and the latter usually their best.;)

Apart from that I agree!

Whilst I agree with you, Black Holes and Revelations sold better and produced more 'hits'

Like Max said I think 90mins is fine, touring is tough but they need to shake up that 90mins

Not when you've shown you're easily capable of doing almost two hours per show in the past though. And also, many many many bands do much much much more than ninety minutes per gig and tour as frequently and lengthily as Muse.

I'm not even bothered by the constant replays of songs like Starlight and TIRO, I just want about 2 or 3 song slots where they mix things up a bit. That's what U2 do, and they're far more commercial and known for their singles than Muse are. :erm:

I agree with that. As I said, I love most of the set regulars, but it wouldn't take them too much to just add 2-3 varying songs each night and mix the order up a bit, I think.

Indeed. Bands who are bigger than Muse and do bigger gigs manage to shake it up, but Muse are too pigheaded to do it.

I'm so full of rage right now :facepalm:

Ash last night.

big band, small Venue. 26 UK dates, £15 a ticket. 22 songs on the setlist. A mix of old and new.

Muse.. BIG Venue, not many UK dates, £41.50 a ticket. 17 songs. not a good mix of setlist.

Muse. swallow your fucking pride.

I think when a public vote award for 'best Live band' comes up, they will be hocked not to get it HA

Ash last night.

big band, small Venue. 26 UK dates, £15 a ticket. 22 songs on the setlist. A mix of old and new.

Muse.. BIG Venue, not many UK dates, £41.50 a ticket. 17 songs. not a good mix of setlist.

Muse. swallow your fucking pride.

+1.

But for those who paid to see the gigs in Europe on the tour so far, it's just not on.

Yeh, if they do happen to shake things up a bit, then I will feel incredibly bad for those who have already been. Would it even be fair for some fans to have a far better set list than others. I don't think theres going to be much change on this tour at all.

It's a shame.

Archived