What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

THIS is what is meant by a "Main Muser". Someone with a frighteningly limited knowledge of music, and a fanaticism that overrides normal logic.

Loads of bands could and have come up with songs like and as good as this.

Okay, I think you might have misunderstood me, so let me revise my statement; I might have chosen the wrong words. English ain't my first language. I wasn't saying that Muse is the like oh my god the best band ever toss my panties twilight rules! You people are so quick to criticize. Tsss.

What was trying to say is that every song from every credible artist in this universe has that distinct identity, style or brand that cannot be separated from the music.

Well you know, true art is ethereal, independant of its artist.

Good point, but you must consider taht art is a form of expression, and the artist will always and inevitably be reflected in his art, whether it be his emotions, thoughts, personality, innate psychological conflicts, et cetera.

Good point, but you must consider taht art is a form of expression, and the artist will always and inevitably be reflected in his art, whether it be his emotions, thoughts, personality, innate psychological conflicts, et cetera.

Yeah I really can't see how art can be totally independent of the artist. Though, this might sound a bit ridiculous, but I sometimes think there may be something outside that works through the artist. I mean when you think of Matthew Bellamy, he said he thinks of a new song every day, he has the whole song in his head without writing any of it down. I don't think that's because he's sitting down and thinking what shall I write today, I think it's possible that it just appears in his head from seemingly nowhere.

I suppose that's what Jackstin is saying, but if it is ethereal, the question arises, where does it come from and why does it happen?

I've looked back and see that people are discussing the Muse goggles thing. Does it really matter if people like a song more because they have a soft spot for the band. I have a soft spot for Matt's voice so enjoy hearing the song sung with his voice rather than Rufus Wainwright's voice which I don't have a soft spot for. Why are people constantly listening to Muse as if they are undergoing a music exam!?:p What is important in the end is what each individual finds the most enjoyable.

Anyway sorry I've gone on a bit!:$

My point is that people only like it because it is muse... if someone else had done it they would be spouting about how utterly preposterous it is.

Nope. In fact, this song would probably get me into a band. It's the type of over the top, melodic stuff I love (and I love the eastern sounding parts).

I think it's a completely bonkers song and I'd probably embrace it more if it was somewhere else on the album. It just feels wrong that it's stuck between MK Ultra and Exogenesis.

I disagree. It feels like the party before going away to war (strange analogy but that's what it makes me think of).

Although I'm amused at myself to be saying it, I think this might even be my favourite on the album at the moment! :D It's quirky, beautiful and outrageous at the same time! And the mispronounciation of French doesn't bother me, as I'm terrible at French! I have no idea how to speak or pronounce it either! :LOL:

Though saying that, just listening to Exogenesis which is stunning. There is just too much choice! Amazing album!:D

How are people feeling about the song after the laughter dies down? Is it like a joke, only funny the first time? I've only listened once, and I was crying I was laughing so hard when the clarinet started! :LOL: I'm hoping I will appreciate it more and on different levels the more I hear it.

I guess USoE made me laugh at first, but now it just seems oddly normal. I still like it alot.

How are people feeling about the song after the laughter dies down? Is it like a joke, only funny the first time? I've only listened once, and I was crying I was laughing so hard when the clarinet started! :LOL: I'm hoping I will appreciate it more and on different levels the more I hear it.

I guess USoE made me laugh at first, but now it just seems oddly normal. I still like it alot.

I didn't even find it funny although I've always found it quite comical. It's a grower IMO, it's also quite a cool track as well.

I can't hear these fb chat sounds!

Same, wtf :LOL:

Won't mention all of them but the first two are at 00:21 and 00:44

As someone mentioned once you've spotted them it's all you can hear :LOL:

EDIT: sounds like a cross between FB chat noise and the pop noise you make when you pinch your lips and then release them quickly.

Am I the only person that didn't laugh? I chuckled because I was a bit shocked.

BTW according the lyrics in the album artwork the lyric is actually 'You are my muuu...'

Am I the only person that didn't laugh? I chuckled because I was a bit shocked.

BTW according the lyrics in the album artwork the lyric is actually 'You are my muuu...'

I didn't laugh, I have to take songs seriously if their by Muse, so it's a surprise then that I think the song is pretty cool.

i loved it from the first listen. One of matt's best songs vocally, and i love the melody. Everything about it is win :D

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

going by the clip alone, not just only the worst muse song, but worst. Song. Ever.

Archived