When they played Showbiz, The Groove and Ruled By Secrecy within a 4 song run at V in 2004 I was just :eek:

No chance of anything like that happening now. How did they go from bringing Dead Star/Space Dementia/Megalomania/Ruled By Secrecy/Fury back at the end of the last tour to this?

I think (sadly) this is exactly how it's going to be: During the original album tour they'll only play these "regulars" and for the festivals next summer they'll play some more "obscure" songs, b-sides etc.

I also think the main reason they almost always play the same songs these days is because they want to please the more "casual" fans and newer fans, which is understandable, but also frustrating for those who also want to hear older songs or b-sides once in a while.

Does Matt really not even play the piano intro to Newborn anymore? Or was it a one off?

Nope, Morhan's played it at all three of the shows so far.

That one minute of music has been my favourite part of EVERY one of the six Muse gigs I've been to - it's my favourite song of theirs and that magic moment of transition is probably the most exciting thing I've seen at any gig, you just know a fucking HUGE riff is on its way but now... it just loses some of that magic :(.

hope i wont be disapointed in dublin reading about the people who where not very happy have not seen them before hope it willl be worth the wait it in the end

yeah maybe seeing as i have not seen them before it will be good but i dont know from what im reading i might be going in dissapointed if that makes sense and not playing intro for new born no b&h was esp wanting to hear that live i guess its hard to please every one

I think (sadly) this is exactly how it's going to be: During the original album tour they'll only play these "regulars" and for the festivals next summer they'll play some more "obscure" songs, b-sides etc.

I also think the main reason they almost always play the same songs these days is because they want to please the more "casual" fans and newer fans, which is understandable, but also frustrating for those who also want to hear older songs or b-sides once in a while.

No, I wouldn't expect that at all. In fact, it'd be getting worse. People at the regular tour go to see the band specifically. People at festivals aren't fans but more casual attendants. So they must be lured with some hits and songs from the new album. If anything, the current setlists are only indicative of how bad it could get:(

Nope, Morhan's played it at all three of the shows so far.

That one minute of music has been my favourite part of EVERY one of the six Muse gigs I've been to - it's my favourite song of theirs and that magic moment of transition is probably the most exciting thing I've seen at any gig, you just know a fucking HUGE riff is on its way but now... it just loses some of that magic :(.

Indeed:(

And this is exactly how to lose older fans from ever attending their gigs. :(

I saw QOTSA when they were promoting Era Vulgaris.

They didn't play many of their hits at all, no No One Knows, Lost Art of Keeping a Secret, Feel Good Hit of the Summer, Monster in the Parasol etc.

I think the only 'big' singles that weren't on the newest album they played were Go With The Flow and Little Sister. My mates who I went with were what you'd class as 'casuals'. They were a bit shocked at the lack of recognisable songs, but loved the gig and ended up buying Rated R and Lullabies to Paralyse soon after the gig.

Well said Clunge :yesey:

if they dont change it up there are gonna be a hell of a lot of unhappy musers in the front rows of the upcoming gigs

in a perfect world they would have a list of 20 or so songs from their first 4 albums/b-sides rehearsed plus all of The Resistance and then switch it up so each night you would get something like this:

3 x Showbiz

3 x OoS

3 x Abso

3 x BH&R

1 x b-side

6/7 x Resistance

simples :p

Archived