Ash last night.

big band, small Venue. 26 UK dates, £15 a ticket. 22 songs on the setlist. A mix of old and new.

Muse.. BIG Venue, not many UK dates, £41.50 a ticket. 17 songs. not a good mix of setlist.

Muse. swallow your fucking pride.

I think when a public vote award for 'best Live band' comes up, they will be hocked not to get it HA

well bloody put.

Franz played friday and last night. £21.50. Over the course of the two shows they played 21 different songs and shook the order up a bit, including two different opening songs. They played 2 b-sides as well. And they've only got 3 albums, one of which is a bit poor!

Maybe they just dont like Olso?

2007 @ Spektrum

1. Close Encounters riff + Knights of Cydonia

2. Map of the Problematique

3. Hysteria

4. Supermassive Black Hole

5. Butterflies & Hurricanes

6. Sing for Absolution

7. New Born

8. Feeling Good

9. Sunburn

10. Soldier's Poem

11. Invincible

12. Starlight

13. Time Is Running Out

14. Plug In Baby + Citizen Erased riff

Encore

15. Stockholm Syndrome

16. Take a Bow

2009@ Spektrum

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Supermassive Black Hole

6. Guiding Light

7. Interlude + Hysteria

8. United States of Eurasia

9. Feeling Good

10. Helsinki Jam + Undisclosed Desires

11. Starlight

12. Plug in Baby

13. Time is Running Out

14. Unnatural Selection

15. Exogenesis: Symphony Pt. 1 Overture

16. Stockholm Syndrome

17. Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

While I admit the 2007 gig was a good one as I went to it, this shows a slight piss take of Norwegian fans and its fucking expensive over there! :(

Ash last night.

big band, small Venue. 26 UK dates, £15 a ticket. 22 songs on the setlist. A mix of old and new.

Muse.. BIG Venue, not many UK dates, £41.50 a ticket. 17 songs. not a good mix of setlist.

Pricing the tickets it's just a matter of demand, which is huge. That also means Muse can't afford to do loads of UK dates - it would mean losses in other parts of Europe.

There's nothing to complain about these things, it's just reality.

I saw QOTSA when they were promoting Era Vulgaris.

They didn't play many of their hits at all, no No One Knows, Lost Art of Keeping a Secret, Feel Good Hit of the Summer, Monster in the Parasol etc.

I think the only 'big' singles that weren't on the newest album they played were Go With The Flow and Little Sister. My mates who I went with were what you'd class as 'casuals'. They were a bit shocked at the lack of recognisable songs, but loved the gig and ended up buying Rated R and Lullabies to Paralyse soon after the gig.

Of course that can happen, but if you are a casual Muse fan and don't know that many songs, you'd be disappointed if they didn't play TiRO or SMBH, and in turn played some older song you never heard. Hell, weren't there even people in Helsinki who went "WTF?" at Cave? And since Muse have become more "mainstream", there'll be many of these people at the gigs.

Come to think of it, Muse should play extra shows for die-hard fans with a varying setlist :D

2007 @ Spektrum

3. Hysteria

6. Sing for Absolution

7. New Born

8. Feeling Good

9. Sunburn

10. Soldier's Poem

11. Invincible

12. Starlight

13. Time Is Running Out

Encore

15. Stockholm Syndrome

16. Take a Bow

On paper that looks an awful setlist! :LOL:

Pricing the tickets it's just a matter of demand, which is huge. That also means Muse can't afford to do loads of UK dates - it would mean losses in other parts of Europe.

There's nothing to complain about these things, it's just reality.

But, they are aware how much people are paying for this stuff, so should adjust the show accordingly.

2007 @ Spektrum

3. Hysteria

6. Sing for Absolution

7. New Born

8. Feeling Good

9. Sunburn

10. Soldier's Poem

11. Invincible

12. Starlight

13. Time Is Running Out

Encore

15. Stockholm Syndrome

16. Take a Bow

I want these now. :(

But for those who paid to see the gigs in Europe on the tour so far, it's just not on.

Like...

Ouch.

I get how they might become tired, but to play 1 song less than the other gigs and swap 2 quite rare songs for a run-off-the-mill generic cover, like I said it's just not on. They really need to start listening to us fans and acting upon it.

True, but I'm sure they're not nearly as bothered about it as we are. Oslo was the only one where I can see people being slightly dissapointed, and even then the gig was probably great.

True, but I'm sure they're not nearly as bothered about it as we are. Oslo was the only one where I can see people being slightly dissapointed, and even then the gig was probably great.

If you've never seen Muse before, then it was probably amazing.

If you've seen them before you probably enjoyed it, then thought how it could have been and once the euphoria dies down realise it could have been so much better.

Ash last night.

I think when a public vote award for 'best Live band' comes up, they will be hocked not to get it HA

When I saw Franz I only got 17 songs and they played for 90 minutes. It was an outdoor gig and pissing down rain so I really don't mind. Plus the stuff that happened before/after the gig more than made up for the shorter set. :awesome:

And to stay on the topic of Muse, this thread is making me sad.

I haven't read the entire thread but I feel like I should throw my opinions in here in case it does make it to a petiton :LOL:. I hate to complain about Muse as I really do love them and they are a brilliant band but I completely agree with what everyone is saying. Having been a fan since I was about 13 I've only been to one gig so far at Tinmuff so I'll most definitely enjoy the NIA gig on this tour and I'm very excited about it, but I'm feeling pretty disapointed so far. Would it really kill them just to mix it up a bit, throw in a few old songs/rarities? They're always saying they do it for the live shows and love performing so why not make the most out their brilliant back catalogue? Surely they must be aware of the fans desire for a bit of variety and value for money. It would be so easy for them to deliver a great set list that satisfies the wants of both old and new fans. I really hope they get their act together by the UK gigs.

/pointlesspost

He knows. I've spoken to him about it loads of times. The band know. And they change nothing.

:stunned: This is more than frustrating. Meh.

C&P from the other thread...

-----

To clarify my thoughts.

______

Also, Clunge wins this thread, I suppose. Good posts. :)

Everyone twitter your rage @muse.

That's what I meant in the other thread! Maybe we should all tweet the same message? To show er... solidarity and consistence? :erm:

Archived