We were the ones who bought Muse releases when no one else would, we were the ones who went on about how good they were live when no one else cared, so if we want to moan about a short and rigid set then I think we are perfectly entitled to! I'm concerned one of my favourite bands are becoming complacent and letting their game drop and promoting style over substance when it comes to live performances.

:awesome:

Was defending them up until today, the gigs look great and I am looking forward to London, but I'm sort of glad I'm only doing the two now. CBA with knowing what's coming next all the time. Argh, ditching Cave for Feeling Good. NOT GOOD.

Stop playing festival sets, Muse. These are YOUR gigs.

Loads of people seems to be retweeting me message haha, which is this...

"@muse Read this and learn: http://bit.ly/22Q451 Fans want a setlist shakeup. You're upsetting all of us. #musefail"

I'm kind of worried this could upset the band though.

Don't get me wrong - I would like some variety in the set. But I think the set is pretty good and what I've heard/seen on YouTube looks good.

But I'm worried this could upset the band and if we go too far we could cause a catastrophe. But that could be the pessimist in me talking - it's been a long day for me today...

Oh, and 18 songs chosen at random on my iPod from Muse (don't have all of them so excuse if some missing):

Blackout

Showbiz

Plug in Baby

Unintended

The Small Print

Dead Star

Invincible

Exo-Politics

Uprising

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Apocalypse Please

Hoodoo

Shrinking Universe

Unnatural Selection

Uno

Undisclosed Desires

Knights of Cydonia

Resistance

There - that'd work and probably have about 500% less whinging. :LOL:

We were the ones who bought Muse releases when no one else would, we were the ones who went on about how good they were live when no one else cared, so if we want to moan about a short and rigid set then I think we are perfectly entitled to! I'm concerned one of my favourite bands are becoming complacent and letting their game drop and promoting style over substance when it comes to live performances.

Another piece of sincere frustration to be added to the pile of horror:yesey:

I mean, surely they know that they've got a lot of fans who see them several times in a tour? They used to mention how strange it was that people followed them about as early as 2000 and seeing as it has become increasingly trendy to go on tour with a favourite band (not literally unfortunately) I would've thought that'd be at least a little prompt in the way of one or two surprises in the set every now and again.

They have taken all good vibes from their fans for years. Criticism is maybe needed at some points. and if and when they seed it, maybe they will do something about it.

if it upsets them, well, they will know how we all feel :LOL:

Don't get me wrong - I would like some variety in the set. But I think the set is pretty good and what I've heard/seen on YouTube looks good.

But I'm worried this could upset the band and if we go too far we could cause a catastrophe. But that could be the pessimist in me talking - it's been a long day for me today...

Oh, and 18 songs chosen at random on my iPod from Muse (don't have all of them so excuse if some missing):

Blackout

Showbiz

Plug in Baby

Unintended

The Small Print

Dead Star

Invincible

Exo-Politics

Uprising

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Apocalypse Please

Hoodoo

Shrinking Universe

Unnatural Selection

Uno

Undisclosed Desires

Knights of Cydonia

Resistance

There - that'd work and probably have about 500% less whinging. :LOL:

catastrophe? lol, they probably won't take hardly any notice of this.. judging by what ive heard anyways

As Gem said earlier though, subtlety hasn't worked. the truth hurts sometimes, but often it hurt's the most when it's most pertinent

I mean, surely they know that they've got a lot of fans who see them several times in a tour? They used to mention how strange it was that people followed them about as early as 2000 and seeing as it has become increasingly trendy to go on tour with a favourite band (not literally unfortunately) I would've thought that'd be at least a little prompt in the way of one or two surprises in the set every now and again.
They can't build gigs for those people who travel to multiple gigs/countries per tour though, because they are a really small minority. The audience is those thousands that come from the destination country.

Some people literally grew up with the band. 10 years is a long time to be interested in something, they should take the fact we still care enough to moan to mean that we're still passionate about them. I hope they would.

Well said and since this is the moan thread, I can moan without getting flamed hopefully by the Muse backslapper gang. So here goes, in the 0.00000001% chance anybody important reads it

17, 18 songs - FAIL

Outro to Uprising dumped - FAIL

Matt not playing New Born piano - FAIL

Guiding Light sucks balls - you know it & we know it. Regular in the set list? FAIL

Static setlists - FAIL

Dead Star, Citizen Erased, MK Ultra, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Bliss, Showbiz - all of these would be better rotated in the setlist than the current dirge of Starlight, Guding Light, Unintended & UD all close together that are obviously designed for your newly found Twilight girlie fans.

Oh, and one last thing., Chicken Suit - FAIL

Sort it out Muse.

hey...at least guiding light is a new song...even if you don't like it :p

I think Cave appearing in the setlist has had about 100% positive reaction.

AMEN!!!

going to see them for the first time soon. would be nice to know they're not going to only systematically hit the standard and obvious "erogenous zones" before going for the predictable "big finish" :p

Another point that's gripped me is the Tour Length, 30 gigs for the European tour in 2009 where as in the 2006 BHaR tour there was 43 gigs, not even including Scandinavia and 14 of those gigs being in the UK
I bet there will be a drastic increase of US gigs this time around.

Archived